Valheim

I just stuck a communal house by the spawn in, just for quick rested buffs when you get in. If that's a thing you care about. Don't really have time to do anything big, so I didn't even bother to go exploring yet to find whatever thing you started. It has Comfort 8. :| If anyone wants to stick a portal in it to whatever communal workshop we're making, feel free.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
The workshop-in-progress is very close to the spawn-in, straight west. I've already got a charcoal kiln and furnace, and all the upgrades that don't need iron. Going to work on that next.

1631922281122.png

Emrys and I built a boat and took down Eikthyr. Anyone who needs it, feel free to borrow.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
We have a cartography table at the workshop now too, which comes in handy since the map sharing mod is broken.

GasBandit

Staff member
So now we've got a portal to a good sizeable swamp with some crypts in it so we can get iron, but we need the swamp key first, so we'll have to beat The Elder. I've also managed to find the elder and make a portal to his arena. But now we need the seed things we have to use to summon him.

My Porcupine Mace is getting pretty ragged, hope we can get some iron soon so we can finish upgrading the forge enough to do some repairs. It's already high enough to repair top level bows and armor, but not quite enough for black metal grade weapons.

GasBandit

Staff member
Still a work in progress but things are really coming along:

1632083324386.png

Got a BIGASS VOXEL WALL to keep the trolls and gray dwarfs from beating on shit, Got some bonfires going, a decent farming setup... still need to flesh out the main house with windows and trim and separate rooms, but the kitchen is coming together.

GasBandit

Staff member
So today, we went on a very meandering sea journey in search of missing resources. Finally found some silver.

1632278486110.png

I'm using a mod that lets you plant things like mushrooms, thistles, and berry bushes with the cultivator. It takes 5 of any given whatever to plant a "spawner" for it, but then each item will respawn itself in perpetuity with no replanting.... on a FIVE HOUR timer (real time) that is not accelerated by sleeping and stops advancing if nobody's on the server.

It looks pretty impressive at night though, with the yellow mushrooms and thistles glowing in the dark.

1632278613687.png

We finally have a hot tub! We need to finish fleshing out the house though so it has a better place to go. Preferably a high porch with an ocean view, I am thinking.

1632278696287.png

GasBandit

Staff member
The workshop and kitchen are now fully upgraded to be able to process any material!

Now we just need to grow barley and flax.

GasBandit

Staff member
We have barley and flax growing in a plains farm.

Now the real business of making an aesthetically pleasing home can begin.

GasBandit

Staff member
I know! But I've been so busy lately, and when I'm not busy I'm exhausted. By the time I can finally sit down and game again, you guys will all be over it.
The size of the project Snuffles has in the works, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever play anything else, ever.

GasBandit

Staff member
So, last night after everybody else had logged off for the night, there was a Fuling attack on the workshop area.

So, I guess not hanging the Forsaken boss trophies isn't a workaround for keeping the raid strength low.

We've only killed Eikthyr, the Elder, and Moder. Maybe it just goes straight up off structure build quality/wealth.