[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

Why does it seem the entire internet take VGcats WAY too seriously? Sometimes a gag comic is just a gag comic. The majority of people who criticize it seem to just have the most sensitive of stomachs, have they never seen a proper dark or gross-out comedy before? I've seen shit on Newgrounds WAY more dark and fucked up than this, let's hope they don't discover "Retarded Animal Babies" or they'd die of a heart attack.
Did I miss something? People losing their shit about the newest vgcats?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Did I miss something? People losing their shit about the newest vgcats?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Not the latest strip but the comic in general. A majority of the web-comic review sites I've read have all given it a negative review, mostly because the humor is either vulgar or dark. I find this criticism pointless, as that was its freaking intention. What I can pretty much translate from it, is that they personally don't really like gross-out or dark humor. That's fine, but they seem to ignore the possiblity that others do and maybe its just not for them. I see this complaint with a myriad of gag comics out there, and it never stops sounding petty to me...is petty the right word? Fleh whatever . But even weirder, they even think that Scott Ramsoomair condones the atrocitous things that would happen in this comic at times, com-PLETE-ly forgetting that what they are reading is a freaking gag comic where nothing that happens is real. And sometimes they do a lot of furry bashing, which is just pointless.

GasBandit

Staff member
JL8 finally updated again, and I'm smacking myself in the head for not having seen this coming. It should have been so obvious.

I was kinda hoping for a young Kilowog, but seeing as how he was a trainer in the comics it makes sense...but dammit I still wanna see Chibi-Kilowog.

figmentPez

Staff member
JL8 finally updated again, and I'm smacking myself in the head for not having seen this coming. It should have been so obvious.
I guess I don't know enough about Kilowog to know why it would be obvious. I was rooting for this to be a Shaggy Man storyline right up to that reveal.

GasBandit

Staff member
I guess I don't know enough about Kilowog to know why it would be obvious. I was rooting for this to be a Shaggy Man storyline right up to that reveal.
He's featured fairly prominently and his absence from the lanterns in this treatment should have started ringing bells as soon as they went looking for a "bigfoot." If I had been thinking straight, I would have realized that the "bigfoot" they would find would be Kilowog.

He's featured fairly prominently and his absence from the lanterns in this treatment should have started ringing bells as soon as they went looking for a "bigfoot." If I had been thinking straight, I would have realized that the "bigfoot" they would find would be Kilowog.
Personally, I figured on Grundy for awhile.

The latest story is feeling WAY more Scarygoround than Bobbins. Fleh, what's a name I guess.
Hard for it not to be, considering it deals with stuff Scarygoround left hanging...

The way he goes around tying stuff up years later has always been a plus in my eyes...

Not a Villain , is better than I expected. Usually I avoid virtual reality comics, as there's like A MILLION of them, and most of them are the same. However the post-apocalyptic angle really works for it especially how we're never shown the real world only the virtual one. And finally, I love how they explain the lackluster artwork...as bad graphics. That is genius.

I like the undercut for the most part - or at least, it stands out, and it certainly doesn't hurt the appearance of an already attractive woman. Other people don't like it, and that's fine.