What are you playing?

Don'ta get me started on Alphinaud and the anime trope of 15 year old or however old this little person is supposed to be being in charge of people and people actually listening to him.

They keep calling Thancred grizzled old. I'm sure he's 24. Though who can tell in this squadron of bleached blondes and silver haired 14 year olds where I am the literal only non-blonde.

I'm about to fuck up Nidhogg for the second time.
Alphinaud's 16 and Thancred's 32 (+1 for each by time of Shadowbringers). Thancred's positively ancient by JRPG standards.

I've only played an hour, but Star Wars Squardons in VR completely justified my VR setup. It was like an amusement park ride. Fucking amazing.

No touch. I'm using my thursmaster joystick. Can use keyboard/mouse or controller too.

You know i get sick in VR. This didn't bother me in the slightest. Probably because of the cockpit as @GasBandit mentioned. Give it a shot for An hour and it makes you queasy, refund it.
I'm not going to get it today, I have the worst headache. But I might consider trying it in the future. Not being able to use the Touch controllers sucks though.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm not going to get it today, I have the worse headache. But I might consider trying it in the future. Not being able to use the Touch controllers sucks though.
In my experience, there are advantages and disadvantages to both schemes. The Touch controllers are more immersive, but you can't "rest your hands on the yoke" like you can with a joystick and there's no meaningful tactile feedback like how a joystick "pushes back" against you manipulating it.. Sopwith VR used the touch controllers for instrument manipulation, and it made for a very "floaty" and disconnected piloting experience.

But in War Thunder, it would have been nice to be able to use a touch controller on my non-yoke hand to be able to reach up and manipulate the instruments (throttle, radar, mixture, prop pitch, etc) since it had fully "real" gauges and what not that actually conveyed information but had to be adjusted like a real plane... and it sucked to have to do that blind on the keyboard.

In my experience, there are advantages and disadvantages to both schemes. The Touch controllers are more immersive, but you can't "rest your hands on the yoke" like you can with a joystick and there's no meaningful tactile feedback like how a joystick "pushes back" against you manipulating it.. Sopwith VR used the touch controllers for instrument manipulation, and it made for a very "floaty" and disconnected piloting experience.

But in War Thunder, it would have been nice to be able to use a touch controller on my non-yoke hand to be able to reach up and manipulate the instruments (throttle, radar, mixture, prop pitch, etc) since it had fully "real" gauges and what not that actually conveyed information but had to be adjusted like a real plane... and it sucked to have to do that blind on the keyboard.
Even though I never actually have to look at my keyboard when I use it, when I can't see it, I always panic. ;)

Also, reviews are mixed right now, and people are complaining about VR issues, which is all the motivation I need to wait.

There are VR issues? Huh. Havent run into anything, but its early I guess.

There are enough controls that I feel like I'm utilizing all the buttons on my joystick

Been severely depressed to the point that I haven't gone to work most of this week. Instead, I've been playing My Time At Portia through Xbox Game Pass. It's a heck of an addictive game.

The warriors of darkness can eat all the shit in the world. Fuck off with your justifications. Zero sympathy for their fucking bullshit. Get the fuck out of here and stay gone.

I liked the main storyline of Heavensward with the dragons and Ishgard and such but Jesus did this warriors of darkness shit land with a dull and uninteresting thud.

Last edited:
I had my first difficult time in a dungeon, trial or raid in FF14 trying to kill the Griffin. I felt like the only player who knew to not look at the flash bombs and to try to kill the chains placed on the healer and also to kill the damn sword in the middle. We eventually got there but it was a slog of tries before I could get through to the other 3. It was kind of refreshing honestly, there's A LOT going on in that fight.

I had my first difficult time in a dungeon, trial or raid in FF14 trying to kill the Griffin. I felt like the only player who knew to not look at the flash bombs and to try to kill the chains placed on the healer and also to kill the damn sword in the middle. We eventually got there but it was a slog of tries before I could get through to the other 3. It was kind of refreshing honestly, there's A LOT going on in that fight.
You're going to notice it a lot less often as you advance into Stormblood and Shadowbringers, though generally the first moment you "need" to learn mechanics is usually Aurum Vale or The Aery. Thankfully, there are solo story bits in Stormblood that basically force the issue, making it pretty rare to see folk like this after that.

Count Dr. Darth Dracula Von Emperor Vader is the silliest most Final Fantasy villain yet. I fucking laughed when he showed up hauling his rotating barrel of swords.

1602006594333.png

Yeah... Xenos' motivations aren't.... great.
I disagree.

I view each expansion in FF14 as seasons of an anime. We had the conquering emperor with maybe valid reasons but terrible PR in season 1, we had the eons war fury dragon who oh maybe it us humans elves that are actually terrible all along, and now we've moved into the samurai arc with the cartoon villain that's bored and wants a good fight. Besides, there's a much better secondary villain that's much more interesting all through stormblood, Zenos is there to just be the overwhelming force.

I disagree.

I view each expansion in FF14 as seasons of an anime. We had the conquering emperor with maybe valid reasons but terrible PR in season 1, we had the eons war fury dragon who oh maybe it us humans elves that are actually terrible all along, and now we've moved into the samurai arc with the cartoon villain that's bored and wants a good fight. Besides, there's a much better secondary villain that's much more interesting all through stormblood, Zenos is there to just be the overwhelming force.
The problem with making Zenos the primary antagonist for most of the expansion is that he's not involved in the samurai story, it's the serious war story in all the parts that he's actually involved, which makes him stand out like a sore thumb and makes him minimally involved in the story at best. This is mostly caused be SE's decision to squish the Ala Mhigan War story in order to appease Japanese fans with the Doman arc, which was supposed to be it's own expansion.

Like, they've spent the last two expansions building up Ala Mhigan resistances and etc. and that goes down in like 10 minutes and you're booted the fuck out to the far east. What the hell?

I am really bad at Hades. I can at least get through the first section, but I continuously get wrecked by the bone hydra.

Well, so far I'm 100% with Ashburner here. Zenos is a fucking boring villain who the game has made me fight two unwinnable fights so far just to show how bad ass he is. He's Kai Leng territory in shit villains right now.

Luigi's Mansion 3:
I've never played the Luigi's Mansion games before this. I'm sad I didn't as this is actually a lot of fun.