What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
Last one, Den: RT Fuse. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=878965937&searchtext=

Adds fuses and circuit breakers to the things you can craft. Each one can mitigate the damage from shorts in your electrical grid by 3000 (3 full batteries worth). Up to you if you want to implement, though, I can kinda see it as starting to infringe into the "that's kinda cheating" territory, but IMO it should have been in vanilla anyway like this, as it has to be researched and manufactured with resources.

And I, for one, am tired of fires breaking out at 3 am when a "random" short goes BZZT and a conduit explodes, and having to manually wake people up to go firefight. And a civilization that knows about power armor and plasma weaponry should know how to figure out a goddamned circuit breaker.

Last edited:
Holy fuck I thought I started playing Rimworld but apparently I entered a time warp cause I dunno where the last day went...

I just bought Darkest Dungeons via GOG.
I might never play it, I mainly wanted it for the soundtrack.
Might be time to make a few more custom ringtones...

--Patrick

The alphabeavers will haunt the people of Lusitania's nightmares for years. So many lost fingers...

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Rimworld - Halforums Edition - Now on harder difficulty!

6 Jugust, 5508 - Terrik and Zero go at it again in the kitchen. They beat each other bloody, then sit down and have a meal side by side, then limp off to the infirmary together. CeltZ and Dei patch them up, no doubt having stern words for what a waste of medkits this is.
Pictured: A post-brawl nosh

12 Jugust - Sapper attack. Dirona's Father is among the raiders. They breach the walls in two places but are absolutely destroyed by the defenders, though they take special pains to allow Dirona's father to escape when the Pirates turn rout. Terrik and Gas are hit by a rocket launcher, but are able to walk themselves to the infirmary and are out within a day or two. One of the Pirates was carrying a Doomsday missile... lucky he was taken out before he could use it! Now it is in the compound's storage...
Pictured: The last of the pirates flee back through their holes, Dako, Dirona's father, among them.

14 Jugust - Another Psychic ship section. What, did they get these on sale? Mortars and luring, again. Three scythers and FIVE caterpillars come out. Doc catches the edge of an inferno cannon blast, but otherwise everybody's ok, at least, until Null comes rushing to help put out the fire, and catches on fire himself. The burns are minor. Both are fine by that evening.

1 Septober - The wedding of Kags and Null takes place. For some reason, they opt to have it in the Kitchen instead of the rose garden. Probably because there's food and booze in the kitchen for the afterparty.
Pictured: Perhaps they sensed darkness on the horizon and wanted to make the most of the time they had left...

6 Septober - Dirona's father repays the previous kindness by coming back with a siege party. They start to set up mortars to shell the compound. But the compound has mortars of its own... As soon as the pirates realize they're being counter-bombarded, they blitz the entrance. 9 Pirates are killed, including Dirona's Father, who is gunned down by DocSeverin. Only superficial injuries happen to our side. Dirona's Father is buried near the Rose Garden, and the rest of the pirates are cremated. Dirona had previously been building a burgeoning friendship with Doc, but now she can't even look at him. During the battle, a mortar happened to strike an ancient structure that forms part of the west wall of the compound... strange noises are heard from inside.

9 Septober - The pirates must really have it in for the Halforumites - The three who escaped from the botched siege are back with another raid, not even fully recovered from their wounds. As they are gathering their forces down the road, Dirona, Kags and Emrys man the mortars and give them something to think about. No defenders are wounded when the half-crazed, shellshocked pirates finally make the gate. Also, I figure out how to get status monitors at the top to not wear hats. Got tired of all that red hair being covered up.
Pictured: SPECIAL DELIVERY, ASSHATS

11 Septober - To help blow off the steam of the recent attacks, Kags throws a party in the kitchen. Everyone attends. Kags is uncharacteristically abstemious during the soiree.

12 Septober - Alarmed by the noises that continue to come from the west wall, the militia lines up, and then breaches. It turns out, they needn't have worried... or perhaps they should have worried earlier. Within the wall an ancient cryptosleep tomb is found. The stray mortar seemed to have plunged through the roof and damaged the defending Caterpillar mechanoids, and forced the cryptosleep caskets to open - perhaps as an emergency measure when damaged? At any rate, six days sealed in the tomb looks like it was too much for them. There are signs of violence everywhere, blood and vomit on every conceivable surface, but no gunshots - all the killing wounds look to be made from unarmed combat, except the last one or two show signs of malnutrition... they must have come out of stasis with the worst case of cryposickness ever, and immediately attacked each other, out of their minds, until the last few survivors starved in the dark. Investigation finds a psychic insanity lance among the items in the crypt, which perhaps explains a few things. It's a grim scene, but perhaps it is for the best - had the tomb been opened undamaged, there would have been caterpillars in the compound, followed by a half dozen murderous psychotics. While removing the bodies, Terrik is horrified to find he recognizes one... it is his aforementioned wife, "Jen." She is buried in the Rose Garden with the other recently lost relatives. The others are cremated. It is decided to clean, repair, and maintain the cryptosleep pods in the tomb... "just in case."
Pictured: Yeah, we didn't wanna sleep soundly tonight anyway. Or for the rest of our lives, for that matter.

14 Septober - The volcanic winter persists through fall, sending the temperatures into sub-zero areas much earlier than usual, cutting the growing season short. The community harvests what they can, and hopefully between that and the greenhouses, they can make it through the winter. If worse comes to worse, in the previous year of plenty, they prepared and stored 300 emergency rations. At least meat isn't scarce.

2nd Decembruary - The Pirates have had enough of us. Using drop pods and led by their actual faction leader, they crash straight into the center of the compound! The kitchen and workshop are severely damaged as the pods smash in through the roof. The non-com HFers run for safety - Mostly to the cryptosleep tomb, Ash is caught on the wrong side of the compound and takes refuge in the east greenhouse. The militia rallies in the breezeway and prepares to fight a desperate battle with no supporting defense turrets. Dave's nose is shot off, disfiguring him badly. In the Fracas, Doc successfully kills the pirate leader, but Dave accidentally hits Willow, Dei's pet Alpaca, killing it. DocSeverin loses his left index finger to a pirate gladius. The pirates are eventually all killed, but the kitchen and workshop are engulfed in flames. By the time the fires are out, the Kitchen has sustained moderate damage, but the workshop is almost entirely gutted.
Pictured: My world's on fire, how bout yours?

Note how much more has happened of consequence in 30 days than happened all the previous year :confused:

@Terrik has been telling me about his P5 adventures and said "I'm 80 hours in, I've got to be almost done," and I laughed in his face. I expect that you already know better though.
Oh yeah, I'm still in it for a while. Easiest way to tell is to compare the party level to the high-end Personas in the advanced fusion.

@Denbrought : Another Rimworld mod I've found which I expect to really ameliorate one of my few teeth-grinding irritations with the game: Designating a spot for traders to go so they don't randomly slam bedroom doors all night.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=948572545
Christ yes good thank you.
Last one, Den: RT Fuse. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=878965937&searchtext=

Adds fuses and circuit breakers to the things you can craft. Each one can mitigate the damage from shorts in your electrical grid by 3000 (3 full batteries worth). Up to you if you want to implement, though, I can kinda see it as starting to infringe into the "that's kinda cheating" territory, but IMO it should have been in vanilla anyway like this, as it has to be researched and manufactured with resources.

And I, for one, am tired of fires breaking out at 3 am when a "random" short goes BZZT and a conduit explodes, and having to manually wake people up to go firefight. And a civilization that knows about power armor and plasma weaponry should know how to figure out a goddamned circuit breaker.
Ehhh, may or may not use. Batteries being unreliable is sort of a challenge on its own. Currently doing a tribe game, will probably try out this mod on them (since I'm already having to pay the hilarious research penalty from medieval level onwards).

GasBandit

Staff member
Rimworld - Halforums "I forgot to take screenshots this time" Edition

Dec 3, 5508 - Emrys, Doc, Null, Zero and Pat are all suddenly stricken with muscle parasites. Emrys is so strongly affected she is hospitalized and unable to walk.

Dec 4 - The new leader of the Pirates, Paulo, arrives with another pack of assholes to attack the compound. A couple turrets are destroyed, but all 15 pirates are put out of commission before any serious damage can be done. Well, technically 4 pirates survive the fight, but bleed out or freeze to death overnight.

Dec 6 - A group of stray cats begins to live at the compound. Pat, Dave, and Dei are infected with fibrous mechanites, which are just as painful and exhausting as muscle parasites, except they make you faster and more dextrous instead of sluggish and clumsy. Since Pat now has both, it basically means his performance is normal, but his pain is excruciating and he's always on the verge of losing consciousness.

Dec 7 - the cats get into the beer.

Dec 10 - the skies clear, the volcanic winter finally at an end.

Dec 11 - A low pressure system rolls through, beginning a cold snap. /facepalm. The mechanites and parasites playing tug-of-war in Pat's system cause him to suffer a fatal heart attack. He is interred in a an artful sarcophagus with the other fallen halforumites, wearing his power armor as a gesture of respect. Null and Ash take his death particularly hard. Even with the emotional toll aside, this is a tremendous blow to the productivity of the compound, as Pat was its best manufacturer. That task will have to be shouldered by Dave alone, now.

Dec 12 - Emrys is finally able to leave the infirmary under her own power. One of the cats wanders too far from the compound and is eaten by a timber wolf. Later that night, Pirates gather outside for a raid. They find another one of the compound cats and decapitate it with a sword. The Halforumites thank them with a mortar barrage into their staging ground. While waiting for the pirates' counter attack, Terrik suffers a mental break and leaves his post to go pig out in the kitchen, eating all the food there. Despite this, the chaotic, softened brigands are easily vanquished when they reach the gates.

Dec 15 - CeltZ and Null are infected with Sensory Mechanites. While these bizarre nanobots actually make you see, hear, speak, and manipulate things at almost preternatural levels, they also hurt and make you tired.

Apr 1, 5509 - Toxic ship crash. At least it isn't a psychic one this time. Usual strategy works as good as ever, with the exception that a cat was outside between the ship and the front gate, and the robot aggressors killed it. Additionally, two rare wild thrumbos are caught in the crossfire and are killed.

Apr 2 - A woman named Squidleybits comes to the compound, fleeing pirates. She is taken in. The pirates chasing her are more clever than usual, and manage to throw a grenade squarely on the power conduit that feeds half the turrets, and they go offline. Another pirate is carrying a doomsday rocket launcher, and just as the battle almost seems to be won, he fires it at the defenders, downing all of them except Gasbandit, who is still injured in the blast. Dave also suffers severe damage to his left eye that leaves a scar. Time to track down another bionic eye.

Apr 10 - The damn bugs are infesting the emergency storage room again. Need to shore up those walls so this stops happening.

Jugust 2 - Kags goes on an all-day drinking binge, passes out in the kitchen and has to be carried to the infirmary to get her stomach pumped.

Jugust 3 - A heat wave strikes for 3 days. Temperatures spike to 60C. Ashburner is the most affected, as usual.

Jugust 4 - From out of the wasteland walks a wanderer named Eriol. He joins the community. He was a battle mechanic in another life, and is a good hand at crafting and building, as well as being handy in a brawl or shootout. Which is a good thing, on all counts. He ain't much for talkin', though.

Jugust 5, early AM - an electrical storm startles everyone from their beds, and lightning strikes cause numerous fires around the compound. It's lucky everybody gets up, as then a swarm of mechanoids assault the compound, larger than any previous mechanoid group. It is dealt with, though a cat is caught in the crossfire. I'm amazed we still have any cats. Eriol discards his old machine pistol in favor of a minigun yanked off a Caterpillar.

Jugust 4 - From out of the wasteland walks a wanderer named Eriol. He joins the community. He was a battle mechanic in another life, and is a good hand at crafting and building, as well as being handy in a brawl or shootout. Which is a good thing, on all counts. He ain't much for talkin', though.
Didn't Jimmy Dean make a song about him?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I think you're confusing Jimmy Dean with The Buoys.

