[Brazelton] Twitter

figmentPez

Staff member
He allows them to say their racist, misogynist, and anti-Semitic shit without repercussions. Out loud and without having to look around first.
Online, but only some in real life. Don't discount the amount of people who aren't on social media, but hear it about it from friends who are, or friends of friends, and hear people praising Musk, but don't directly see the shithole that Twitter has become.

Every forum I frequent (both of them) has become graveyards of useless Twitter embeds that have made them worst places to browse. Like Pez's post above or like 20,000 posts on Era that look like this:

1702760977015.png

Thousands of posts that just look like this.

It's time to remove Twitter.

Seems to still work on mobile but if I use my desktop it's all blanks. I see threads popping up about it everywhere so I know I'm not alone.

Seems to be a Firefox problem I guess.

It's working again in some places for me. I guess enough people online were bitching.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
I've been posting screenshots of tweets for awhile now. I had a feeling this would happen.
I'd have posted a screenshot of the last tweet I embedded, but a screenshot of video doesn't do much good. Sorry, Frank. (It's just a clip of a Tesla truck, trying to haul a pine tree, getting pulled out a rut by a Ford.)

GasBandit

Staff member
It works just fine for me on PC/Firefox and mobile Firefox... Wonder if it is because I'm also running adnauseam?

I legit cannot believe that those enormous touchpad consoles with no other controls is legal. It's bugnuts insane and is probably one of the reasons why Tesla drivers fucking suck so bad.

Tesla drivers have the highest accident rate. From Nov. 14, 2022, through Nov. 14, 2023, Tesla drivers had 23.54 accidents per 1,000 drivers. Ram (22.76) and Subaru (20.90) were the only other brands with more than 20.00 accidents per 1,000 drivers. Meanwhile, Pontiac (8.41), Mercury (8.96) and Saturn (9.13) were the only brands with fewer than 10.00 accidents per 1,000 drivers.

So people who can only afford a discontinued brand drive that car better than people who can burn money on overpriced brands? Weird.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ram has been it's own company for over a decade.

I just found this out looking it up when you pointed that out.
Smells to me like chicanery. I'm not sure in which direction though. Maybe to fool CAFE standards, maybe a tax dodge, maybe something quarterly profits related.... who knows.

Smells to me like chicanery. I'm not sure in which direction though. Maybe to fool CAFE standards, maybe a tax dodge, maybe something quarterly profits related.... who knows.
I think it was more a part of the restructuring they did when they nearly went under and merged with fiat. It makes more sense to me than the difference between brands like Chevrolet/GMC/Buick. At least the product is different.

So people who can only afford a discontinued brand drive that car better than people who can burn money on overpriced brands? Weird.
My own personal biased non-scientific belief is that the huge swinginess between newer makes of vehicles is both that new trucks are fucking enormous and hard to see 30 feet in front of and the addition of a touchscreen full of options in all new vehicles to add to the things that steal away drivers' attentions is to blame.

My own personal biased non-scientific belief is that the huge swinginess between newer makes of vehicles is both that new trucks are fucking enormous and hard to see 30 feet in front of and the addition of a touchscreen full of options in all new vehicles to add to the things that steal away drivers' attentions is to blame.
There's probably a lot of truth to that too. Sometimes I wonder if people are over reliant on things like their blind spot checker to actually check their surroundings to see if it's safe to change lanes.

Also I drove my brother's Tesla for a day when I was house sitting for them and those things drive weird. They don't coast at all which was weird as hell to get used to.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sometimes I wonder if people are over reliant on things like their blind spot checker to actually check their surroundings to see if it's safe to change lanes.

My girlfriend's 19yo son backed into my Bolt and cracked one of the headlights. He didn't feel the need to closely scrutinize what was behind him, either in the rear cam or the mirrors, and didn't slow down because "the alarm didn't go off" when he was backing up.

I legit cannot believe that those enormous touchpad consoles with no other controls is legal. It's bugnuts insane and is probably one of the reasons why Tesla drivers fucking suck so bad.

Discontinued brands which have fewer and fewer models on the road as time goes on have fewer accidents? Weird.

--Patrick

Discontinued brands which have fewer and fewer models on the road as time goes on have fewer accidents? Weird.

--Patrick
Oh I thought it was per 1000 drivers of that brand not just overall drivers. My bad yeah that doesn't tell as much as it seems then. Like what are the % those brands occupy the road?

All that says is that people who use QuoteWizard are bad drivers. I wonder how many of them are in the "Male, 18-35" demographic, who can't get (cheap) insurance anywhere else because they are statistically risky drivers no matter what they drive. A real study would have considered that data, because there is a big difference between a 40-year-old (who gets their insurance from State Farm or USAA) and a 22-year-old who can only get insurance off some website using "QuoteWizard". They can both be driving identical cars with the big console screen, but have vastly different probability of an accident that is not the fault of the console screen.

My girlfriend's 19yo son backed into my Bolt and cracked one of the headlights. He didn't feel the need to closely scrutinize what was behind him, either in the rear cam or the mirrors, and didn't slow down because "the alarm didn't go off" when he was backing up.
Though I will never believe that backing up should be something done with anything but the utmost care getting into some stupid accidents without major damage is an important right of passage.

GasBandit

Staff member
Though I will never believe that backing up should be something done with anything but the utmost care getting into some stupid accidents without major damage is an important right of passage.
It was probably the least expensive and painful way for a zoomer to learn not to trust corporate safety technology.

I got $10 on him posting about skull shape by the end of the year.

Isn't IQ generally kinda bunk anyway? Like it shows how well you are at answering these kind of academic questions and less about how well you can problem solve.