Weird graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

I use Firefox and I was, Ill be honest, playing one of those stupid Facebook games. Suddenly as I scrolled the image got really grainy and I could see my desktop wallpaper through it. It was like the internet window was crumbly and see through. Now the same thing is happening to vlc while I watch movies and there are a bunch of little white blips all over. Any idea what is causing that? My graphics card is less than a year old.

Dave

Staff member
First thing I'd do is check your graphic drivers. Even though the card is fairly new a lot of the times the drivers they package with the hardware are woefully out of date.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Also, a new version of Flash is out. Be sure you update your flash.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Also, a new version of Flash is out. Be sure you update your flash.

D

Dusty668

Maybe there's a new version of flash out, should they chaeck that?

Sounds more like video RAM. If the spots move around with the window when you move it, then it's likely software. If they stay in the same spot, then it's probably hardware.

--Patrick

M

makare

Well I tried to reinstall my drivers and i think i really yotzed the whole thing.

Now it says it can't find an INF file.
I don't know what to do.

I have a Radeon HD 4800 and I have xp media center addition. I went to the site and reinstalled drivers but now that inf thing is showing up. I dont know what to do.

You could do a system restore back to before you were having troubles, or at least to when you tried updating drivers. It should have made a restore point when you changed drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.