What do you eat?

I found out that the spin instructor I had did not leave, but she was on vacation. The class is at 8:30am. I am up before 7am to get my kids ready for school. I love breakfast foods, but I am not hungry when I wake up. I cannot go to this class with only coffee in me (tried it with only eating yogurt and found the meaning of "bonk"). I need some good, light breakfast ideas so I don't hit the wall head first during class. Cottage cheese with pineapple was one that worked well for me.

Thanks!

Apple slices + plain vanilla yogurt + sprinkle of granola
Gluten Free Cereal + banana slices + almond milk

Are two of the lighter options my wife and I have for early morning workout breakfast.

I usually work out in the mornings, so I've found either scrambled egg white with a little shredded cheese sprinkled on or steel-cut oats with skim milk and fresh blueberries works for me. Also, the required cup of coffee. :D

I eat a Clif Builder bar every morning. Easy to eat while prepping kids or driving. Enough protein and carbs to keep me running for a while.

I must admit that I tend to forget to eat breakfast because I am not hungry in the mornings. But on the days that I remember/force myself to have breakfast I usually have a protein drink it only has a 120 calories and I get 24 grams of protein. :)

Was going to suggest steel-cut oatmeal. Complex carbs flavored with simple sugars are good starters.
Remember to choose food as if it were a campfire. Give yourself a little bit of simple sugars to get the fire lit, a balanced amount of complex carbs and fats to keep it running, and some protein to act as the hardwood that keeps the core burning all day.

The hard part isn't the eating, it's the planning all this stuff out ahead of time.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I generally grab a granola bar as I head out the door to work. It doesn't last much, but at least it's something.

If I'm working out, I eat something like oatmeal and a banana.

If I'm running, just the banana. Oatmeal and distance don't mix... found that out during a surprise PFT. >p

Take what you made for dinner the night before and reheat it and bam! Yummy easy breakfast.
When I was a kid I used to eat whatever was left over from where my mom made lunch for my dad. If he had a tuna sandwich going with him for lunch then I had tuna for breakfast that morning. Used to make my mom turn green because she doesn't get that food is food.