Former President Trump Thread

Well, based on trump's habit of deflecting anything he's done and trying to pin it on the side, I guess that conclusively proves he did in fact strong-arm the Ukrainian president.

Also, the whole "who is he? He's betraying me...err, the US" thing is pretty much the entire reason whistle-blowers get anonymity, so I hope we never find out, honestly.

Once again, Trump WH is deliberately stone-walling investigations - trying to keep things secret, trying to bury the complaint, trying to convince people not to speak up or to bear witness. It gets so tiresome. I'm not one to say "if you've done nothing wrong you've got nothing to hide", but man, these guys practically want to keep tomorrow's menu a secret. Of course, with these people, tomorrow's lunch could be unicorn tears and newly born souls, but that's not here nor there.

Once again, Trump WH is deliberately stone-walling investigations - trying to keep things secret, trying to bury the complaint, trying to convince people not to speak up or to bear witness. It gets so tiresome. I'm not one to say "if you've done nothing wrong you've got nothing to hide", but man, these guys practically want to keep tomorrow's menu a secret. Of course, with these people, tomorrow's lunch could be unicorn tears and newly born souls, but that's not here nor there.
Today during the intelligence committee hearing, Senator Schiff made it a point to bring up the fact Trump claims executive privilege on a whole lot of things, including some interactions with people not involved with the government. He may be exaggerating of course, but he made it out like Trump claiming executive privilege is a very common thing he does regardless of if the actual conversation warrants that protection. Trump is a man of secrets.

I get what he means by "liddle." It doesn't change that

A) It's incredibly immature for the President to call someone that.

2) It's even more immature to get worked up about the press coverage of the initial immaturity.

Being that it's Trump, I just assumed he meant that apostrophe to be an accent over the e to make the name look foreign, since being foreign is clearly insulting. But maybe that's too highbrow for him.

The only way it works within proper grammar rules is with an "s" after the apostrophe.
Well, it's also frequently used to leave off the final letter of a word, such as "Good ol' days" or the famous "That's a paddlin'"
...but then there's the question of which letter is he omittin'?

--Patrick

Well, it's also frequently used to leave off the final letter of a word, such as "Good ol' days" or the famous "That's a paddlin'"
...but then there's the question of which letter is he omittin'?

--Patrick
But all of those omit a vowel, and are behind a consonant.

Now, i never actually bothered to learn english grammar because Cartoon Network already made me pretty fluent before i had it in school, and i could just breeze tests by sounding it all in my head, but isn't that the rule?
Post automatically merged:

It is definitely desperate, whatever it's supposed to be.
Post automatically merged:

Also, covfef'.
Don't you mean covfefe' ?

Now apparently the Whitehouse has confirmed that the Ukraine transcripts, among other things politically sensitive (aka you know, crimes), are kept on a separate system.

WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE CRIMES?

figmentPez

Staff member

Now, i never actually bothered to learn english grammar because Cartoon Network already made me pretty fluent before i had it in school, and i could just breeze tests by sounding it all in my head, but isn't that the rule?
Uh, none of those omit a vowel. Ol' is short for old, and paddlin' is short for paddling. They're meant to represent the propensity to drop consonants from the ends of words in certain accents.

The short form of little is lil', (and if you're doing mocking baby speech it's widdle, as in "Oh, po' widdle baby Twump got his feewings hurt. Is he gonna cwy?").

...no, they're all omitting consonants?

The apostrophe in English can indicate possession or omission ("Ol' Bob's place ain't there no mo'.") or even both simultaneously ("Chris' lunch" simultaneously denotes that the lunch belongs to Chris and that an S was omitted, avoiding a "Chris's" situation.).

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member

The Director of National Intelligence doesn't know if soliciting or accepting foreign interference in an election is illegal.

Uh, none of those omit a vowel. Ol' is short for old, and paddlin' is short for paddling. They're meant to represent the propensity to drop consonants from the ends of words in certain accents.
...no, they're all omitting consonants?

The apostrophe in English can indicate possession or omission ("Ol' Bob's place ain't there no mo'.") or even both simultaneously ("Chris' lunch" simultaneously denotes that the lunch belongs to Chris and that an S was omitted, avoiding a "Chris's" situation.).

--Patrick
Oh right, i don't know what i was thinking with the vowel thing, when all the ones i quoted dropped consonants. Really shouldn't post while half asleep.

Ah, yes, US elections, know for being international affairs.... :Leyla:
Well, they are now...