What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
Context: Dei had stepped away for dinner, my stream content was suffering with just me alone on camera, and Dave demanded a monkey dance.

Anyway, yeah, Dei and I spent 5 hours streaming Rimworld Multiplayer tonight (starring our pawns, also @Emrys, @Terrik, @Celt Z, @Tinwhistler, @Eriol, and @Dirona). Here's probably the best bit, whereupon I am trampled by angry Muffalo, and Emrys comes out to try to save me and gets her arm ripped off for her trouble.

Last edited:
So I tried Shadow of the Tomb Raider but literally fell asleep the first time I tried to play and almost the second. It's really GD boring. I liked the first two games too.

I'm having a hell of a time getting into anything.

Lucky I was only like 10 minutes above the refund window.

So I took the opportunity of the long weekend to play through the Bioshock Infinite DLC, which I didn't have before. Playing through the two episodes of Burial at Sea right after playing through all three games was incredibly satisfying. I especially liked the turn of episode two, putting you in the place of a weaker character who had to use stealth to get by.

Started The Hex yesterday. Not sure what I think yet.

Dave

Staff member
Minecraft Dungeons. Some are saying this is Minecraft meets Diablo, but I think it's more Minecraft meets Torchlight. So far it's fun. And it's free on X-Box Live (even though I paid $30 for it from Mojang).

So I took the opportunity of the long weekend to play through the Bioshock Infinite DLC, which I didn't have before. Playing through the two episodes of Burial at Sea right after playing through all three games was incredibly satisfying. I especially liked the turn of episode two, putting you in the place of a weaker character who had to use stealth to get by.

Started The Hex yesterday. Not sure what I think yet.
The Hex is a hell of an experience. The rabbit hole just goes deeper and deeper.

Dave

Staff member
Minecraft Dungeons. Some are saying this is Minecraft meets Diablo, but I think it's more Minecraft meets Torchlight. So far it's fun. And it's free on X-Box Live (even though I paid $30 for it from Mojang).
Okay I’m changing my opinion on this. This game should be called “Baby’s First Diablo”. There’s just nothing to it. It gets old pretty quick.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered.
I never got a chance to play this game when I was younger. I've owned it for a while now but just recently got to playing it. Took me a while but I was able to complete it without looking up hints.

GasBandit

Staff member
Day of the Tentacle Remastered.
I never got a chance to play this game when I was younger. I've owned it for a while now but just recently got to playing it. Took me a while but I was able to complete it without looking up hints.
To this day, I still sometimes refuse a request by saying "No, my therapist and I have an agreement."

GasBandit

Staff member
Volcanoids

If you liked Subnautica, you'll like this. It's still in early access, but is completely playable. I've only run into a bug one time, and it wasn't a gamebreaker by any stretch. It could use a little polish and some QOL improvements, but if you're a fan of plot-based survival games with crafting, this one's your jam.

And it even can do 4 player co-op.

@Dave gifted me this game when he heard it was on my wishlist but I was waiting for a sale. I definitely recommend picking it up.

Basically, there's this island that started having constant, deadly volcanic eruptions every 30 minutes which caused the humans to evacuate (or perish, in the case of those who stayed behind). You are part of a submarine crew that returns to learn the reason for the disaster and investigate the possibility of reclaiming the island. What you find is that a race of steampunk robot "Cog" people have taken over, and are extremely hostile and aggressive to human life. They travel around the island in drill ships that tunnel through the dirt and rock, which allows them to duck out of the way of the pyroclastic flow when the volcano erupts.

So, naturally, you steal a broken down drill ship from them, fix it up, and start taking the fight to them. You can use your drill ship to travel from place to place on the surface, or in myriad subterranean cavern locations. You've got to duck back underground whenever the volcano erupts, or your ship will be destroyed (and you will die). You gather resources and fight Cogs, which gives you materials to research new items and upgrades for your drill ship, making it an ever more useful mobile base.

As you progress and open up new areas of the island (and new areas BELOW the island), you come to learn the connection between the Cogs and the volcanic disaster - and what you can do about it.

Like I said, if Subnautica was your jam, this will be too. And bonus, there's no horrifyingly terrifying great yawning abysses of ocean to make you hysterically scream in panic about. After all, you can't SEE through rock and dirt, and there are no giant predatory leviathan creatures to swallow you whole when you're burrowing like a mole.

there's no horrifyingly terrifying great yawning abysses of ocean to make you hysterically scream in panic about. After all, you can't SEE through rock and dirt, and there are no giant predatory leviathan creatures to swallow you whole when you're burrowing like a mole.
Aw, so what's the point, then?

--Patrick

I've found a new Slay the Spire and it is Monster Train. Do you like Slay the Spire? You'll probably like Monster Train.

