Video Game News and Miscellany

3 is mostly fine until the last bit and that ultimately none of the choices you make mattering more than a meter filled. Maurader Shields was the true hero, trying to save you from the end.

Literally every choice I made in 1 and 2 meant nothing, and were overridden in some way if they were not "the right choice." Again, would not have bothered me if I wasn't promised that my choices mattered.

Having played ME1 and 2, but having taken a pass on 3 once I saw the reviews and saw how little the choices made mattered... I would like to replay the first two with the updated graphics (specifically ME1, ME2's probably aren't as much of an update) and probably would only play through most of 3 - just not the ending.

Also, I never purchased the DLCs - only got the free stuff, so being able to play 99% of the DLCs (minus the one that didn't really matter anyway) would be nice too.

The Activisioning of Blizzard continues.
Well, I mean. There's nothing left of Blizzard North anyway, but it's still sad. We'll see how much they butcher D4 or SC3, I guess, if or when.

Also... Didn't we already have EA try to turn every possible IP into the same mush? And Ubisoft too? Why do all these games companies have management that thinks they need to make everything the same?
Yes, there are crossovers and models evolve, but a car brand that decides their small city cars, their SUVs, their 4x4s, their coupes, their sedans, and their vans all have to have the exact same features and all be as alike as possible won't survive long.

The Activisioning of Blizzard continues.
Well, I mean. There's nothing left of Blizzard North anyway, but it's still sad. We'll see how much they butcher D4 or SC3, I guess, if or when.
They aren't even going to have D4 or Overwatch 2 done for this year. I'm not sure what they expect to sell when Shadowlands isn't exactly doing hot ether.

Blizzard is still safely deleted on my pc. A little sad about the money I spent on Diablo and Overwatch, but nothing is gonna tempt me on forking out money again and thus suppoert Activision. Vote with your wallet.

As a follow-up for the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, I found this YouTube video where the person took screenshots of the Legendary edition trailer and compared them to the original trailer shots from the various games to show the differences:

Holy crap, Blizzard.
To celebrate 25 years ,we got some FREE goodies in all your games.
To celebrate 30 years, you're.....offering some limited-time packs for sale? And you can't pick and choose what games to buy for? And it's all cosmetic? And the most expensive one is flippin' €60?! That's....I mean, holy cow - I wouldn't even take one of these packs if they were €5!

1612885231361.png

This Epic Pack might just be the biggest waste of money they've ever released.
it's also a HUGE slap in the face for us old-timey Blizzard fans, frankly.

Can't wait to see how deep the rabbit hole goes on the fuck up that was Cyberpunk. With the leak of the internal documentation, the people suing the company will have full details on just how much the company knew and when.

Skyward Sword is finally getting the no motion controls remaster I have been dying for. I am excite. (Motion controls will still exist, and maybe they will be nicer on the Switch than they were on the Wii, but I rage quit that game due to the finickiness and never finished it)

figmentPez

Staff member
Diablo 2 is getting a 3D remaster.

" Beneath the new graphics, which support 4K and high refresh rates like 144 Hz, this is almost exactly the same Diablo 2 it's always been. You can flip back and forth to the old graphics at will, and underneath its new 3D engine Diablo 2: Resurrected runs on the the old game's code. "

It'll be $40, and have some optional quality of life improvements.

EDIT: trailer