What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
Snuffles and I are playing lots of Vermintide 2 still and having a good time.

But on my own I've been playing a FUCKLOAD of Bloons TD 6 and WHY IS THIS SO ENGROSSING FOR ME

I decided to shelve my monk for now and leveled a White Mage from 1-80 so I could start enjoying Endwalker content. Unfortunately all I've been doing is rediscovering my love for taking character shots.
Even got my family playing the game, so they want to start doing Gpose shots when we finish a dungeon
ffxiv_01292022_172026_200.png

2022-02-01_20-55-33-968_PhotosmithFreyRevelry.png

2022-02-01_21-52-55-898_OMGEorzea.png

2022-02-01_22-30-37-504_OMGEorzea.png

2022-02-01_23-48-39-865_OMGEorzea.png

2022-02-01_23-50-09-673_OMGEorzea.png

2022-02-02_11-05-04-162_OMGEorzea.png

I suppose I should enjoy the week I'm taking off to allow this bone fracture swelling to go down and start hitting the MSQs.

GasBandit

Staff member
I decided to shelve my monk for now and leveled a White Mage from 1-80 so I could start enjoying Endwalker content. Unfortunately all I've been doing is rediscovering my love for taking character shots.
Even got my family playing the game, so they want to start doing Gpose shots when we finish a dungeon
View attachment 40382

View attachment 40376
View attachment 40377
View attachment 40378
View attachment 40379
View attachment 40380
View attachment 40381

I suppose I should enjoy the week I'm taking off to allow this bone fracture swelling to go down and start hitting the MSQs.
Fuckin gorgeous.

UUuuughhh don't pull me innnnnnnnnnn

TERRIK PLAY VERMINTIDE WITH ME AND SNUFFLES

Fuckin gorgeous.

UUuuughhh don't pull me innnnnnnnnnn

TERRIK PLAY VERMINTIDE WITH ME AND SNUFFLES
Hah, alright, alright, give me a shout next time you play. I play FFXIV through their launcher and not on Steam so that's why you don't see me there. Just shoot me a message.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hah, alright, alright, give me a shout next time you play. I play FFXIV through their launcher and not on Steam so that's why you don't see me there. Just shoot me a message.
Ok. We've pretty much played every single night for the last couple weeks, barring a few days in a row we took off as a break when back-to-back bullshit conspired to dilate our buttholes with invincible rat ogres.

Axis and Allies 1942 Online, via the Steam platform

me to Steam said:
This is the first video game I have every asked for a refund for in my entire life. It is not intuitive, it is not fun to play, it's a frustrating recreation of a beloved board game. I literally want nothing more to do with it and I am disgusted to have given the developers the few hours I have played. I will never get that time back. At least I can get my money back.

GasBandit

Staff member
I finally got into Dead by Daylight with Terrik. Survived one, lost one. Not bad fun. A lot in it is unintuitive, especially when I'm used to hitting "E" to interact with things in other games, and here half the time it's left click and half the time it's space. Like I understand why it's space to vault through a window, but I keep clicking closets when I have to hit space on them. Also it took me a bit to get the hang of the skill checks for generators. I'm used to the needle going around more than once in other games. Catching the audio cue that the skill check is about to happen is kinda critical.

I love exploring and trying to find shiny Pokémon. I was watching tv and accidentally fell off a cliff. Thankfully, my satchel was returned.

When my kids die, I see theirs and can help. Mine wasn’t there for them though.

Inscryption

I'm deleting this spoilered spoiler because I don't want to accidentally spoil anyone. I've never had a game ramp from me like it, to loving it, to it being a top 5 game of all time for me. MiB neuralizer for me please.

If this kind of thing was popular enough to be a thing we got more than once in a blue moon, gaming would be a much better place.

Last edited:
Inscryption

This has been on my wishlist for awhile, but I decided to nab it while it was on sale after Frank talked about it.

I'm enjoying it well enough, but it's really frustrating to get a good hand going. I still haven't "beaten" it (and I'm guessing even just beating it is just starting down the rabbit hole). My last time playing, I got right to what I assume is the final boss and he completely trounced me. Rogue-likes frustrate me because I might have an absolute dominating built and then completely throttled, only to have to start right back to the beginning. This is despite unlocking some secret cards inside the cabin, which honestly aren't nearly as helpful as the game makes it sound like they are.

I finally got into Dead by Daylight with Terrik. Survived one, lost one. Not bad fun. A lot in it is unintuitive, especially when I'm used to hitting "E" to interact with things in other games, and here half the time it's left click and half the time it's space. Like I understand why it's space to vault through a window, but I keep clicking closets when I have to hit space on them. Also it took me a bit to get the hang of the skill checks for generators. I'm used to the needle going around more than once in other games. Catching the audio cue that the skill check is about to happen is kinda critical.
I'm still playing tons of dbd, let me know if you guys wanna play

Just Die Already

Meh. Got this through Humble Bundle Choice and I regret cashing the key in. It seemed like another Goat Simulator style game, but it's nowhere near as fun or memorable.

