Video Game News and Miscellany

Part of the issue is MN9 is on Unreal 3, while Unreal 4 is the standard right now. Regardless, what -I'm- hearing is that it actually does some fun stuff (being encouraged to dash through stages is actually REALLY fun and was in the demo as well) but it's bogged down by uninspired levels and the engine troubles.

Doesn't matter to me. I payed for it, I'm going to try it out.

Suddenly, Double Fine's Kickstarters don't seem so bad. Jesus. For some reason, I had a bad feeling about this from the start. I don't know why. But I followed my instinct and didn't back the game. Really glad I didn't now and I'm sorry for those that did.

It's atrocious that I could buy it and play it right now, before the people who actually funded the project. But I guess Inafune and co don't care; they already got the backers' money.

Got my Steam key for Mighty No 9 this morning.

Too bad it was apparently already owned.
Ha. Not that it matters: Steam hasn't unlocked the game yet, when it was supposed to do it last night. Folks on PS3/PS4 can play it just fine and folks who buy it right now on 360/One too (they have a key issue too), but NO ONE ELSE CAN.

And yes, the key thing too. They didn't do keys for the DLC right ether.

I hear the DRM free version doesn't like to actually save your progress.[DOUBLEPOST=1466513564,1466513374][/DOUBLEPOST]On other news, the Musou (Dynasty Warriors) Berserk game has some images.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/koei-tecmos-berserk-launches-september-21-japan

Be the first Dynasty Warriors I ever play.

I do find it funny that they mention erotic restrictions. Berserk isn't fucking erotic. With the exception of like, one scene in the entire manga, sex in Berserk is another act of violence.

I hear the DRM free version doesn't like to actually save your progress.[DOUBLEPOST=1466513564,1466513374][/DOUBLEPOST]On other news, the Musou (Dynasty Warriors) Berserk game has some images.

I do find it funny that they mention erotic restrictions. Berserk isn't fucking erotic. With the exception of like, one scene in the entire manga, sex in Berserk is another act of violence.
There's a Fist of the North series that plays like Dynasty Warriors/Musou, as well as a One Piece title and several Gundam ones.

I haven't played a bad Musou game from Koei... ever.

I just mentioned Dynasty Warriors because as far as I can tell, it was the first they made and the game most associated with the name Musou.

I just mentioned Dynasty Warriors because as far as I can tell, it was the first they made and the game most associated with the name Musou.
Musou is more of a genre at this point, but yes... Dynasty Warriors was/is an actiony spinoff of the historically/fantasy based Romance of Three Kingdoms strategy games. But since, Musou has become it's own thing and there are even games like it that are completely originally, like Ninety Nine Knights.

GFX cards have pushed and funded a lot of games over the years, resulting in games barely tested to work on their opposite number ("optimized for nVidia"). Nothing was ever locked out, though.
I can sort of understand the reasoning, but it 's like medication. Up front development costs you want to recuperate are one thing, but yours is not the only interest in this. I know if Oculus keeps up with pushing for exclusives, I'll never buy an Oculus. Ditto with an iPhone, same with anyone trying to force-lock me into "their" environment.

Yeah I mean the trailer I posted last week for it wasn't the Hundred Man battle in the woods, or fighting an Apostle, or one of the other iconic battles in Berserk - nope, it was the bit where Casca gets tentacle raped (and then demon raped) during the Eclipse. WTF, guys?

I can get behind this. The Plague Knight DLC was remarkably sweet and heartfelt, with an ending that was both amazing and fitting. Really, Shovel Knight is one of those game I kind of wish had a cartoon.
I would love for more Shovel Knight. The game is solid enough that even though it's taking a length between updates, it's worth coming back to. Though the Kickstarter says no estimate yet for Spectre Knight, last I heard was possible late September release.

But it totally has the fun characters and the heart to branch out into other media.

Though this won't affect some, apparently the 3DS version of Zero Time Dilemma is chock full of problems, such as bugs and framerate issues. Could be a while before they fix any of it, if they ever fix any of it.

Dave

Staff member
There's a program that lets you play Oculus games on a Vive. And Oculus in response has removed their headset DLC. This means they are essentially allowing anyone to patch & play on any VR platform.

There's a program that lets you play Oculus games on a Vive. And Oculus in response has removed their headset DLC. This means they are essentially allowing anyone to patch & play on any VR platform.
That's because the backlash they've been getting for being anti-consumer has been pretty loud.

Also, I think you mean DRM.