--Patrick
Incidentally, there's actually nothing stopping me from butchering every dead human for meat and leather in this game, other than the fact that it causes huge morale debuffs for everyone in the community who doesn't have the "psychotic" or "cannibal" trait (and doubles down on that debuff on anyone who consumes a meal cooked from human meat if they don't have either trait). "Human Leather Hats" is a running gag in the subreddit for this game :p

GasBandit

Staff member
RimWorld - Halforums Edition

8 Jugust 5509 - Another 2am sapper raid. They tunnel through the wall to get a face full of charge rifle and minigun rounds, and beat a hasty retreat when half of them are killed off. Eriol unfortunately also catches a grenade to the face, but only loses an ear. That's just an initiation around here it seems. A cat is also killed by a pirate's rocket launcher (the compound is now down to 5 cats and 4 kittens). Later that day, for unexplained reasons, CeltZ divorces Zero. Zero is completely taken by surprise, had no idea anything was wrong, and is now very bitter and resentful about it. He is further aggravated that there isn't enough time left in the day to even provide him with a cot, so he bivouacs out in the workshop until a room can be constructed for him.
Pictured: Another week, another raid. Oooh, nice LMG.

9 Jugust - Dave finishes construction of an excellent charge rifle for Eriol, as the Minigun's spray is a little inaccurate. An odd psychic phenomena also begins across the area, soothing the mind of all male humans. It's nice for something mysterious to not be overtly malignant, for once. Kags spends all day drinking two 6-packs. Impressively, she manages not to puke on anything.
Pictured: The construction of Zero's bachelor pad

14 Jugust - it was too good to last. A Psychic ship chunk spoils the mental party. It is handled with no injuries, however.

15 Jugust - Eriol stays up late tying one on in the rec room. He stumbles outside and hurls in the crematorium. That's gonna smell great the next time it's used... He sleeps through most of the following day.

1 Septober - Despite having reinforced the walls, another infestation breaks out in the emergency stores. Their numbers are deftly hidden, however, so when the militia goes to clean them out, they are all overwhelmed. Ashburner foolishly follows in, mindlessly on some task, and is quickly bitten into unconsciousness. The civvies are able to stealthily drag Ash, Gas, Terrik and Zero out before the insects become agitated again and attack. Ash is stashed in a cryptosleep casket to keep him in stasis while the other three are given emergency treatment in the infirmary. Fortunately, a local trade caravan of tribals helps kill some more bugs, and Dave, Eriol and Doc are also taken into cryptosleep until the medics can get to them. At least two more cats are eaten by giant insects. Some fingers and toes are lost all around, and several suits of power armor are no longer serviceable.

3 Septober - Zero, Gas, and Terrik are finally discharged from the hospital, so Dave, Doc and Eriol are taken out of stasis to take their place in treatment. Their blood loss was so extreme they would have died in less than 2 hours had they not been put in cryptosleep. Meanwhile, the storage room floors have concrete installed over them, hoping THAT will put paid to any more giant insect incursions.
That evening, visiting tribals are caught undermining the wall. Two of them are arrested and one killed, and the tribe declares war on the HF compound.

4 Septober - Eriol has lost his left hand to the bugs. Fortunately, there's a Bionic Arm already in storage. His surgery goes smoothly.

6 Septober - Dei convinces one of the Tribals to join the Community. His name is "Tinwhistler." Within the day, he and CeltZ have become lovers. Ashburner is taken out of Cryptosleep and his injuries are tended.

10 Septober - In the middle of a solar flare, since not much work is going to do otherwise, Terrik throws a party. As social events go, it's not all that bad - even if it is in the chilly dark. On an unrelated note, a cat and a kitten are eaten by wolves. Counterintuitively, there are still 5 cats and 5 kittens. Let's hear it for short gestation periods.

