Export thread

Twitch Streaming Thread

Dave

Dave

Okay, so I now have set us up with our own Twitch account. Right now I have it tied down to all my stuff (I deleted my personal Twitch account and will be just using the Halforums one), but there's a key that is generated that will allow anyone to broadcast on the Halforums channel.

So if you want to post a video to that channel let me know. I also have the key as a picture file if you think it would be a good idea to just post it here.

The channel is here: http://www.twitch.tv/halforums

But of course, there's nothing there yet.

If you guys want to help populate that would be cool. I'm going to start a game of Bioshock Infinite there soon...

Jay

Jay

Wtf is twitch

Dave

Dave

Twitch.tv. You can stream and watch people play games.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I would love to stream, if my computer were more capable. I might be able to stream some games with lower system requirements, though, but most of what I have to play in my library pushes my system to it's limits, with no horsepower left to encode video.

Dave

Dave

I used to be that way!

Far

Far

I've just started using twitch to stream league of legends and could do some on there. I don't know how to get my broadcasts to save yet though. They show up when I'm live streaming but cannot be viewed later. Also how would two people trying to stream at once using the same channel work?

GasBandit

GasBandit

I just frapsed a little War Thunder, and turns out that even at half resolution I'm looking at over a gig a minute! I'm looking at finding an encoder of some sort because uploading that from home on my measely 1meg upstream will take all night.

Dave

Dave

I don't think it works with two at the same time, so if anyone else is interested we could set up a sort of schedule. Or we could do multiplayer games like the blimp combat game and it would have all of us on it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Here's the video.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Does the player need a mic for hi-larious let's play-style commentary?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Does the player need a mic for hi-larious let's play-style commentary?
I'd say that's half the point, really.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'd say that's half the point, really.
Damn.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Far

Far

You want a mic @Zero Esc? I have an extra that I could send you. It's functional but not the best. It'd actually be helping me out as I'm trying to downsize before the move.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That's okay; I have a feeling that's more one of those things I say I'd do, but wouldn't actually take the time to do. Thanks though.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ok, did better this time. Got 1080p on this one!

Dave

Dave

SO what did you use to record this?

Far

Far

There is an option in your settings>channels & videos that I've found that will archive your broadcasts but you have to enable it. I believe that will then save them, at least temporarily though I have yet to try it out yet.

Dave

Dave

There is an option in your settings>channels & videos that I've found that will archive your broadcasts but you have to enable it. I believe that will then save them, at least temporarily though I have yet to try it out yet.
Already done. But it only saves them for like 4 days. Which is why I'm allowing anyone to broadcast if they can, because I doubt I'd build up that kinda buffer.

GasBandit

GasBandit

SO what did you use to record this?
Fraps (full 1080p resolution, 30 fps), recorded in AVI then encoded it into divx for upload using Ultra Avi Converter. Before converting, the AVI was over 15 gigs. I got it down to a few hundred megs, which is important because my max upload speed is about 180 kbytes/sec here at home. I briefly considered throwing it on a flash drive and taking it to work to upload it at 8 megabit. But the upload was only 80 minutes, so not horrible.

I tell you, the difference between 60 and 30 fps is astonishing in quality. You can see it even in videos. Video 1 was recorded at half resolution but 60fps, and it looks so smooth before uploading which helps the resolution issues somewhat... but youtube cuts everything down to 30.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

but youtube cuts everything down to 30.
They're just helping you be more "cinematic." :troll:

Though, they are beta testing a 60fps mode right now.

Dave

Dave

Just did two Skyrim videos. The first was me starting a new game, which I've done a thousand times. Kinda boring. The second was after I downloaded a couple new addons.

The first is called "Random Alternate Start" and when paired with the Nexus addon called "Character Creation Overhaul" makes starting games fun again. You are put in one of 463 starting points with basic character loadouts like Assassin, Knight, or Nightblade. These two have really energized me to start a new game. Be warned, though! It plunks you into areas that might be dangerous! First time I used it I started in a bandit fort and had to fight my way out. But you start with gear and since monsters scale it works out really, really well. If you watch the two videos you'll really note the difference in my voice. In the first one I'm bored as shit. In the second I'm actually excited to be playing.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

So, anything uploaded gets erased after four days?

Dave

Dave

If I read it right, yes.

Far

Far

Is it possible to have your videos automatically transfer to a youtube account? I know you can link the two but not sure what that does.

