[Contest] The Worst Weather

My work closed as of last night, before anything started. My wife and I quit Monster Hunter past midnight, looked outside--nothing. "Maybe they'll open again," I said.

Wake up at 5:30, we're fucking covered and it's pouring down. Spring needs to come; I'm tired of losing money on my paychecks.

Now, bearing in mind that I haven't been personally affected by any of the wacky weather that Washington's been having this year, I do feel that I should throw my hat into the ring for those poor, poor sods running ski resorts up in the Cascade range. First they couldn't open until January because they didn't have enough snow, now they have a butt-ton of snow, and they can't open because they have a butt-ton of snow that keeps coming all at once and no one can get there to either operate the runs or ski them, all because the DOT and WSP are concerned about avalanches. Pshaw.

So this morning I spent some time shoveling the 1.5" of "flurries" and now 3-5 again tonight (after the 4 or so we got over the weekend). Can it stop snowing please? I'm really tired of shoveling.

Yeah, those pictures of folks walking through big yellow-greenish mists with gas masks on do look like you'd welcome a refreshing white-out :p

Me, I went out in just a shirt today. Bit nippy, perhaps I'll wear my summer jacket tomorrow.

Oh, and you know how a soft winter usually means lots of insects? Apparently, this winter is so soft we won't have that problem: the fungi and parasites that habitually infest insect eggs and pops in late autumn usually freeze to death during even a warm winter; this time we haven't had a single freezing day, and experts say this is causing way too many of those fungi to survive - we'll have even less insects than usual. Which is good.

And the winner is... Shakey! You have the worst weather!

Piotyr is in second place with Terrik as a distant third.

If all 3 of you would PM me with your snailmail addresses, we will get your prizes of miniscule value in the mail. You may use bragging rights right away. however.

Wooohoo! :sohappy:

Wait, no. This isn't a good thing. It's getting a bit funny now. Another city just issued a run your water order because water lines are still freezing up. It's March... It is finally getting decent though.

And the winner is... Shakey! You have the worst weather!

Piotyr is in second place with Terrik as a distant third.

If all 3 of you would PM me with your snailmail addresses, we will get your prizes of miniscule value in the mail. You may use bragging rights right away. however.
Distant third? I literally breathe cancer. I breathe in particles that our bodies were never designed to protect ourselves from. I shroud myself in the smog that prevents laser fire.

I am the darkness in the night. I AM...uh....what was I saying?

I'd like to point out, as a cherry on top of things, that yesterday (March 11) was the first time since I bought my car that I was able to take it through a car wash.

I bought the car in December.

I'd like to point out, as a cherry on top of things, that yesterday (March 11) was the first time since I bought my car that I was able to take it through a car wash.

I bought the car in December.
Here at work (Madi-town) - they said "flurries" - the parking lot/roads were covered with a layer of snow.

Tell me about his warm sunny weather. It's been so long that I've forgotten what it looks like.
It was glorious. We had shitty weather friday and then out of nowhere, two beautiful days in a row. People were sitting outside at restaurants, studying in the quad, playing sports outdoors. It felt like life was finally less oppressive. And then shitty cold today.

I'm not really complaining too much though, its going into the 60s soon for 3 days in a row and back home theres a disaster of a snowstorm.