11 Septober - a pack of 17 man-eating Ostriches circumvent the defenses of the compound and attack from the beach. They catch everyone off guard. All of the militia is incapacitated except Terrik, who is merely wounded (and has lost a FIFTH toe). Dave loses 2 fingers, GasBandit loses his left foot.
Pictured: This must be what the Australians felt like when they lost the Emu War.

13 Septober - a trade caravan arrives. Much to everyone's surprise, Dave's wife is among them. Didn't even know he was married. Dave gets a bionic eye. Unfortunately, they do not have a bionic leg for GasBandit.

14 Septober - Dei botches the surgery to install Dave's new eye. The bionic eye is broken beyond repair, and Dave sustains a head injury. Fortunately, the traders haven't departed yet, and they have another one for sale. The community is actually pretty well off for silver, so buying it isn't a hardship. Zero attempts to install the eye instead, but also makes a hash of it, and makes Dave's existing vision worse. Squidleybits consoles Zero on his failure, and next thing you know, the two are lovers.
Pictured: Zero runs for more medical supplies to fix his "oops" in Dave's ocular cavity.

1 Decembruary - Fearing a winter cold snap, it is decided to harvest any remaining plants now. The remaining captive tribal comes down with plague.

2 Decembruary - A passing pirate trader ship trades a bionic leg to the compound in exchange for most of their broken power armor. Dei manages to not fuck up the installation.
Pictured: Medical Redemption for the compound's de facto head doctor.

5 Decembruary - Dirona throws a party. The cats get massively drunk. It is interrupted by a poison ship crash. Everything seems to be going according to plan, when suddenly Emrys steps in the line of fire and catches some stray shots by Terrik - with her head, requiring emergency treatment. Fortunately, she will recover fully.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also, side note, I've never played a Rimworld session that got up to 15 residents. Shit is cray-cray. Good thing I've got the food situation handled and 3 gourmet cooks (CeltZ, GasBandit, and shock and surprise - Terrik). In fact, in the fall, the food stores get so crammed I have to switch to cooking lavish meals.

Keeping everybody in clothing is also starting to be a full time job. Tinwhistler, thankfully, has a burning passion for crafting, so I've made him the new de facto camp tailor. He's been grinding on muffalo wool parkas, t-shirts and pants... and has already leveled up from 6 to 9 crafting. When he hits 11, I'll let him tackle the devilstrand.

Eriol and Dave work dawn to dusk on new armor. The power armor everybody's wearing is getting down into the 60s and 50s, and occasionally somebody decides they may as well switch back to armored vests instead. The thing is, Power Armor takes *forever* to manufacture even at capped skill... but that also means there's no better task to gain levels on (because crafting skill exp constantly rises while crafting, compared to say, cooking, which just gets an exp bump every time a meal is completed). Thus, Eriol's already gone from crafting 11 to 13, and Dave's hit 20. Which is the maximum amount.

Everybody else has a variety of tasks, though when medical stuff needs doing it's usually Dei or CeltZ who is patching people up, and Dei usually handles manufacturing more medkits as the need arises, and Terrik and Emrys are usually sculpting - travelling merchants eat that stuff up. Ashburner, as previously mentioned, is on full time cleaning duty, and even then it's hard to keep up and Null has to help him out frequently. Everybody else is usually busy every waking moment tending to the crops and livestock, repairing things that break, building new expansions, and hauling things from one place to another. Except Kags. She refuses to do any work not plant or animal related, and is often idle, which I think is part of why she drinks so much.

I let the cats stick around, instead of selling them off, because I thought they might actually help keep the pest population down in the compound (rats and squirrels love to chow down on Devilstrand, and that's NO GOOD). What I did not expect is that they'd do so to such a degree that I don't have to hunt meat any more. Most people, if their cat kills a squirrel or rat and brings it to them, they pet the cat and secretly throw out the dead thing. Us? We butcher it, store it, cook it into a fancy dish. So, anyway, it kind of works out that they're breeding like crazy, because they're frequently killed by local predators and hostile humans (as I've noted). I feel sorry for this one poor cat that got 3 legs bitten off by a megaspider, but Dei got to her in time to save her life with medical care. Now the poor cat just lives in the barn, unable to move with just her one remaining leg (it's one of the rear ones), waiting for someone to come and hand-feed her, so she can go back to sleep. The merchants won't buy her, and I can't bring myself to euthanize her - it hurts morale and whoever does the deed gets a social penalty with all the other colonists. The game also doesn't have prosthetics for animals. So, looks like the poor legless thing is just in it til she dies of old age, or possibly diabetes, I guess. Edit: Guess I found the next mod I am going to use.