PatrThom

PatrThom

So, anything uploaded gets erased after four days?
What? Aw, man. Now I know why they call it Twitch"TV."

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dave

Dave

I saw that. Basically some idiots have found out where he lived and have called in the SWAT teams...twice.

Bowielee

Bowielee

So, if anyone's interested, for the next hour or two, I'll be streaming some Heroes of the Storm.

fade

fade

I have a (FILTHY CASUAL!) PS3, and the camera works well as both a camera and mic on the PC. Just sayin' in case anyone else has a PS3 and a daughter who insisted we get freaking Let's Dance.

Dave

Dave

Twitch has been hacked and I had to change the password. If you are still interested in streaming, let me know and I'll give you the updated password.

phil

phil

I might try to play some hearthstone on there! Me and my friends want to steam at some point so this will let me see how that works :D

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

We could stream a Diablo adventure!

Dave

Dave

We could stream a Diablo adventure!
Oh we certainly could! Thursday or Friday night?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Friday for sure. My hobo will be out :)

Streaming is a lot of pressure....will I still stand in stupid and die if its being recorded?

Dave

Dave

Okay so Friday night (after my son calls):
  1. Squidleybits
  2. Dave
  3. ??
  4. ??
Who's in for some Twitchy fun? I think we should use our Vent server as well.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

1. Squidleybits
  2. Dave
  3. ??
  4. profit
I'm off friday! Sounds like fate to me.

Dave

Dave

1. Squidleybits
  2. Dave
  3. Ravenpoe
  4. ??

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm up for it post-9:30p EDT

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'm up for it post-9:30p EDT

--Patrick
I am horrible with time zones. Is that Eastern?

Dave

Dave

9:30 Eastern, 8:30 Central, 7:30 Mountain, 6:30 Pacific.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

10:30 Atlantic!

Dave

Dave

I guess I never knew there WAS an Atlantic time zone. The US ends at Eastern and I thought that also encompassed Canada. I thought the next split wasn't until WGT, which is Western Greenland Time. TIL, man.

Is 10:30 too late for you?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Actually I think there's a teeny tiny bit of Maine in the Atlantic time zone.

*google google* apparently not. Never mind.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

10:30 Atlantic!
11pm Newfoundland! :troll:

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

That half hour messes me up worse than the 4 hours to BC.

Bubble181

Bubble181

3:30 European! Huzzah! :p

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

When are we doing this shit?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I guess we're not doing this?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Dave

Dave

Okay, okay. So I forgot. I blame the wife taking me last minute to Wal*Mart. That and Pillars of Eternity.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Okay, okay. So I forgot. I blame the wife taking me last minute to Wal*Mart.
Scandalous! Unacceptable! Unprofessional!

That and Pillars of Eternity.
Well, yeah, I can understand.

:p

phil

phil

I've got some days off and would be down to play a game or two. I haven't played d3 yet though so I won't be good!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

We can get you to 70 pretty quickly if you'd like :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

We can get you to 70 pretty quickly if you'd like :)
Depending on the' experience you want to get out of the game, this can be handy and almost necessary. If you have time and patience, I would actually suggest playing through the story line at least once wit a class of your choice. While there are some hilariously crappy bits,it does help flesh out the characters, the followers, etc, and helps you get used to some of the genre conventions and D3's way of using them.
Start off on Normal, probably, but you should bump it up to Hard fairly quickly (seriously, still in Act I, once you've got *something* in every gear slot, pretty much).

Dei

Dei

@Dave could you set up the HF twitch to auto-broadcast forumites Twitch accounts? That way we can still use our own Twitch accounts, but if HF people want to see if anyone is up to anything, they can go to a centralized location.

Dave

Dave

Can I do that? If you know how I'll give you the login and let you do it. It's a semi-public login as I'm giving it to anyone here who asks.

Dei

Dei

Can I do that? If you know how I'll give you the login and let you do it. It's a semi-public login as I'm giving it to anyone here who asks.
Sure, give it to me, I'm not sure if anyone can do it or if it's for Twitch Prime (which comes with Amazon Prime) only.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Welp, I don't know why I had so much trouble with OBS before. twitch.tv/gasbandit is now a thing.

Terrik

Terrik

Heck, I stream all the time. If you want to see me 1v6 the enemy team and watch me get screamed at, log on around 930-10pm EST :p[DOUBLEPOST=1475540714,1475540617][/DOUBLEPOST]Also my twitch channel name is conveniently located in my steam name, which is conveniently listed in my signature below.

