Weird weather

Seems I'm past the worst of it, here. A couple more nights of sub-32 temps, but should be back up into the 70s during the day by thursday.
Only issue out of the whole freeze we had was the Husky’s outside water bowl froze solid. Next door neighbor didn’t set his endless water heater to freeze mode so it wouldn’t freeze. He had two pipes split, but at least only a quick fix.

I have been without running water for two days. Too many people out here in the woods left for Christmas without draining their homes. I live near a major lake with summer homes. So the water company can't keep the pressure up, so they just shut everything down.

"We haven't had any significant snow in Halifax, in fact less than two centimetres for the whole month," Abraham said in an interview Friday. "It's quite remarkable since the normal December snowfall for Halifax is around 45 centimetres."

On the surface, it might be a nice thing not to have to deal with snow, but I'm concerned for the effect it'll have in the long term. Tick season, for example, will be worse than ever if the snow doesn't properly cull their numbers as it usually does.

Dave

Staff member
Our weather calls for 4-14 inches of snow tomorrow starting in the morning. So glad I’m not working.

Aside from some barely light dustings, this is the first major snowfall we're seeing this season. It's been a warmer than usual winter.

As a winter hater, that's good.
As someone concerned about climate change, that's scary.

Do your kids spend too much time on their computers?
Does your spouse ignore you in favour of a screen?
Does your boss expect you to be always available via email and Zoom?
Nova Scotia Power's got your back!

(Power's out. Possibly til tomorrow.)
We don't have a single emoji to say "That's funny!" and "That sucks, I'm sorry" at the same time. But if we did, that's what I would click for you.

Speaking of the emojis, and to bring up something that really doesn't matter at all, can we separate the brofist and hug? I feel like they look way too similar and are way too close while having very opposite intents and there have definitely been a few times I've initially hit one when I meant the other

Do your kids spend too much time on their computers?
Does your spouse ignore you in favour of a screen?
Does your boss expect you to be always available via email and Zoom?
Nova Scotia Power's got your back!

(Power's out. Possibly til tomorrow.)

Aaaand, we're back. At least for now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Speaking of the emojis, and to bring up something that really doesn't matter at all, can we separate the brofist and hug? I feel like they look way too similar and are way too close while having very opposite intents and there have definitely been a few times I've initially hit one when I meant the other
Really? Maybe it's just the theme I'm using but they look completely different to me... I'll see what I can do about changing their order at least.

edit - there, I moved "brofist" to the other side of "angry" so it is separated from "hug"

Really? Maybe it's just the theme I'm using but they look completely different to me... I'll see what I can do about changing their order at least.

edit - there, I moved "brofist" to the other side of "angry" so it is separated from "hug"
The looks like was much less an issue than just their proximity to one another, on the theme I use hug has a white square on a dark background that set it apart enough really, and it was easily corrected once I made the error, but there had been a few times where I hit brofist on a hug post and felt like a giant ass when I realized. A minor inconvenience but thanks none the less!