Video Game News and Miscellany

GasBandit

Staff member
While I agree, where was this butthurtedness when, say, Project Winter came out?

I suspect they are only cranky now because the perpetrator has deep pockets.

Skyrim, GTA V,....
Since graphics can't "improve" fast enough to force upgrades anymore, it seems making new installments in some franchises isn't considered worthwhile anymore, customers keep just rebuying varieties of the last one.

It's worth remembering that at the last QuakeCon, they basically showed a hastily thrown together video for Elder Scrolls 6 just to confirm that yes, they were working on it... only to comment months later that it wouldn't be ready until well after Starfield, which itself was years away. They were relying on Fallout 76 to keep people busy until then but it was a disaster for almost an entire year before it was even remotely what was promised.

While I agree, where was this butthurtedness when, say, Project Winter came out?
I suspect they are only cranky now because the perpetrator has deep pockets.
I think it's more because Fortnite has a long history of serial plagiarism in order to maintain its popularity.

--Patrick

I mean, to be fair, the later Saints Row games weren't too dissimilar to this tone and aesthetic. But yeah, that's the first vibe I got from it.
It is pretty similar to agents of mayhem, which failed and nearly sank the company.

Oh wait, it did sink the company. And the current company that is wearing their face is just an investment firm that bought the name... it's all coming back to me now.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this game will be shit.

figmentPez

Staff member
More info on the Saints Row reboot

EDIT: Set in the fictional southwest city of Santo Ileso, slogan "Keep it Strange" (uh, Austin inspired?)

There's really not much to say besides that. It's a new cast of Saints, new city, new rival gangs, but other than that it seems to be very similar to Saints Row the Third. Unrealistic technology, over-the-top gang styles, not as grim-n-gritty as SR2. If the gameplay is actually good, I'll love it, even more because it's going to piss off people who think SR2 was the best game in the series.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
At the very least, I grinned at the Mariachi rendition of the Saints Row 3 theme. That dubstep abomination version of it in 4 was pretty much the only negative about 4.

More info on the Saints Row reboot

EDIT: Set in the fictional southwest city of Santo Ileso, slogan "Keep it Strange" (uh, Austin inspired?)

There's really not much to say besides that. It's a new cast of Saints, new city, new rival gangs, but other than that it seems to be very similar to Saints Row the Third. Unrealistic technology, over-the-top gang styles, not as grim-n-gritty as SR2. If the gameplay is actually good, I'll love it, even more because it's going to piss off people who think SR2 was the best game in the series.
Aww, the Boss isn't voiced by Laura Bailey any more? :(