Dei

Dei

Heck, I stream all the time. If you want to see me 1v6 the enemy team and watch me get screamed at, log on arond 930-10pm EST :p
If you want to watch my point of view as Terrik dies, you can watch mine instead. ;)

Also your sig is cut off. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1475540788,1475540719][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welp, I don't know why I had so much trouble with OBS before. twitch.tv/gasbandit is now a thing.
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/setting-up-obs-with-twitch.117/

If you didn't already figure out everything.

Terrik

Terrik

If you want to watch my point of view as Terrik dies, you can watch mine instead. ;)

Also your sig is cut off. ;)
Fine fine twitch.tv/milesedgeworth1985

Dei

Dei

OK, I have it autohosting me, @Terrik and @GasBandit

If anyone else wants to be auto-hosted, post your twitch handle here.

Dave

Dave

The girl knows what she's doing! (More than I do, that's for certain!)

Terrik

Terrik

The girl knows what she's doing! (More than I do, that's for certain!)
Yes, but did she invent fire.

Dave

Dave

Read the words right under my name.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Gah, I'd forgotten how ugly twitch streams are. I get grouchy if my encodes for youtube videos are under 20 mbit... twitch limits you to 3.5 (and I think my internet can only handle 3... which is odd because it used to be 5... razzafraggin cable company).

Terrik

Terrik

Gah, I'd forgotten how ugly twitch streams are. I get grouchy if my encodes for youtube videos are under 20 mbit... twitch limits you to 3.5 (and I think my internet can only handle 3... which is odd because it used to be 5... razzafraggin cable company).
*snort* I use to encode better than that and I got "your videos are shit..".

Still my favorite intro

Dei

Dei

*snort* I use to encode better than that and I got "your videos are shit..".

Still my favorite intro
You videos were encoding really terribly. Super jaggy. They should look way better for the PC you have. :p They are slightly better now.

Terrik

Terrik

First-Order-Riot-Control-Stormtroopers-1536x864-397036155406.jpeg

Dei

Dei

Terrik

Terrik

Where the fuck are you. GD.
My wife is shopping. Im,"accompanying"

PatrThom

PatrThom

My wife is shopping. Im,"accompanying"
Like Sir Robin's Minstrels?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Alright, looks like the best quality I can stream in real time is 3500 kbit superfast (meaning low workload/low quality), 720p, 60fps. It's not ideal, but to do more I have a feeling I'll need to upgrade both my CPU and my GPU.

But yeah, twitch.tv/gasbandit now fully operational for everyone to ignore :p I've got it set to archive my streams automatically, so it should keep them around for a few days after airing (but not forever).

At first I thought "who the hell would ever watch this" but then I tuned it in at work, just to see how the quality was and WHOOPMF half an hour had gone by... so... huh.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Alright, looks like the best quality I can stream in real time is 3500 kbit superfast (meaning low workload/low quality), 720p, 60fps. It's not ideal, but to do more I have a feeling I'll need to upgrade both my CPU and my GPU.

But yeah, twitch.tv/gasbandit now fully operational for everyone to ignore :p I've got it set to archive my streams automatically, so it should keep them around for a few days after airing (but not forever).

At first I thought "who the hell would ever watch this" but then I tuned it in at work, just to see how the quality was and WHOOPMF half an hour had gone by... so... huh.
I usually use streams (pre-recorded ones) by people I like to use as low-volume background office noise. Particularly 2-people streams, where they have idle conversation while playing.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I usually use streams (pre-recorded ones) by people I like to use as low-volume background office noise. Particularly 2-people streams, where they have idle conversation while playing.
Uh... I don't... I don't recommend you stream my streams at the office. Or in public. Or without headphones if there are small children around who you want to be learning about stuff you generally find in the reprehensible filth thread.

For example: Last night, we taught Terrik what a "Pink Sock" is.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Uh... I don't... I don't recommend you stream my streams at the office. Or in public. Or without headphones if there are small children around who you want to be learning about stuff you generally find in the reprehensible filth thread.

