Video Game News and Miscellany

GasBandit

Staff member
Intriguing. It'll be interesting to see the final product. If you can design the students yourself, HFA3 could be VERY interesting :twisted:

One of the ladyboys from Final Fantasy Type 0 has a fairly strong resemblance to my friend Kristen Collins, facially. It's kind of weird.

- dude with silly name (Machina or something?)

This is Kristen cosplaying a character called "Koujaku"

KristenCollinsKoujaku.jpg

Yeah, this is basically Konami realizing that people buy stuff because of Kojima and not because of their company name and their need to put a stop to that... which, ironically, is likely to damage their company severely.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about what this means for Silent Hills. Kojima was directing that too.

Nintendo has partnered with a company DeNa (sp?) to produce mobile content based on stuff like Mario and Zelda so they don't have to soil their own hands with it. On the one hand, this could be good for them. On the other, the last time they tried this we got Zelda CD-i.

But on purely good news, they're fucking finally going to have a cross-platform (and even PC for some reason) account based system like Steam, PSN, and XBL.

Nintendo's been testing the waters for mobile style microtransactions for a while now.

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.

http://kotaku.com/indie-developer-retaliates-to-negative-video-with-youtu-1692469143

An indie developer pulled a DCMA on a recent video by Jim Sterling. Their reaction is hilarious, especially given the absolute shit product they were trying to present. Having seen the video before it was taken down, I swear the game ran less frames per second than running an MMO on a low-end laptop and all the settings turned to max.

It blows my mind that developers think they can release something like this to the public without expecting criticism or backlash. Worse, they'll try to hide behind the shield of Early Access or Greenlight, assuming that saves them from criticism. And yet, the developers that have released Early Access games that were presentable and actually WORTH buying (Kerbal, Darkest Dungeon) don't seem to have this problem. Funny that.

Zappit

Staff member
Nintendo has partnered with a company DeNa (sp?) to produce mobile content based on stuff like Mario and Zelda so they don't have to soil their own hands with it. On the one hand, this could be good for them. On the other, the last time they tried this we got Zelda CD-i.

But on purely good news, they're fucking finally going to have a cross-platform (and even PC for some reason) account based system like Steam, PSN, and XBL.
I think the PC aspect is going to replace Club Nintendo for the fan reward stuff. Maybe let you manage your account that way, too? (I.E. Put more money on your e-Shop account.)

I guess it depends on who they bring in for it. I've never really cared for MGS anyway, but who knows, fresh blood might be good for it. Being a Japanese game it likely won't be subject to the usual CoD/Battlefield treatment, I would think.

I guess it depends on who they bring in for it. I've never really cared for MGS anyway, but who knows, fresh blood might be good for it. Being a Japanese game it likely won't be subject to the usual CoD/Battlefield treatment, I would think.
They could let Platinum take another swing at it. Metal Gear Rising was awesome.

But yeah, Konami still sucks.

Mortal Kombat X isn't out yet, but you better believe there's DLC already available! Netherrealm continues to say "Lore? Fuck that, include any character we can."

Have they even revealed the cast of the game you get when you spend 60 bucks yet?
A bunch have been announced, but not all of them have been officially revealed. Shinnok for example was shown in the Cage family trailer, but hasn't otherwise been announced as a playable character.

But if you pre-order now, you can get Goro... they've made that very, very clear.

I mean, they're not the only ones guilty of this kind of thing. If you check out the Steam listing for SFIV, it is smothered in costume DLC. Not just a handful, either, there's a veritable shitload. Granted, that's not the same as characters, but still, this seems to be the way of the big fighters now.

I mean, they're not the only ones guilty of this kind of thing. If you check out the Steam listing for SFIV, it is smothered in costume DLC. Not just a handful, either, there's a veritable shitload. Granted, that's not the same as characters, but still, this seems to be the way of the big fighters now.
It's not so much the DLC, I'm ok with that. MK9 had DLC characters, and they were all pretty good. It's advertising DLC before the game is even out.