[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

And it feels like just yesterday everybody on the TV Tropes board for GC were talking about what a cute couple Annie and Jack would make.
Really? Because I thought it made absolutely no sense. Especially considering Annie is probably still dealing with the whole "If you fall in love and have a child, you will die.' thing. I see her coming to terms with her dad long before she ever does any serious romantic stuff.

figmentPez

Staff member
Heather always does things without consulting cooler heads.
That characterization of her makes sense when things are happening quickly, when she doesn't know who to consult, or when she doesn't listen to the advice she's given, but only the last can apply in this situation. She's a comic book nerd, she should know not to trust villains 100%. She had to spend enough time to find the statue she bought. She has real superhero friend connections now. It just does not make sense, to me, for her to have kept this completely to herself.

I know exactly what you mean. Even after years, my favourite strip and line is the same as Tycho's.
Very very few webcomics have that affect on me. Granted I find them entertaining or amusing to the point I may smile or share them, but laugh out loud? Off the top of my head only Penny-Arcade, thepunchlineismachismo, and Hark! A Vagrant have ever made me just laugh out loud to the point I get attention drawn to me from either work or my cats at home.

Seriously, laughed hard at that one.

Dave

Staff member
I love his line about burning books. It's kinda what I always say. "I don't condone spousal/child abuse, but I understand it!!"

http://qwantz.com

alt text: You wake up in a world where every vehicle can be hotwired easily, nobody locks their doors, and you know how to drive standard. Press X to steal a car; press Y to gather up the few toys you've made each evening after work that you're proudest of, put on your best suit, and visit the bank to plead for a starter loan

I just can't get into it. I dunno what it is. It's kind of like how I can't stand Achewood when so many other people think it's fantastic.