[Question] Web Tools

Heey guys.
Haven't been around in a little while...not that anyone noticed.

ANYWAY, I'm working for a small computer consulting / repair shop. My boss wants me to update the company website, but I haven't done any web design or programming in a number of years. Question:
What are some good, easy to learn/use web design tools out there???
I have access to Adobe products for the time being, some other editors, but I'm just wondering what the popular ones are out there.

And GO!

I'm redesigning our company website right now, even though I have no design experience, and I'm using Squarespace for both the hosting and design. It seems really easy to me, but I'm just modifying one of their templates (they have what seems like thousands to choose from). I don't know any of the scratch web tools like CSS or Drupal, but my understanding is that they support scratch design too, if that's your thing. It's reasonably priced, too.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I do all my web design in a text editor, which won't fit your needs. Since you have adobe, though, just use that. It's a fine way to develop a website. You'll probably want to avoid flash and make sure it only uses html5 for active elements, that way it'll work well on mobile devices. Other than that, just go for it.

Dave

Staff member
I'm looking at Squarespace right now as well. I'm just wondering if you can do more complex stuff with it or if it's only plug & play.

I used it for a while on my personal page. You have a surprising amount of flexibility. You can add html to the header, and use that to load custom css and javascript files. You can also edit pages and posts in html, so there's that as well.