Well, I work from my house's spare bedroom (aka my office, the cat's litter paradise, storage area), so I think I'm good on all those fronts, but duly noted. My favorite stream for background work (AdumPlaze) is staffed by a Shadman-loving troll and a TMI-seeping gay furry, after all.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hemorrhoids are dirty now? :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hemorrhoids are dirty now? :p
That's not a pink sock.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've been reading up on it, and it seems the general consensus among twitch streamers is that 720p/60fps/3500kbit is the practical limit when it comes to quality vs resolution under twitch's bitrate limit. In fact, there's even an argument to go down to 540p/60fps/3500kbit on very fast compression (as opposed to superfast) because, while the resolution is lower, there's less compression artifacting (garble/blur/smudge/boxes) because you're maintaining 0.1 bit per pixel ratio, which apparently is the desired sweet spot for streaming high motion games.

It still rubs me the wrong way, because doing stuff in youtube for so long has warped my sense of what works and what doesn't - Twitch just rebroadcasts what you send them (thus why they enforce a bitrate limit), whereas youtube applies their own compression after your compression so it is in your best interest to send youtube the highest quality possible and resign yourself to their compression having its way with your content.

Terrik

Terrik

I've been reading up on it, and it seems the general consensus among twitch streamers is that 720p/60fps/3500kbit is the practical limit when it comes to quality vs resolution under twitch's bitrate limit. In fact, there's even an argument to go down to 540p/60fps/3500kbit on very fast compression (as opposed to superfast) because, while the resolution is lower, there's less compression artifacting (garble/blur/smudge/boxes) because you're maintaining 0.1 bit per pixel ratio, which apparently is the desired sweet spot for streaming high motion games.

It still rubs me the wrong way, because doing stuff in youtube for so long has warped my sense of what works and what doesn't - Twitch just rebroadcasts what you send them (thus why they enforce a bitrate limit), whereas youtube applies their own compression after your compression so it is in your best interest to send youtube the highest quality possible and resign yourself to their compression having its way with your content.
Actually I heard the "golden" settings had a bitrate of 2000.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Actually I heard the "golden" settings had a bitrate of 2000.
Higher is always better when it comes to bitrate, for quality. The only reason to ever go lower is if your internet (or your viewers' internet) bandwidth can't handle it. 3500 kbit is 3.5 megabit, which not everybody can upload. But if you can, you should - the only reason not to go higher is because Twitch might suspend you if they catch you.

Most of my later youtube videos were all 25000 kbit (25 megabit) when I sent them to youtube, to mitigate the "copy of a copy" double dip loss of quality that comes when they recompress it for streaming.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

So I'm thinking of streaming maybe some horror or at least Halloween-themed games. Got a hankering to play Costume Quest, for example. How would one go about logging into this Twitch Halforum thing?

Dave

Dave

PM sent.

Dei

Dei

If you want, you can make your own Twitch and I can just link it to Halforums

GasBandit

GasBandit

So I'm thinking of streaming maybe some horror or at least Halloween-themed games. Got a hankering to play Costume Quest, for example. How would one go about logging into this Twitch Halforum thing?
This would really probably be the most ideal solution - just set up your own twitch account, and we can make the Halforums account automatically rebroadcast it (assuming it isn't already broadcasting something already).

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Sure, my Twitch name is ThatNickGuy78. I just did a test run with Costume Quest and it seemed to work okay.

I think part of the problem is that I can't speak too loudly lest I disturb my folks. So I don't think this will be a thing for me to do.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Sure, my Twitch name is ThatNickGuy78. I just did a test run with Costume Quest and it seemed to work okay.

I think part of the problem is that I can't speak too loudly lest I disturb my folks. So I don't think this will be a thing for me to do.
There are people who speak lightly. You could always be that nightime smooth-talkin' DJ kind of streamer.

"Hey out there, you night owls. This is Groovy Nicks, playing easy jazz, only the classics, all night for you."

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Playing smooth jazz while slaughtering the undead sounds awesome! :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

To be fair, when playing Diablo III, I do tend to put on either light jazz, musical songs, or Weird Al compilations. Great fun to relax and unwind with some big explosions.

Dave

Dave

When I stream I have a habit of concentrating on the game for long periods and then realizing I've said nothing at all for 1/2 hour.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

When I stream I have a habit of concentrating on the game for long periods and then realizing I've said nothing at all for 1/2 hour.
Dave said:
said nothing at all...
Dave said:
...nothing at all...
Dave said:
...nothing at all...
Nothing at all.gif

PatrThom

PatrThom

To be fair, when playing Diablo III, I do tend to put on either light jazz, musical songs, or Weird Al compilations. Great fun to relax and unwind with some big explosions.
It's Demon-stomping Day!

