Things I Love

-Freshly shaved legs (my own, though I'm not above touching others if invited.)
-That weird skritch-y sound guitar strings make when the person playing changes their hand position. (This is actually one of my absolute favorite things in the world, no joke.)
- Hot Cocoa
- Staying up until the early hours of the morning when the rest of the city is quiet
- Licking frosting off my fingers
- Stepping on really crunchy leaves
- Typing
- Giving people hugs
- When someone plays with my hair
- Serial Killer Documentaries
- Quoting movies with my brother
- Buying books
- Being able to get to that one really hard to reach spot that itches on my back
- You guys

Time to myself.

. . . I like a lot of stuff, but there nothing else I actually love other than people. Cheesy1, for one.

Dave

Staff member
* Making people laugh.
* Making my wife laugh. This is different than the one above because it's harder to do and much more satisfying.
* Starting a new game.
* Music that worms its way into your soul and put in hooks. Not in a bad way. I mean music that just speaks to you on a deeper level than normal.

There's a lot more that I love than hate but these are the four biggies to me.

Coffee
Books
Music
Sitting on the beach
The briny smell of the ocean on a warm day
Body boarding
Hugs from friends
Intelligent conversation
Dancing
Halloween
Hearing my kids laugh together
Midnight talks in bed about silly things
Game night with our old neighbors
Shoes
Dragonflies
Teaching someone something new and seeing when it clicks
My non-traditional thanksgiving dinners
Digging in the dirt and growing things

my husband
my babies
my cat...I mean I love her so much I waited for her to be done cuddling me while sitting on my laptop before I uploaded today's pictures
finding a new spot - I went searching for a waterfall today and it was awesome

Ah, I wondered who would create the corollary thread.

I love many things, but the one that comes right to mind is that loamy, dirty smell of a damp forest floor.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Hah, I really didn't expect the "Things I hate" thread to take off like it did... at first it was just me griping about work on a 12 hour work day. But as so much does around here, it quickly took on a life of its own.

-That weird skritch-y sound guitar strings make when the person playing changes their hand position. (This is actually one of my absolute favorite things in the world, no joke.)
I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but I've always called that "fret noise" and people who play guitar seem to know what I'm talking about.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think I've written about it before numerous times, but there's a certain smell that I love. It's the plastic-and-metal smell that you'd smell on an old NES cartridge when you first pulled it from its box for the first time. The smell went away within a day or two, so it was only the brand new games that gave off that smell. That was the smell of excitement, novelty, of delayed gratification, of expectations being fulfilled. A few years ago we had a lightning storm that fried some electronics in one of our studios, and the smell that wafted out into the hallway and quickly permeated the entire building was exactly this smell. It nearly reduced me to tears. Every once in a great while, I'll catch the barest whiff of it when I'm somewhere where physical contact closures in electronics is still a thing. If ever a woman learns to bottle and wear that smell, I would probably be her willing slave/disciple til the day I die.

Besides the obvious, I love to make things, and build things. My daughter's closet used to be nothing but homemade clothes until my sewing machine started trying to commit suicide. I wish our house had a place for power tools, but sadly our unfinished basement is overrun by clutter and our garage is actually used by cars. ;)

I don't think Gas was ever "Most Hated." I think other people competed too effectively for that position for Gas to ever worry about winning it.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't think Gas was ever "Most Hated." I think other people competed too effectively for that position for Gas to ever worry about winning it.

--Patrick
In the early, early days, before Charlies and Icaruses. There were people calling for my banning. People made comics about how I drove them off the PVP forums.

Other things I love:
-Movie Monsters
-Animal 'Sidekicks' (yes I'm one of those, but my love extends to all animal sidekicks - Drogon is my favorite character in Game of Thrones)
-Making drinks for my friends
-Wearing lipstick
-I like that moment when my dog puts his head in my lap and just sits there, he doesn't do it very often, so it makes me especially happy when he does.
-Music from the 70's
- The shape of wrists and collarbones (if we ever meet, odds are I'm going to look at them, so here's a preemptive apology - I'm sorry)

Doomweasels (I know; shocking, right?)
Cats
Well, all animals, really, except for large, hairy spiders
Books in all shapes and sizes
Sunsets
All Mustelidae
Cheesy B-movies, whether or not they've been MSTified
The effortless beauty of the ladies of Halforums
Doomweasels
Warm summer rain
Eyes
My fuzzy Muppet pjs and fuzzy socks when it's cold
When someone posts a cute ferret video and tags me

- The shape of breasts and asses (if we ever meet, odds are I'm going to look at them, so here's a preemptive apology - I'm sorry)

:whistling: