[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

None, but I understand why( WAY too over protective). Though if I were the Doc, I'd stick with it. By magic rules, there's like a FUCK ton of immunities you get from a hidden name.

Gunnerkrigg Court: oookay, this arc is going to be slow and painful, I see. We've known Antimony's father was an asshole for years, but I think this is the first time we're getting to see it.

Bad Scary go Bobbins
...did...did they just kill of "The Boy"? And is he trapped in some ethereal computer network like in that scary Newshouns spin-off that know one reads?!Man, first he loses and/or got dumped by Esther, now this!

Bad Scary go Bobbins
...did...did they just kill of "The Boy"? And is he trapped in some ethereal computer network like in that scary Newshouns spin-off that know one reads?!Man, first he loses and/or got dumped by Esther, now this!
Well, it's not like being dead ever stopped some of the other characters...

Well, it's not like being dead ever stopped some of the other characters...
Heh true, either
he'll be resurrected like Shelly or get a cool ghost job like Natalie or Erin.
Lets just hope it doesn't spin-off into a side comic that half-way through gets a different artists and makes a MASSIVE tone-shift from its predecessor, only to be followed by the original comic updating not as often as it used to and having a scary dog rapist Republican. My point is, Newshounds got creepy.

Scary go Machinery

Well...
...Eustace is a ghost horse now....okay.

And for those of you not who didn't know or didn't care, Trenches is back! I can't wait for the storyline where Gwen is found out to be the person who stole from their game company and is revealed to be a synthoid replicant of the real Gwen from PvP.

GasBandit

Staff member
Arglbarglin' Imgur. Fixed.

Remember when you were SUPPOSED to rehost comics you link in a forum instead of hotlink them? It was just good netiquette. Now everybody's all frickin' "takedown this" and "DMCA that" and guess it's back to frickin' hotlinking images again and your pwecious bandwidth can stick a cactus up its ass.

Last edited:
Gunnerkrigg Court: oookay, this arc is going to be slow and painful, I see. We've known Antimony's father was an asshole for years, but I think this is the first time we're getting to see it.
What is beyond a-hole? Because her dad has gone there.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah. I didn't know/remember she was cheating off Kat for certain subjects, but her position with the forest may become crucial to the Court's survival. He's not only an asshole, he's a stupid asshole.
It makes me suspect there's something larger at work here. I doubt even her father could force her out of her forest gig without the backing of at least most of the upper court hierarchy. Unless the writing is just getting bad. But for this to be dropped right at the beginning of a chapter, you know there's got to be more to it than meets the eye.

Zappit

Staff member
I doubt the writing on Gunnerkrigg would just suddenly get bad. This is a buildup to something else, and the Court is getting Antimony away from whatever is going to happen.

The "sneaking out to party" chapter was so bad I stopped reading for months.
I think all you missed was a robotic ship trying to become an organism through Kat, and a forest rabbit's soul being brought to the Court to become a student (one of Antimony's duties as medium).

The ship arc was pretty cool.[DOUBLEPOST=1428245048,1428244689][/DOUBLEPOST]Scratch that--the party was longer ago than I thought. Chapter 34 was the party, and we're on Chapter 51. There was a lot, actually.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think all you missed was a robotic ship trying to become an organism through Kat, and a forest rabbit's soul being brought to the Court to become a student (one of Antimony's duties as medium).

The ship arc was pretty cool.[DOUBLEPOST=1428245048,1428244689][/DOUBLEPOST]Scratch that--the party was longer ago than I thought. Chapter 34 was the party, and we're on Chapter 51. There was a lot, actually.
Oh, I got caught up when I started reading again. It was mostly the teenage angst nonsense between the B- and C-roll characters, as well as the Jack dipshittery, that did the trick.

Necronic

Staff member
The father really does seem to be a monster.

Also, I do actually like Table Titans, I really do. But their catchphrase? "Titans Never Say Die!". That makes no sense. Die, in that context, is a command. As in something you would tell someone right before you kill them. I know what the point is. And I know it's a goonies reference. But it didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now.

GasBandit

Staff member
The father really does seem to be a monster.
Actually, I'm surprised a senior member of the court didn't make this move a lot earlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1428434179,1428434000][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, I do actually like Table Titans, I really do. But their catchphrase? "Titans Never Say Die!". That makes no sense. Die, in that context, is a command. As in something you would tell someone right before you kill them. I know what the point is. And I know it's a goonies reference. But it didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now.
Actually, in that context, it's not a command, it means never give up/lose heart/admit defeat. The phrase, supposedly, is supposed to be a direct response to the phrase "We're all going to die!" "NEVER SAY DIE!"

While I don't doubt that is actually Annie's father, I think this is some kind of test. He's pushing her to stand up to him. Possibly to display some fiery tendencies.

Me before today's comic: Well, maybe he's just treating her the same as all his students

Me after today's comic: DIE IN FIFTEEN FIRES ANNIE'S DAD! Holy shit you're a bad dad.