[Question] Weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LLL

long time listener, first time caller

before the last couple months or so, I had only smoked weed MAYBE twice a year, if that. it was only if it were around at parties and I was already kind of drunk. it could have been less potent stuff or just me not doing it correctly, but it was always nice, but not really a huge effect.

HOWEVER the last couple months a certain friend that always has some with him has seemed to be at get-togethers and parties that I'm at. and for whatever reason, now it clicks. and is amazing. I feel like some late, post-college sudden blossoming pothead now. but I'm kind of conflicted about it.

I can probably afford it, but I don't really have a connect or know how to find weed where I live. now, I live in a normal-sized city in the USA, so it shouldn't be too hard. but as I said, the only person I know with it is this acquaintance who kind of isn't around often and I'd feel awkward just asking for a weed hookup.

my job only drug tests before employment, and I've been there for a long time and never seen anyone drug tested. but it's still a paranoid concern with the whole "marijuana is illegal" thing.

I don't know what my question is, but I just was getting conflicted the past couple weeks about wanting to get my own weed/pipe/whatever to start transitioning "having a beer after work" to "smoking a joint after work". same with party type situations- I'm getting to where I'd rather be high than drunk.

there's no sort of...online thing or something that I would trust enough to buy weed from a stranger, so I guess I would have to bite the social awkwardness and try to get some kind of hookup from that acquaintance. I guess I ask: what's a reasonable price? I have really no clue what normal amounts or whatever are or where to start. I know the guy has just like, a pipe, a grinder, and a lighter. Is that really all you need for paraphanalia? I also live in an apartment, and don't exactly have nosy neighbors, but I wouldn't want my apartment to reek of pot either. I don't have any sort of private outside place I could smoke, so I guess I would have to open a window/turn on a fan or something? or other people did incense and all to mask it, right? to get around the smell thing, I could make weed butter to put on popcorn maybe. I'm a little leery of edibles though since it stays in your system so long and the effects could also last really long.

so, um, that's that.

ElJuski

Staff member
this sounds way more like black cat or mav or somebody like that. Or that one scene from the second season of Breaking Bad.

Honestly, with weed, I don't care. If you want to smell like burnt grass, laze around all day and eat Fritos, knock yourself out. It's your body.

my job only drug tests before employment, and I've been there for a long time and never seen anyone drug tested.
Just remember that when you're fired and can't get a new job. Drug tests aren't random - they're too expensive to cast around with no cause. There are signs enough.

You'd probably get better answers from r/trees

Amounts:
Dimebag - little baggie of weed that is $10 (hence dime)
Eighth, fourth - fractions of an ounce.
Ounce
For reference, an eighth is generally enough weed for ~6 joints (of course, this varies depending on how thick you roll)

Prices:
http://www.priceofweed.com/
I have no idea how legit this is, but it doesn't seem unreasonable.

Paraphernalia:
One hitter - discreet and efficient.
Vaporizer - expensive, but no smoke so it's easier on the lungs and odorless.
Zoob tube - take a paper tube and stuff it with dryer sheets. Exhale through it to neutralize the majority of the smell.

I see no harm with weed smoking. However, I can't answer you questions. My weed comes from..a source that is close to me. Family close.

Just don't get to into it, okay? I have some friends that prefer it over alchol and do it maybe twice a week..and other friends that are so heevey into it that I don't think they'll ever come out.

Tread carefully.

BananaHands

Staff member
Personally I feel that smoking causes a lot less harm than drinking, so do it maaan.

As for needing a connection, if your friend always has it just keep hanging out around that guy and get to know his friends?

ElJuski

Staff member
whatever you do, be as meticulous as you can about finding information about it all. You don't want to come off seeming unnatural and weird, like you just learned a bunch of pot etiquette from a forum message board or anything.

whatever you do, be as meticulous as you can about finding information about it all. You don't want to come off seeming unnatural and weird, like you just learned a bunch of pot etiquette from a forum message board or anything.
*goes to see drug dealer*

*whips out iPad containing graphs and cost benefit analyses and comparisons of volumes of various ziploc bag brands and sizes*

*is shot*

ElJuski

Staff member
yeah, but that would be a reasonable solution that kept money out of drug dealers and ne'er do wells.

Plus regulated pot would be all like, watered down and shit

long time listener, first time caller

before the last couple months or so, I had only smoked weed MAYBE twice a year, if that. it was only if it were around at parties and I was already kind of drunk. it could have been less potent stuff or just me not doing it correctly, but it was always nice, but not really a huge effect.

HOWEVER the last couple months a certain friend that always has some with him has seemed to be at get-togethers and parties that I'm at. and for whatever reason, now it clicks. and is amazing. I feel like some late, post-college sudden blossoming pothead now. but I'm kind of conflicted about it.

I can probably afford it, but I don't really have a connect or know how to find weed where I live. now, I live in a normal-sized city in the USA, so it shouldn't be too hard. but as I said, the only person I know with it is this acquaintance who kind of isn't around often and I'd feel awkward just asking for a weed hookup.

my job only drug tests before employment, and I've been there for a long time and never seen anyone drug tested. but it's still a paranoid concern with the whole "marijuana is illegal" thing.

I don't know what my question is, but I just was getting conflicted the past couple weeks about wanting to get my own weed/pipe/whatever to start transitioning "having a beer after work" to "smoking a joint after work". same with party type situations- I'm getting to where I'd rather be high than drunk.

there's no sort of...online thing or something that I would trust enough to buy weed from a stranger, so I guess I would have to bite the social awkwardness and try to get some kind of hookup from that acquaintance. I guess I ask: what's a reasonable price? I have really no clue what normal amounts or whatever are or where to start. I know the guy has just like, a pipe, a grinder, and a lighter. Is that really all you need for paraphanalia? I also live in an apartment, and don't exactly have nosy neighbors, but I wouldn't want my apartment to reek of pot either. I don't have any sort of private outside place I could smoke, so I guess I would have to open a window/turn on a fan or something? or other people did incense and all to mask it, right? to get around the smell thing, I could make weed butter to put on popcorn maybe. I'm a little leery of edibles though since it stays in your system so long and the effects could also last really long.

so, um, that's that.

You were high when you wrote this... Weren't you?
Added at: 09:18
Just remember that when you're fired and can't get a new job. Drug tests aren't random - they're too expensive to cast around with no cause. There are signs enough.

My job does annual "health screens" that involve a urine test along with the cholesterol blood test. Gee guys don't be too discreet about it or anything...

doomdragon6

Staff member
...Doomdragon?
So out of my ego's curiosity I searched my name on the forums to see where I may have ever been mentioned and came on this.

You really thought this was me, Jay? XD I don't drink beer much at all, and I've never even touched pot.

Interesting you think that though, so very interesting to me.

/old thread

Okay this may sound racist but, DO NOT buy from white trash dealers. They are the most unprofessional pieces of shit that have existed on this Earth. One of them even switched my friends normal stuff with stuff laced with PCP . Gave him a bad trip. Basically find a dealer who dresses and acts normally, but no matter what if they ask to smoke it with you don't buy from them again. Most people want it legal for medical reasons, I want it legal for professional reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.