Also, giant insect meat + hay = kibble for DAYS.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Halforums - Rimworld Edition

6 Decembruary, 5509 - After weeks of incarceration and rapport building (and being nursed through the plague), Dei finally convinces the second tribal to join the Colony. She's a strong warrior named ShegoKigo.

7 Dec - CeltZ performs surgery (thanks to my most recently found mod) on the poor legless cat to give it peg legs. Not the most graceful cat, but at least she can move on her own, right?

8 Dec - Another huge flock of man-hunting ostriches! Where do these things keep coming from? But these come through the front gates. There are some bites and scratches and an instance of friendly fire that hurts feelings more than anything else, but otherwise it is handled quickly. A boomalope is also killed in the crossfire.

13 Dec - It's been a quiet winter. The Kitchen is reconfigured to add a second stove, since there are many more mouths to feed now than when it was first designed.

1 Aprimay, 5510 - Happy new year! Here's a sapper raid. At least it was during daylight hours, this time. When the fight starts to turn sour for them, the pirates hit the defenders with a doomsday missile. Terrik is downed and loses a sixth toe. The peg-legged cat is killed. The east greenhouse burns down, taking a rice harvest, three batteries, a circuit breaker, and a geothermal generator with it. And to top it all off, six people come down with gutworms. Good thing we installed that second stove, people are gonna be eating a lot more.

3 Apr - Tensions are still high as recovery from the raid is slow and laborious. Emrys and Squidley get into a fight over a casual slight.

4 Apr - The emergency stores are infested AGAIN. A cat is eaten. A pig and dog are wounded. Most of the human wounds come from accidental friendly fire. A cooler is installed to try to chill the emergency storage room to -20C, hopefully that will freeze the bugs out.

6 Apr - Dave has a heart attack. Fortunately, he is right outside the infirmary when it happens, and Dei is already there working on making more medkits. He is saved.

7 Apr - Squidleybits proposes to Zero, but he isn't where she is in the relationship, apparently. This has a severe affect on their relationship, and Squidley's mood. Consequently, when Kags starts trading insults with her, Squidley goes ballistic and they have it out in the breezeway. Strangely, after the fight, they both seem to feel better about each other. Catharsis is a hell of a thing.

8 Apr - Tinwhistler installs a bionic jaw on one of the cats, whose jaw was wounded some time ago and prevented him from eating well.

9 Apr - Zero has had second thoughts, and proposes to Squidleybits. But she's still mad at him and rejects him. The writing is now on the wall, and GasBandit quietly lays out plans for a new bedroom for Zero for when he gets put on the curb.

GasBandit

Staff member
Halworld, RimForums Edition

12 Apr - Raid. Sappers. An early Doomsday Rocket launcher takes Shego and Doc out of the equation right away. Eriol's morale gives out and he flees. Terrik also goes down. Dave loses a toe, as does Shego. Doc's entire left leg is burned off. But the raid is turned back with most of the pirates dead.

14 Apr - for want of a better option, DocSeverin is fitted for a peg leg.

15 Apr - The frustration causes DocSeverin to have a mental break, and he sets a fire in the secondary storage room that causes 200 units of Chemfuel to explode. Fortunately nobody is hurt, and the fire is brought under control.

1 Jugust - Another malign psychic drone envelops the area. Zero tries to lighten the atmosphere by throwing a party. But it happens at 6 am, so a third of the population sleeps in and misses it.

3 Jugust - Several people come down with food poisoning from prepared meals purchased from a bulk goods tradeship. Lesson learned? Cook our own grub.