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

So since Twitch added "Communities" I just made a Halforums one. If you want to tag your stream with the Halforums community tag, you can do so from the dashboard. All it really does it let people search "Halforums" and anyone currently streaming with that tag will show up in the search.

Dave

Dave

That's much easier than having a bunch of people using the same account, although that's still an option.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I added myself to that community.

Dave

Dave

Okay, since nobody used the "official" Halforums Twitch channel i went ahead and just made it mine. I changed the name from just "Halforums" to "Halforums_Dave" and I still think it sounds spammy. I can't change it until next week and I'm trying to find something that fits with my "Old Guy Gaming" channel theme. But god DAMN. There's not a lot of names left. It's harder than trying to find a damned website name.

Suggestions are welcome.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Okay, since nobody used the "official" Halforums Twitch channel i went ahead and just made it mine. I changed the name from just "Halforums" to "Halforums_Dave" and I still think it sounds spammy. I can't change it until next week and I'm trying to find something that fits with my "Old Guy Gaming" channel theme. But god DAMN. There's not a lot of names left. It's harder than trying to find a damned website name.

Suggestions are welcome.
OldDaveYellsAtCloud?

Dave

Dave

I saw that. Damn it.

For those who don't know, a couple weeks ago I was doing a PUBG community thing and played with a guy who called himself "Deadmau5". I thought it was just some dude with the name. Nope. It was really him.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm not the world's biggest fan of twitch, but his post in that link makes him sound like a shitty teen upset about the consequences of his own actions.

Dave

Dave

I'm not the world's biggest fan of twitch, but his post in that link makes him sound like a shitty teen upset about the consequences of his own actions.
I got that as well. Plus, he was banned for calling someone a "fag". Which others are also getting banned for. And it was a temp ban, not like a permaban.

Dude, just don't call people that and you'll be fine.

PatrThom

PatrThom

While not an entirely inaccurate assessment, it's also a complaint about how eager Twitch seems to be to swing their new zero-tolerance ban hammer, probably the same way everyone is clamping down on fleeting expletives, female-presenting nipples, and all that stuff. I think it was mostly about how they went straight to banning rather than anything less impactful to his "brand."

I completely get it. He's famous, therefore he thinks he should get some free passes, meanwhile Twitch is like, "You can't say that in here! You will respect our authoritay!" and it's just brand v. brand in the comments.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Because using homophobic slurs are a bannable offense? Seems like a good reason to me.

He knew the rules. Any damage to his "brand" is his own fault.

And yeah, I wish they would crack down on the multitudes of "titty streamers". But if some poor sad-sack of a schlub wants to blow all his money because he thinks some cleavage streamer likes him in real life, then a fool and his money, etc.

Dave

Dave

I'm looking to add more stuff to my channel in anticipation of my July bonus, which will buy me a new BlueYeti mic and a streamdeck. I need sub emotes & loyalty badges. And I'm trying to keep everything in the whole "old guy" motif. Right now I have (as ideas):

• Walker
  • Cane
  • Pill Bottle
  • Rocking chair
I can only have a few so I'm gonna be picky. What other ideas do you suggest?

Far

Far

Depends.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dentures!

Dave

Dave

Depends would just look like underwear. The icons are kinda small. But the dentures thing might work.

Far

Far

To be ffffaaaaiiiiiirrrrrrr, I just wanted to make the pun.

GasBandit

GasBandit

To be ffffaaaaiiiiiirrrrrrr, I just wanted to make the pun.
To be FAIIIAHH

PatrThom

PatrThom

Pepto
MoM
Werthers
Dentures
Prep-H
Donut cushion
Hip flask
Defibrillator
Pacemaker
Hospital gown
Wheelie IV stand
Shoe horn

...and that’s just what I can see from here.

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

Some of those would be difficult to see at 24px.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Some of those would be difficult to see at 24px.
You're not wrong.
Can we go 24-bit on the color palette? Or is it limited to 4- or 8-bit?

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Full color palette.

Dave

Dave

I just got my first payment from Twitch. I have become a professional streamer. :aaah:

Dave

Dave

I don’t know what the hell happened today. I played almost three hours on PUBG. Averaged about 2-3 people. Switched to No Man’s Sky and shit exploded. At one point I had 63 people watching. At the end my average viewer count was 34. I got 8 new followers. My average 30 day viewer count went from 4.1 to 6.8.

Guess I’m a NMS streamer now!

