Video Game News and Miscellany

Was scanning through the Xbox games presentation. Some cool shit in there, like an Obsidian FPRPG that takes place in the Pillars of Eternity world, some new Outer Worlds story DLCs, Psychonauts 2 with music by Jack Black, STALKER 2, a 40K game which I THINK might be the 40K version of Vermintide (with a name like Darktide, probably), a new Fable game which I hope is all hype and lies for the next 5 years for the real Fable experience, and a chat of screaming idiots mad about no Rust being shown and that all the games apparently look like Xbox 360 games.

Shot in the dark says that those 4 IG goons in the trailer for Darktide aren't the game's protagonists because key art shows 4 distinct characters.

1595536765918.png

A Necromunda looking Pyro guy, an Ogryn, an IG trooper and a sniper.

Promethium thrower guy has a Servo-Skull too, so I'm guessing Pyro guy is Adeptus Mechanicus and Sniper guy is probably a Vindicare Assassin.

I am so pumped for Darktide. Vermintide 40k is what I wanted all along.
Spacehulk: Deathwing wasn't too bad but it definetely felt a bit... off.

I think the real issue is that you can't do this sort of team based game with Space Marines without needing REALLY big and strong enemies constantly.

figmentPez

Staff member
Oooh! A lightgun that works with modern displays...

$100 ... Too rich for my budget. Especially when the model with recoil comes in at $160. But still damn cool.

Oooh! A lightgun that works with modern displays...

$100 ... Too rich for my budget. Especially when the model with recoil comes in at $160. But still damn cool.
If you're willing to do a little bit of DIY you can create something similar to this for really cheap just by jury-rigging a wiimote. I used to have a wiimote set up for pc use for dolphin emulation, and one of the biggest benefits of that was allowing it to be used as a light gun (or flying mouse)

GasBandit

Staff member

Welp, there goes the games industry.
For the folks who don't follow, Tencent has stakes in:
League of Legends (owns developer Riot Games outright)
Arma (Majority stake)
Day Z (Majority stake)
Path of Exile (80% ownership)
Clash of Clans (84%)
PUBG (11%)
And a 40% stake in Epic, and 5% in Ubisoft, Activision, and Paradox.

So. Yeah.

I imagine if I played any of those games I might be nervous about losing access to them or to features in those games. But I don't, so right now I'm just watching things go down, popcorn in hand.

Though the prospect of there being no more ARMA or PUBG Bullshitteries in the future does make me a bit sad.

For the folks who don't follow, Tencent has stakes in:
League of Legends (owns developer Riot Games outright)
Arma (Majority stake)
Day Z (Majority stake)
Path of Exile (80% ownership)
Clash of Clans (84%)
PUBG (11%)
And a 40% stake in Epic, and 5% in Ubisoft, Activision, and Paradox.

So. Yeah.
And nothing of value was lost.
(with perhaps the exception of PoE)

Path of Exile is awesome, but I’m unfamiliar with the rest.

For those of us confused by this....what does this mean?

In 45 days there will be no PoE/any of these games when people go to play or no transactions in the game?

edit: re-read much loud wailing will ensue here if Fortnite goes.

The administration is just doing its part to ensure that it will be easier for all the children studying from home to pay attention to their schoolwork.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Left 4 Dead 2 may be getting a new campaign later this year:

And there's a chance that Arcane Studios could release the unfinished assets to a canceled Half-Life Opposing Force 2: Ravenholm, if the community makes enough ruckus. Which could allow fans to finish the game, maybe. It had been in development for 2 years before being canceled. With many of it's enemies and game mechanics implemented.

More info on what's known about OF2: Ravenholm here.

Epic is now suing Apple over their App Store cut.
I have to believe they were waiting for it. They sued like 45min after the ban dropped.
Still waiting to see if Google follows suit (since it violates Google‘s policy, too) followed by an Epic v. Google suit.

—Patrick