What are you playing?

Man. You missed out.

And Deja Vu was really even the weakest of its NES bunch, IMO - Shadowgate being the best.
I tried playing the motorcycle point and click from Lucas Arts a couple years back. Just don't see the appeal.

Grab item, click the screen all over till you find out what it goes with, get a new item, go to a new screen, click everything with that new item, repeat.

GasBandit

Staff member
I tried playing the motorcycle point and click from Lucas Arts a couple years back. Just don't see the appeal.

Grab item, click the screen all over till you find out what it goes with, get a new item, go to a new screen, click everything with that new item, repeat.
Full Throttle would be a bit much to cut your teeth on for a newcomer to the genre.[DOUBLEPOST=1392362926,1392362893][/DOUBLEPOST]
Man, Shadowgate. That brings back memories.
It was hilarious how many people tried to play that game but couldn't get past finding the key behind the skull on the first screen.

GasBandit

Staff member
Every freakin thing in that game would kill you, Including a ladder. Running out of torches was the worst.
Nothing in my youth made me shit my pants more than the "your torch is going out" song.

FUCK! FUCK FUCK FUCK WHERE'S THE TORCHES CLICK IT FAST

Pfft, you think you had it tough with point and click puzzles? You never had to shoot a fish into your ear with the power of junk mail!

Only -Pirate- game I ever played was Uncharted Waters 1&2. Loved the hell out of those games though.
Loved these games as well. 1 was great, 2 is AWESOME. Want to go trading? Ali. Combat? Catherine. Complete experience? Joao.

Then they made the shitty online crap.... it was the TES experience before TES was a thing.

Wish I can find more games like this.

Even retro ones...

On local advice I started up Bioshock Infinite, or as I have come to know it "Wait, how long have I been playing?"

Also, I'm remembering how bad I am at first person shooters. Just...just really awful.

So, Bravely Default pretty much owns my soul. I just got the Valkyrie and Red Mage jobs, and am about to finish up the water temple area. The Knight with Spell Fencer as a secondary job is a great combo. I'll probably play through this one multiple times using different jobs, just like I did with the original FF.

I love the fact that you can lessen the grindier stuff by cranking up the encounter rate and level up right outside the gates of a city.

Reactions: Far
Cleared every level up to the end of World Flower (third set of bonus levels) on Mario 3D World. In order to open World Crown (the final set of bonus levels), I have to collect every star and stamp, plus land at the top of every flagpole of every level in the game.

I think I'll just say I've beaten the game at this point.

Going back to Shadowgate for a moment, I trust you guys were aware of this Kickstarter? I supported it and it looks like the game will be coming out relatively soon.

No, I didn't... though it gives me hope for a remake/release of Deja Vu 1 & 2.
That's what I'm really hoping for, since I'm more a fan of Deja Vu than I am of Shadowgate or The Uninvited. Luckily, if they do well enough with this, they've got a solid engine now to make other remakes or even new games. I assume, anyway, that they wouldn't need to make each game from the ground up. That would be silly.

@dill616 got me Diablo 3 for Valentine's day, but gave it to me last saturday (feb 8th) instead. It was a good thing since we got iced in and didn't leave the house for about 4 days last week. We spent most of it playing co-op. It's a ton of fun.

So I went back and checked out Cookie Clicker again. They have a few updates!

12,073,712,818,685,470,000 cookies baked and counting!

Through magic and thumbs, we got my 3DS working again! So, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter 3, Pokemon Y, Kid Icarus Uprising, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Super Mario 3D Land, Mii Force--everyone gets attention!

Wow... it sounds like he's really fucking over most of his team so he can take the best to do stuff that isn't Bioshock related.

I mean, that's fine... but it's going to be hard to find comparable work in the industry after being left behind like that.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've been modding the hell out of Skyrim, something I couldn't do on my old machine because of the memory constraints of XP. It's pretty awesome.

I've been modding the hell out of Skyrim, something I couldn't do on my old machine because of the memory constraints of XP. It's pretty awesome.
How have you been enjoying your new rig, overall, by the way? Aside from being able to mod Skyrim like a madman (which sounds like fun), what other things have been different with your gaming?

GasBandit

Staff member
How have you been enjoying your new rig, overall, by the way? Aside from being able to mod Skyrim like a madman (which sounds like fun), what other things have been different with your gaming?
Never ever getting under 60 fps no matter how high I set my settings is pretty cool (and only that low because I use VSync on everything). But really the newest game I have been running on it is MWO, which granted looks gorgeous (or did before the last patch broke the graphics settings) because it uses the Crytek engine. Apart from that, I've been playing a lot of minecraft, some TF2, some Path of Exile, some Kerbal Space Program, and now Skyrim.

Until I put in a conventional hard drive, which I just did last weekend, I'd been reluctant to load too much on my main drive (which is a 128 gig SSD), because it fills up fast and I don't want to wear out the bits in the flash memory with a lot of rewrites. But I tell you, no matter what I do it's smooth as hell on max settings and I couldn't ask for more. Pretty good for a $900 system. And now that I've got the second hard drive in, I'm starting to re-download my steam library and we'll see what happens.[DOUBLEPOST=1392765857,1392765594][/DOUBLEPOST]I did find ONE skyrim mod that forced my FPS down to 30 fps... it was the one in the following video that starts at 5:15. (The rest of the video is kinda NSFW)

Last edited: