[Movies] The Wolverine

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Silver Samurai channel his mutant energy into anything? Or specifically metal stuff?
Technically anything, but the tachyon energy his mutant power generates is usually put into swords which allow him to cut through anything except adamantium.

Technically anything, but the tachyon energy his mutant power generates is usually put into swords which allow him to cut through anything except adamantium.
What if he channels his energy into adamantium? Would that make it like, double adamantium?

What if he channels his energy into adamantium? Would that make it like, double adamantium?
So...he can't channel his mutant energy into adamantium?
I'm going full nerd here: Since his charged up sword can cut through almost everything but adamantium, and adamantium can cut through almost anything save for (depending on the writer) other adamantium, then in theory Silver Samurai would be unstoppable with an adamtium blade. This assumes that the relative cutting power of whatever he's charging matters - if he could cut through steel with a charged up cardboard tube, then the adamantium wouldn't make a difference. The thing about adamantium is that it is, again depending on the writer, somewhat harder to come by. Unless Weapon X or Lord Dark Wind implant in your body (or you steal it from SHIELD), you're probably not going to get your hands on some. Which means that, while Silver Samurai's cutting power has a limit, its not something worth worrying about on a day to day basis.

Thoughts on the trailer:

1. It looks awesome and I want to watch it.
2. Seeing a bearded Hugh Jackman made me think he's going to break out in song about his guilt over stealing the bishop's silver.
3. I thought Shingen was being played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa at first. Voice seems similar.
And
4. Removal of mutant healing factor is a good idea from a storytelling perspective, though I highly doubt they'll make that a permanent change. Chances are he'll regain his healing factor in time for the climactic battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.