[Movies] The Wolverine

Status
Not open for further replies.
ComicBookMovie has a number of set pictures here.

The includes the first glimpse of one of the main villains of the film:

The Silver Samurai

Ok, Hollywood, you fucked up the first Wolverine movie. This is the type of movie that can be dark like Batman, please make it so.

Also, FUCK YES SILVER SAMURAI.

I'm cautiously optomistic. I loved the Japan saga with Wolverine. One of the few times I actually really liked the character.

As long as there's a scene that I remember vividly (but can't find online) where Wolverine is lying in a bed bandaged up, smoking a cigar with smoke coming out of the bandages he's wrapped up with.

I know that happened in a comic that took place in Japan.

Would you prefer...

WOLVERINE 2: THE WOLVERINE: LOGAN'S REVENGE: ON ICE: 3D
Actually it's

JAMES MANGOLD'S X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE 2: THE WOLVERINE: LOGAN'S REVENGE: ON ICE: 3D

And I can't wait for the inevitable PS3 game

JAMES MANGOLD'S X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE 2: THE WOLVERINE: LOGAN'S REVENGE: ON ICE: 3D THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE MOVIE

Actually it's

JAMES MANGOLD'S X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE 2: THE WOLVERINE: LOGAN'S REVENGE: ON ICE: 3D

And I can't wait for the inevitable PS3 game

JAMES MANGOLD'S X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE 2: THE WOLVERINE: LOGAN'S REVENGE: ON ICE: 3D THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE MOVIE

1st time i saw that i didn't catch it from the beginning and had no idea it was a SF film... i didn't hate it, it's a pretty fun b-movie over all.
Yeah, but this isn't Street Fighter: The Movie. This is Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game

Even if this movie is bad, I hope they AT LEAST don't make Silver Samurai and Makino married like in Wolverine and the X-men. That....that was never not gross for me.

So their sequel title is to put a "the" at the beginning?
"Sequel" is a strong word. There's not going to be any story connection to the previous film(s, supposedly it will stand entirely on its own), the writers are different, and so is the director. Its more like Jackman and Shuler Donner are calling a mulligan on the previous movie.

I too am cautiously optimistic. One half of the writing team is responsible for such films as The Usual Suspects, X-Men, and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol. The other half wrote Constantine, Live Free or Die Hard, Race To Witch Mountain, Unstoppable, and Total Recall (2012). Mixed bag there. The director has made such films as Cop Land, Walk The Line, 3:10 to Yuma, and Girl, Interrupted. Oh, he also did Knight & Day (which was actually pretty fun) and Kate & Leopold (THERE'S A GREAT BLINKING TIME PARADOX IN THE ENDING THAT DOESN'T NEED TO EXIST! WHY?!). So the conclusion is...I have no idea, the combined experience runs a gamut of quality and crap.

"Sequel" is a strong word. There's not going to be any story connection to the previous film(s, supposedly it will stand entirely on its own), the writers are different, and so is the director. Its more like Jackman and Shuler Donner are calling a mulligan on the previous movie.

I too am cautiously optimistic. One half of the writing team is responsible for such films as The Usual Suspects, X-Men, and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol. The other half wrote Constantine, Live Free or Die Hard, Race To Witch Mountain, Unstoppable, and Total Recall (2012). Mixed bag there. The director has made such films as Cop Land, Walk The Line, 3:10 to Yuma, and Girl, Interrupted. Oh, he also did Knight & Day (which was actually pretty fun) and Kate & Leopold (THERE'S A GREAT BLINKING TIME PARADOX IN THE ENDING THAT DOESN'T NEED TO EXIST! WHY?!). So the conclusion is...I have no idea, the combined experience runs a gamut of quality and crap.
I'm sold. Freking loved that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.