VR Adventures

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,568 713 10
Gorn seems like it might be fun.

[DOUBLEPOST=1495748336,1495748236][/DOUBLEPOST]
GOOOORN! Mother fucking GOOOORN! I got this this weekend and holy fucking shit is this game fun! It's currently at the top of the games list for my favorite. Steam says I've only played it 3 hours but that's only because I've had to play it where I wasn't logged in to Steam and was in offline mode. If you have a Vive, get this game!

Oh, and the wireless TPCast has started taking preorders for the US. But they've raised the price to $300. Damn it.

Reactions
134 23 0
Yeah Gorn is fun. We need to get together and play ST:BC it's down to 25 bucks right now! Or if that's not possible, some Pulsar: Lost Colony (Same type of game but you can move around the ship, upgrade your ship, and beam down and move around planets but the visuals aren't as great)!

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
4,438 1,016 19
I should probably be bumping this thread instead of spamming "what are you playing." Sooo...

Sopwith VR is a cute little free timewaster you can get on steam. It is just what it says on the tin... the old DOS game Sopwith, remade into a simple VR simulation.

It starts off good enough, but the longer you play the game, the lower the framerate gets. By the time I finished, I had gone from 90 to 14.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
4,438 1,016 19
Robo Recall comes free with the oculus touch bundle. It's a fun shoot em up, though I wish it didn't rely entirely on teleport to move. Also it frustrates me to no end that no matter how awesome I think I have done at a level, Terrik has apparently done it 10% better than me.

Reactions
4,438 1,016 19
The new Bigscreen update uses new drivers for audio streaming that only work with windows 10, so those of us on windows 7 can no longer host movie nights and stuff in BigScreen.

Welp.

Reactions
4,438 1,016 19
Gorn has apparently had a big update, and I'm digging the new fight progression structure. It's a much more straightforward method, and makes it a lot simpler to unlock the weapons you want.

Reactions
4,438 1,016 19
I think my favorite weapon is the claws.

They may not be the most powerful weapon in the game, but the 90s wolverine fanboy I was in my teens gets a MASSIVE MURDERBONER when I run around clawing out hearts and heads.

SNIK SNIKT, BUB