What are you playing?

I can say this with Cyberpunk. Nvidia's newest drivers have made WORLDS of difference. Night and day. I've never seen performance increases this big before from one driver update.

Now, I'd like to talk about the crafting system. It's neat. And robust. And I'd love to take part in it. But Jesus, in order to be ANY good at it, you have to pump an unbelievable amount of stat and perk points into it. Like, all of them. Having to choose between crafting or shooting/hacking/stealth/etc is a no brainer in a game like this.

Last edited:
Maneater

Well, on top of being on a good discount, I was also able to use a coupon to bring it to around $15 total, so that low enough for me.

I just beat it, which took just under 10 hours and I found the majority of the collectibles. It was a LOT of fun playing a shark, honestly. Ordinarily, a game filled with "eat 10 of these things" side-missions would get old after awhile, but I had fun the whole time. Probably because there really aren't that many games where you get to play as a shark. The game is sorely lacking a lock-on feature, though, especially in boss battles. And combat basically came down to "mash the eat button." And maybe Subnautica spoiled me, but the underwater sights weren't as interesting as above water (the visual of seeing your shark fin glide across the water never gets old). In fact, the draw distance is honestly kind of atrocious most times so you're mostly seeing outlines of shapes.

And yet I can honestly say I still enjoyed it. For me, it was worth exactly the price I paid for it. Despite the lack of variety and not-so-great draw distance, it's still never gets old to send people on the beaches screaming as you hop after them.

Dave

Staff member
Monster Hinter: World. I've played almost an hour now and haven't done shit. I'm about to close it and walk away. If, in fact, the cut scene hellscape that it is will let me.

Well, what I said about Cyberpunk not being as broken as PS3 Skyrim was completely and utterly wrong. It's exactly as broken as Skyrim PS3.

View attachment 36548
That exact bug was also in morrowind and oblivion. I remember having to close doors behind me when I opened them because having to track how many doors are opened would balloon the save size

So, playing as much Sooberdunk 2076 as I have in the last few, I have come to this conclusion:

Just make a Cyberpunk 2020 game with the bugnuts insane shit from the sourcebook INCLUDING David Bowie looking Johnny Silverhand. Still have Keanu play him. This would fuckin' rule.

1608538631593.png

More MHGU. I can solo HR Hyper Nargacuga in the hub that’s meant for a group, but solo HR Zinogre trashed me. Grrr.

Also grr at the meds they give me after my procedure. Keeping me up at weird hours.

Someone mentioned Progress Quest to me, so out of nostalgia I fired up the browser-based version of it, and as a result I've been watching progress bars go up all day.

Man, dopamine is a hell of a drug.

I have been playing Raft with my son. I wasn't sure what to expect from this game, all I knew about it was a Raft and a shark going in. But it feels like a cross between Wind Waker and Subnautica, and even though it starts slow, and there's no real direction in the beginning, I'm finding it enjoyable. It's still in Early Access though, so I think the story isn't completed yet. (I have not yet finished the available story)

For cyberpunk, I think it's a shit show in many ways but also finished it and put in 110 hours(I had the week it came out off) and didn't really come across anything more than visual bugs.

Last edited:
I've never been happier about not playing games until they're at least a year old as I am about Cyberpunk.
For cyberpunk, I think it's a shit show in many ways but also finished it and put in 110 hours(I had the week it came out off) and didn't really come across anything more than visual bugs.
same, its been flawless, nonlaggy, and otherwise great except for an occasional visual bug.

Ditto. Only gamebreaking bug I had was before the first patch. After that only a couple of visual bugs and due to getting double jump and trying weird shortcuts I got stuck once or twice and had to reload.

I just got a massive one. I can't talk to Delamain. Apparently this bug makes a later story quest unfinishable too according to folks that have gotten the same bug. Dang.

My husband and I were playing Code Vein together yesterday, and boy do we suck ass at these kinds of games right now.

But I really mostly bought it for the character creator if I'm being honest with myself. :p

GasBandit

Staff member
Carrion -

Took me about 8 hours to get through both the base game and the "christmas" DLC. Cute game, very innovative, but almost no replay value. If you haven't played it, snag it when it's under 10 bucks and enjoy the power fantasy of being the monster instead of the human.

Don’t starve. And my first attempt was weak lol.

I didn’t notice the crafting menu until after dark :)
Post automatically merged:

I had help.
FB21D27E-43F3-45BB-9EC4-B8D1834A7761.jpeg