4 Jugust - Tinwhistler proposes to CeltZ, and she accepts. They are now engaged.

5 Jugust - A grizzly bear somehow walks brazenly into the compound and kills a cat. Eriol guns it down.

6 Jugust - Null tells Kags he wants a divorce. She is not happy about it. At all. Null moves into the room Gas was sure Zero'd end up in... but so far, Zero and Squidley seem to be toughing it out.

7 Jugust - the Rec Room/machine shop is expanded to make room for more workspace. Kags attempts to set fire to the kitchen in a fit of rage and frustration. Her efforts are thwarted by her fellows.

8 Jugust - The tribe from which Shego and Tinwhistler originated shows up in force for a raid. Shego's mother and brother are among the attackers. They time their attack so it happens just as a solar eclipse begins. Thank goodness for battery power. The tribals are mown down like grass, losing 19 warriors without even wounding a colonist, and Shego witnesses Dave gunning down her mother. She hates him with a passion, now.
Pictured: The raiding tribals as they arrive. Very few of them escape alive.

9 Jugust - Dave finishes crafting a legendary plasteel longsword for Tinwhistler, and names it "Victory." The artwork on the hilt depicts OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME... it depicts Terrik creating a masterwork sculpture.

10 Jugust - the number of turrets at the entrance is roughly doubled, to deal with the increasing numbers of enemies in the raids.

11 Jugust - A trader ship carrying exotic goods has a bionic leg for sale. It is purchased, and Tinwhistler installs it in place of DocSeverin's peg leg.

13 Jugust - the increased number of turrets is causing more power consumption than anticipated. More solar panels and wind turbines are installed.

14 Jugust - Eriol is diagnosed with cirrhosis. CeltZ and Tinwhistler hold their wedding in the kitchen, as it is raining outside. There is no irony.

1 Septober - On a construction job outside the wall, Eriol is attacked by a timberwolf. He dispatches it easily.

2 Sept - Ash, Gas, CeltZ, Emrys, and Terrik all come down with the flu. Zero and Squidley's relationship finally collapses, and she kicks him out. With all the cooks down with the sickness, the emergency rations are brought into circulation.

4 Sept - a cargo pod full of insect jelly crashes outside the walls. Shego goes to retrieve it, and then sits down and eats the whole thing herself.

5 Sept - The flu epidemic is cured, so cooked meals resume.

6 Sept - A poison ship section crashes square into the main courtyard. This is going to be a difficult fight, there are no turrets there. Sandbags are hastily constructed for cover, and a few turrets are moved as can be done before the toxins spread too far. The civilians are directed to hide in the kitchen, and then the shooting starts. The usual mixture of scythers and caterpillars emerge from the husk, two with napalm launchers. Fire gets tossed around liberally, and sets off some chemfuel explosions in secondary storage. Doc, Zero, and Dave sustain minor injuries, and CeltZ missed the part where she was supposed to stay out of danger and catches a flamethrower to the right side of her body. Various animals are caught in the crossfire, none fatally. Ashburner has his hands full for days cleaning up the mess.
Pictured: Ready... AIM...

1 Dec - after a quiet week, a group of mechanoids attack from the north. Rather than go through the chokepoint, they cut through a wall.... next to the choke point. I guess they're learning, but not very well. They're taken out with only minor injuries.

5 Dec - A cold snap moves in, but the community is ready for it, and the crops are harvested for the winter.

6 Dec - A 22 hour old kitten somehow gets into the beer supplies and drinks itself to death. Do we not put CAPS on these BOTTLES?!

8 Dec - Shego and Zero become lovers. Good luck, buddy.

9 Dec - Giant insect infestation in Tertiary storage. Well, I guess at least it isn't in the emergency food stores anymore. In the fight, Tinwhistler's right hand is cut off. Two cats are bitten to death. Two dogs are injured. Zero tries to install a bionic arm on Tinwhistler but bungles the job and breaks the arm. Good fucking job, Zero. That arm didn't cost $1500 or anything. You know how many potatoes we have to grow to get $1500?