Video Game News and Miscellany

Death Stranding trailer from the Game Awards.

I have no idea what's going on, but it looks pretty damned intriguing.

Death Stranding trailer from the Game Awards.

I have no idea what's going on, but it looks pretty damned intriguing.

Some speculation on Reddit was that the invisible beasts are obviously well established where they are as they have proven ways of avoiding them. But that the baby capsules may also be another way of countering them in that they are clones of the original carrier who are then able to transfer their knowledge to them. Now obviously them being babies presents issues but that can be remedied by a little bit of that black aging goo.

The crutch of the theory rests on the thumbs up given by the original carrier for the all clear after the beasts pass tied to the one the baby gives when the camera goes down Reedus's throat hole in the apparent dream sequence. Seemed like an interesting concept but honestly who the fuck knows.

Last edited:
Has there been any hue and cry yet about the absence of women in the trailer? Or has everything remained Quiet?

--Patrick
Quiet got a lot of attention because she was a blatantly sexualized character with a strongly implied rape-victim backstory, that they bullshitted about taking seriously.

I mean, this trailer is kind of neat and all, but it's just more pure Kojima bullshit.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh Boy oh boy oh boy...

Another Darkest Dungeon DLC is coming... The Color of Madness.

FTA:

“With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos…”
-HP Lovecraft

Some hateful shard of alien origin has streaked through the night sky, crashing into the old Miller’s farm on the outskirts of the Hamlet! Those unfortunate enough to witness the Comet’s arrival have been blinded by what they can only describe as a shifting, ephemeral hue of damnably abrasive intensity. There has been no word from the farm in a fortnight, save for the unearthly groaning that echoes from the ruin of the mill…
  • A New Quest Type: Get lost in time and space as you confront unending waves of enemies, new and old, pushing ever closer to the crash site of the Comet. Survive as long as you can stomach, and compare your highest kill count with friends and rivals alike!
  • A New Enemy Faction: The husks of the Miller and his farmhands roam the area around the windmill, spreading the all-consuming influence of the Comet’s light.
  • Powerful New Trinkets: Visit the Nomad Wagon and spend Comet Shards to purchase trinkets with new and powerful functionality.
The team at Red Hook is thrilled to continue to support Darkest Dungeon with this latest DLC. We’re committed to providing our new and veteran players alike with the very best in all-consuming misery and morbidity. The Color of Madness DLC is planned for a spring release, and pricing information will follow in the new year.

It's weird, I saw this and wondered who the fuck played more than the demo of Medievil?
It wasn't the monster hit that Sony wanted, but it did well enough to get a (better) sequel and for them to do an HD remake on the Vita. So this is actually the SECOND remake of the game. They even put Sir Dan in the Playstation Battle Royale thing.

And yeah, pretty much everyone I know that's played it started with the demo from that Pizza Hut promotion back in the day. That's how it got out to so many people. It's actually pretty formative for people in the industry, apparently. A lot of folks actually working at Sony dig Sir Dan, for just how original and different he was as a character during the period he was created.

I normally absolutely loathe buying games multiple times on different platforms (and nearly mocked a friend who bought the PS4 Skyrim till he cried) but I will fight all the streets.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Best Street Fighter 2 memory for me was playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo in the mini mart in my home town when I was 8 years old and beating a teenager 15 times in a row before he pulled out a lucky win. He taunted me so hard with that win. I was so fucking defiant. I was like, old fucker, you spent like 4 bucks trying to beat me. I won.

Man, if this is how Street Fighter 5 was introduced in the first place, I bet dollars to donuts that it wouldn't have been the disappointment sales-wise it turned out to be.

This is fuckin' rad.

I realized I lied in that Street Fighter story. It wasn't Street Fighter 2 Turbo, it was Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition.

I'd like to issue apologies to all I've let down. I'm sorry.

ALSO!