What are you playing?

I did find ONE skyrim mod that forced my FPS down to 30 fps... it was the one in the following video that starts at 5:15. (The rest of the video is kinda NSFW)
*sings* The hiiiiills are alive!

But seriously, that just adds so much more colour to the game, it's not even funny. So tired of games filled with just black, brown, and/or grey.

GasBandit

Staff member
Nude mods, huh?
Not quite so blase as simple nude mods. Well, let me put it this way... I gave Lydia a bit of an overhaul, for one... Here's the new, improved Lydia:

Probably NSFW.

And there's more that stills won't convey. The custom walk, the "improved physics," etc.

I'm pretty sure I use that armor pack as well, which means we're probably also using the same body replacer (although I have yet to fiddle around with the improved physics, so I'm not sure how they work). Looks like you've also got Apachii Skyhair? I haven't tried that one yet either.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm pretty sure I use that armor pack as well, which means we're probably also using the same body replacer (although I have yet to fiddle around with the improved physics, so I'm not sure how they work). Looks like you've also got Apachii Skyhair? I haven't tried that one yet either.
Well, twist my arm why don't cha. I guess I'll just.... here's a list of the mods I'm using currently:

A Quality World Map - show all the roads on the map, eliminate clouds/fog
ApachiiSkyHair - more and more vibrant hairstyles, needed for a lot of other character mods
Caliente's Female Body Big Bottom Edition (/shame)
CHSBHC Body Physics mod (So boobs jiggle and butts wobble... /SHAME)
Cloak of lace for lady (the above cloak Lydia is wearing)
Cloaks of Skyrim (because.. cloaks)
Female Facial Animation 1.5 (makes them look less robotic and more natural when talking/reacting)
Female Running and Walking animation BBP (more feminine movements)
Feminine Females (a lot of the women in the game are set to use male animations because they're fighters and whatnot, this changes that back to female animations)
Fiona Armor for CBBE (It just looked good, and isn't salacious in any way actually)
Grass Field (see above video)
I Love Cleavage CBBE BBP armor mod (where Lydia's outfit comes from... also affects just about EVERY OTHER FEMALE IN THE GAME.. /SHAME**)
LydiaModv1 (Above Lydia retexture and fixes so she levels up properly, among other things)
Sexy Swimsuit and bikinis for CBBE (/SHAME***... though I haven't actually FOUND ANY YET in the game)
Shadows v1_0 (See above video)
SkyUI (Naturally)
Static Mesh Improvement Mod (Makes scenery/furniture/etc look tons better, increases polycount drastically)
Victoria's High Heel Walk Animation plus BBP - VHH walk v1_0c D-pack (catwalk strut at low speed, with jiggling. /SHAME****)

There, now you know.

If you want a decent house mod that'll fit quite well with the theme you're building here, look into the Bathing Beauties Luxury Suite. It also comes with a feature that allows you to see the skills of your followers, so you know how best to utilize them.

GasBandit

Staff member
If you want a decent house mod that'll fit quite well with the theme you're building here, look into the Bathing Beauties Luxury Suite. It also comes with a feature that allows you to see the skills of your followers, so you know how best to utilize them.
Yeah, I saw that on Skyrim Mods Weekly back when he covered it. I don't think I'll be going that far. I think I've settled in pretty nicely with what I've got, until I beat the game and start looking for added content mods.

GasBandit

Staff member
Shot a couple quick fraps videos to demonstrate the walking mods and "improved physics."

Steel armor doesn't really jiggle, but Stormcloak curiass sure does.

Wow, does youtube kill framerate.

Last edited:
I never could get into modding my own character's looks because you never actually see your character unless you play in third person. Almost all my mods tend to be gameplay or npc related.

GasBandit

Staff member
I never could get into modding my own character's looks because you never actually see your character unless you play in third person. Almost all my mods tend to be gameplay or npc related.
Ditto. My character is an unremarkable nord male. Lydia, however, is a custom-painted porcelain doll holding an industrial-strength can of whoop-ass.

newlydia-fiona.png

(that's the Fiona armor mod I referenced earlier)

So, seeing as I sold a bunch of cards on Steam, and it was on sale, I picked up FF XIV because it comes with a 30 day trial. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's way less grindy than the previous FF MMO, but it's still an MMO. I'm playing as a pugilist and I like the system they have in place for combat and having to switch stances. All in all, it's the best FF game since X.

I should try selling some of those card things, especially since I have a bunch of games, which can probably generate a few cards just by running them.

In Banner Saga Factions, I was down to my last guy vs my opponent's last three and came out on top. I should really start the single player at some point.

Inazuma Eleven: Got this because it looked like a fun Blitzball-esque game. Much like Blitzball, it throws you in without giving you much chance to learn the basics or practice. It's slow to start too. I'm an hour and a half in and I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing yet.

And now Level 5 releases another game today? Come on, guys, I'm trying to save money here.

Super Marios 3D World

Oh wait... was this the same game I said I was playing well over a month ago?
...yes.
I finished it and am just playing it again right?
...no.

Civilization V

Was in the mood to try this again. Been in the worst of moods the last few weeks and my sleeping schedule is all fucked up, so I didn't care about a time sink.

Anyway, turns out later in the game, there are to many things going on in the game for my computer to run smoothly. Just to accomplish anything, I had to switch the game's super simplistic icons and grid mode. So, uninstalled until I eventually get a decent gaming computer, which won't be any time soon.

I'm actually having more fun with FF XIV than the last time I re-upped my WoW account. I love the fact that the game uses a job system, so you don't even have to make an alt to switch classes.

I'm actually having more fun with FF XIV than the last time I re-upped my WoW account. I love the fact that the game uses a job system, so you don't even have to make an alt to switch classes.
FFXIV really is a solid, engaging MMO. The only reason I don't have a sub is I just can't commit to endgame/heroic dungeons, which for the most part are really challenging.

Stop it. I don't want to be interested in an MMO again.

Stop it. I don't want to be interested in an MMO again.
I hadn't planned on it, but the fact that it's dirt cheap on steam right now and the fact that I'm a fan of the series, I couldn't resist. It blows FF XI out of the water in terms of being a good MMO. It has an easy to dive into overaching world story, the dungeon finder works like it should and the classes are fun to play. It really does strike the balance between accessible and deep. Way more so that WoW, IMO.

GasBandit

Staff member
... April O'neil's medieval forefather.

Edit - oh man and I didn't even notice the cat ears. so, medieval cat-eared forefather.

Last edited:
Tried to start a True Vault Hunter Mode play through of Borderlands 2. All I do is die now.

Not much fun.
If you're still under lvl 35 and have the DLC, I would grind some of the more fun encounters (or just do the DLC) for gear.

EDIT: In Normal, I mean.

GasBandit

Staff member
Definitely do the DLC BEFORE TVHM. The DLC doesn't level up with you, so if you come back to do it at 50+ it'll be stupid easy and less fun.

I'm 65+ hrs into Kingdoms of Amalur.
So far I've completed:
Main storyline. 90% of Main side quests.
Dead Kel DLC Storyline. 90% of Dead Kel DLC side quests.

I'm almost ready to start up the final DLC and by the looks of it by the time I'm fully done with this game, it'll be 80+hrs. I haven't enjoyed an RPG this much since my SNES days. Holy hell.

Good haul this birthday:

Bioshock Infinite (which I'm much better at than I expected to be, making me think it must be pretty easy)
Borderlands
Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition
Dishonored GOTY Edition

That will probably last me a year or so.