Inscryption

This has been on my wishlist for awhile, but I decided to nab it while it was on sale after Frank talked about it.

I'm enjoying it well enough, but it's really frustrating to get a good hand going. I still haven't "beaten" it (and I'm guessing even just beating it is just starting down the rabbit hole). My last time playing, I got right to what I assume is the final boss and he completely trounced me. Rogue-likes frustrate me because I might have an absolute dominating built and then completely throttled, only to have to start right back to the beginning. This is despite unlocking some secret cards inside the cabin, which honestly aren't nearly as helpful as the game makes it sound like they are.
Inscyption

Finally beat him with an ungodly powerful deck build (including a beast that hit for 14 damage).

And now...shit's getting meta. Here we go.

What the fuuuuuuuuck?!
Yeah pretty much. Great game though. After you get the ending you should look up Game Theory episodes on it. He delves into the legit secrets of the game that basically only people with programming know-how would be able to get access to. The game is really in depth, and delivers an insane number of challenging easter eggs to find for the computer-savvy.

Yeah pretty much. Great game though. After you get the ending you should look up Game Theory episodes on it. He delves into the legit secrets of the game that basically only people with programming know-how would be able to get access to. The game is really in depth, and delivers an insane number of challenging easter eggs to find for the computer-savvy.
I...actually already watched them last night, without finishing the game. I fell down a rabbit hole of watching Inscyption videoes and stumbled on them.

At least I didn't watch them until getting into Act 2 of the game.

So, all of these FF14 posts have given me the itch to give it a try. There's no free trial, and I suppose that's fine. The question on my mind is: Are the collection edition bonus items worth it? Or is it like WoW back in the day and all the collector's edition stuff were cosmetic only, and if you sported them, you were seen as a pay-to-win douchebag?

So, all of these FF14 posts have given me the itch to give it a try. There's no free trial, and I suppose that's fine. The question on my mind is: Are the collection edition bonus items worth it? Or is it like WoW back in the day and all the collector's edition stuff were cosmetic only, and if you sported them, you were seen as a pay-to-win douchebag?
Mmm? There is a free trial...*checks*, ah been disabled temporary because the game got too goddamn popular. I'm pretty sure Collector's edition are cosmetics too, and they're pretty cool. One thing FFXIV has over WoW (well, one of many, many things), is that the community is leaps and bounds better.

As Terrik says, the free trial is offline right now because they turned it off for the expansion launch. Considering the log-in system always selects paying players first AND the servers were already facing 3000+ player lines, this was probably for the best. I suspect they'll switch it back on for 6.1 in a few weeks.

You can always digitally upgrade your edition via Mogstation if you want the items. There is no need to get them right away if you don't especially want them NOW, as the only one that gives you any kind of actual advantage (the Helm of Light) really only works for the first ten levels.

That said, if you DO decide to sub to the game, let one of us 14 players know so we can toss you a friend code. This'll give you stuff for subbing...

- Friendship Circlet (+20% xp when level 25 or lower)
- 99x Aetheryte Tickets (free teleportation)
- /fistbump emote
- 10x Silver Chocobo Feathers (can be redeemed for leveling gear)

Your code giver gets nice stuff too, depending on how long you sub. You can even double dip and recieve both sides of the friend code rewards, if you introduce someone else to playing!

One thing FFXIV has over WoW (well, one of many, many things), is that the community is leaps and bounds better.
I heard this constantly from the people who convinced me to play, but my experience - starting the game after the mass exodus from wow - didn't match. There were at least 5 times during leveling where I had an absolutely shit experience in a dungeon, told one of my friends about it, and he said basically "huh, I've been playing for years and I've never run into that!"

He also said that support is much quicker and heavier on the banhammer for people being dickheads, so maybe that'll sort itself out in time, but I definitely wouldn't expect new players to have an entirely positive experience with their interactions with the community at large.

I heard this constantly from the people who convinced me to play, but my experience - starting the game after the mass exodus from wow - didn't match. There were at least 5 times during leveling where I had an absolutely shit experience in a dungeon, told one of my friends about it, and he said basically "huh, I've been playing for years and I've never run into that!"

He also said that support is much quicker and heavier on the banhammer for people being dickheads, so maybe that'll sort itself out in time, but I definitely wouldn't expect new players to have an entirely positive experience with their interactions with the community at large.
I'm going to echo that the community AT LARGE is generally much better, but the recent influx of WoW players has introduced a bit toxicity, especially in the pre-50 stuff. Ironically, a lot of the problem is centered around the Novice Network (which is basically Barrens Chat these days) and the city zones, so I'd just avoid chat in there. If people act like shit in game content? That's an anomaly.

If you want to meet some actually helpful people outside the game, I recommend The Balance. It's one of the better FF14 communities.

When I used the Novice Network to try to get into the game, it was literally one fucking creepo hitting on everyone in the room, constantly. Completely useless feature without moderation.