Dave

Dave

Found out that a site called IsThereAnyDeals had a deal on No Man's Sky. On that site they feature a random Twitch streamer. Apparently mine was featured Saturday, which is what drove those views. It was nice, though. :)

Dave

Dave

I'm supposed to possibly stream tomorrow. Gonna do some Grim Dawn with a friend. But I just looked at my stats. Starting Monday I've streamed 52 hours 57 minutes this week.

Holy shit.

Krisken

Krisken

I'm supposed to possibly stream tomorrow. Gonna do some Grim Dawn with a friend. But I just looked at my stats. Starting Monday I've streamed 52 hours 57 minutes this week.

Holy shit.
How is Grim Dawn? I am just now downloading it and giving it a try. High hopes!

GasBandit

GasBandit

If you like Diablo type games, it's an excellent example of the genre. It got a bit grindy for my taste in the midgame, but that's probably just me... these games typically do that sort of thing. I like how free you are to customize your character to your individual playstyle, and it's nigh impossible to make a bad choice on that front - I always felt overpowered, heh.

PatrThom

PatrThom

If you liked Diablo II, you'll like GD, no question. I haven't gotten any of the DLC yet but even the base game has an embarrassing amount of variety and choice for loadout and character customization.
I always felt overpowered, heh.
That starts to go away in your mid-30's. At least, it did for me until I spent a little time learning how the game works.

--Patrick

Krisken

Krisken

Yeah, I love the hell out of this so far. I don't have DLC yet, playing standard sword and board, but only the bosses make me go for the potions right now. It's very D2, you are all correct there.

I forsee a lot of my time being sucked up!

PatrThom

PatrThom

I forsee a lot of my time being sucked up!
Feel free to yell if you see one of us banging around the countryside. I hear party play can be even more beneficial.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

This is what it looks like when a big streamer raids a small streamer. The numbers are a little misleading. Ashek (one of the absolute best PUBG players in the US) raided me with 273 people.

PatrThom

PatrThom

It needs more :eek: face near that peak.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

The falloff was AMAZING!

They went from a pro-level player...to me. Not a good trade.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm taking the first, tentative, steps into streaming.

I've streamed twice now. The first is lost, because I didn't think about setting it to archive the video. The second isn't on Twitch, because I found the setting that saves it to my HDD, not the one that keeps it on Twitch.

I'm thinking of streaming all of my playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, though I'm not sure if I'll have a consistent schedule or anything. I'm mostly doing this because I think talking, even to no one about nothing important, will help improve my depression.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I think talking, even to no one about nothing important, will help improve my depression.
It can actually help you solve all kinds of troubles.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

It's conversations like this that make me love streaming and Twitch. Talking about RimWorld:

Demoness84: They can be impotent.. Menopausal.. and if you have it and another mod (cant remember the name right off the bat) They can have their gentiles ripped off
CrankyOldDave: No! Not the Gentiles!
CrankyOldDave: What about the Jews?
Demoness84: I was doing a playthrough on stream and Sir ripped the Gentials off another pawn/viewer
JiggleBill: \me clutches his gentiles

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh, so that's why they're called Family Jewels.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

In "I'm surprised it took them this long to do this" news, Twitch has announced watch parties, where a partner or affiliate (which amazingly I am still an affiliate despite barely streaming anything over the last year) who has an amazon prime account can stream content directly from their amazon prime and watch it with other folks (viewers must also have amazon prime to join a watch party).

So, like, we could do a Halforums Movie Night or something like that.

Of course, if amazon prime is too high a hurdle for some people, I could technically do the same thing in discord with more... piratical.. methods... but one drawback that springs to mind is twitch at least has smart TV apps, whereas discord does not, so it might be harder for people to watch on a big screen (unless they put their laptop on an HDMI input or something, I guess)

Edit - oh, nevermind... I read that watch parties only work on desktop (firefox or chrome) now, so smart TVs are out.

PatrThom

PatrThom

if amazon prime is too high a hurdle for some people, I could technically do the same thing in discord with more... piratical.. methods...
Isn't that what Kast is designed for?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Isn't that what Kast is designed for?

--Patrick
I honestly had not heard of that previously.

edit - reading up on it, if you don't pay a subscription fee, Kast shows ads. That's a dealbreaker for me.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I honestly had not heard of that previously.
It's the app Ember uses to do their watch parties. I did not know about the ads part, though.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Microsoft: Shit, did we already can mixer? Get that back up and running!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Meanwhile us regular schlubs who have been down at 50% all along...