Started the Borderlands pre-Sequel, and I have to say that this is the first FPS where being on the PC has not helped at all. I guess maybe I never realized previously how erratic the guns are in the early part of Borderlands games, but I can't hit a friggin thing unless I'm four feet from it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Aw, so what's the point, then?

--Patrick
There IS, however, an impending sense of panic, because your drill ship can't run its full facilities when submerged. It has to venture out into an open area to deploy its fabrication/refining/research modules and really become a useful base.

But it would be destroyed if it was exposed like that when an eruption happens. And an eruption happens every 25 minutes exactly (faster on higher difficulties). That means there's a real urgency to get surfaced, get set up, set the drill ship's tasks to complete, go run your errands in the world, get back to the ship, and get back underground on a VERY tight schedule.

If it weren't for Monster Train, I would be going insane right now.

It's literally keeping me from losing my mind with rage and frustration.

If it weren't for Monster Train, I would be going insane right now.

It's literally keeping me from losing my mind with rage and frustration.
It's ok to take a step back from news and social media. To limit your exposure. I know everything is fucked right now, but you don't have to take it all upon yourself at once. Stressing yourself out and fueling your anger doesn't help anything. Take a step back, have a breather. Do something nice for yourself.

Remember that we love ya, man.

Just over 12 hours to go until Sims 4 patch day. This is gonna be a big 'un, gang. EVERYTHING is expected to break. If you don't know the drill by now, here it is again:

• Back up your mods.

• Back up your CC.

• Back up your saves.

• Turn OFF auto updates.

• Put Origin in OFFLINE mode.

• Be prepared to lose Gallery access for a week or more as mod makers catch up. (BTW, Coolspear has retired. Anything of his breaks, so it goes.)

I preordered Eco Living, but I'm prepared to wait until nearly July as long as I can keep my current save going.

I have not played it yet, but as I understand it, BtpS is one of those things you get because you are a completionist, and not because you love playing Borderlands.

--Patrick
I found a sniper rifle, so I'm into it now. Makes a big difference being able to aim.

fade

Staff member
Sony made the Uncharted series (1-3) free for the lockdown. I bought 4 also. I'd played 1-3 before. This is honestly one of my all time favorite game series. It has everything I like. History, puzzles, great voice acting (Nolan North as Nathan), captivating characters, beautiful scenery, etc. A lot of really neato graphical things, too, like tons of random animations that happen when Nathan walks, that are dependent on the environment, (e.g. reaching out toward the wall, swatting flies, shaking out his wrists, etc.). Good action. And a nice Word of God explanation on why Nathan can heal when he hides for a few seconds. Basically, the game isn't measuring damage, it's measuring your luck and skill running out. The more you stay exposed, the more likely you are to die. Oh and nice, movie like direction with cool scene and camera changes, flawless cutscene interleaving, and neato transitions.

Speaking of neato transitions, thanks, Naughty Dog for the slug to the guts with the epilogue of number 4.

All in all, definitely one of my all time favorites, and really one of (in my opinion) the best game studios out there.

I played CS:GO last night for the first time for my work department's virtual "Nerdfest" where we get together to have some fun.

I haven't played a multiplayer FPS in like 13 years, so while rusty at things shooting at me (only FPS I've been playing is single player 7 Days to Die), I didn't completely suck at it. My most memorable kill of the night was when I was on counter-terrorist and my manager (on the terrorist side at the time) decided to back into the doorway that led into the stairs that I was coming up - point blank shotgun kill for me.

We later played Quake: Champions (again my first time playing it) and I remembered why I stopped playing twitchy-FPS games - in 3 games I managed 6 frags - 0 in first, 2 in second, and 4 in third. First two games our group lost like 70-something to 15 or so. The third game we were close, but lost 54 to 48.

I don't have the time to invest in playing those games, so I'll never be that great at them, but it was still fun.

Also, I do not recommend playing Slapshot (Free to play game on Steam) - we tried that for a little while and none of us liked it.

I've been spending time with Inquisitor Martyr some more and I'm super glad I switched from the Tech Priest to the Psyker because holy shit is it so much more fun to rain down psychic mayhem and explosions on hordes of enemies rather than be a lame-o pet class that just lets AI controlled pets do all the work.

Just finished playing Journey, which is now available on Steam. I've lost count of how many times I played it on PS3 and PS4, but it never fails to leave me in awe.

So I'm like 40 levels away from the level cap in Inquisitor Martyr and there's no content left. It's all just running randomly generated missions in order to get better gear in order to run more randomly generated missions? I feel the end game of this game was not thought out.

Devil May Cry 5 is good.

Fire Pro Wrestling on PC can fuck right off. I wondered if there was any new content since I bought the Early Access many moons ago. Nope. Still barebones as fuck. There is 200 dollars in DLC though. Fuck right off. It may be the most fun wrestling game, but it sure can eat shit with it's monetization.