[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

you guys are killing me over here, you have been BITCHING since they launched the english trailer, YOU ARE STILL BITCHING! WE ALL KNEW IT WAS GOING TO SUCK FROM THE TRAILER! seriously, if this keeps up any longer my brain is going to implode from the shear density of everyone who make it the main point of every conversation on the subject of anime recently released in North America. I aint even mad, just shocked that this shit has been able to maintain speed for what? 3-4 months? it was the chosen one and now its the frickin darth vader of anime adaptions to english.

meanwhile I am trying to figure out how I will budget 250 bucks for the new BLU-RAY RELEASE OF CARDCAPTOR SAKURA, WHAT!? yes, NIS-America is bringing it over and I have some bets to make good on that I made years ago.

also, started watching kill-la-kill last night, we made it to episode 10 before I needed to crash. The show is amazing and I will buy it when it eventually comes out in the US.

They are Re-releasing Cardcaptor Sakura?! Yaaaay I've been wanting to show that to my daughter!

Blame nis. They are a premium collectors licensor. Everything is cray cray expensive the dvds are split into 4 sets at 60 a pop.

While that's a big ticket item, anime's never been cheap anyway. I remember paying like 90 bucks just for one season of Ranma 1/2 back when Suncoast was a thing.

While that's a big ticket item, anime's never been cheap anyway. I remember paying like 90 bucks just for one season of Ranma 1/2 back when Suncoast was a thing.
40 bucks for season 1 on blu-ray! there is two schools now, make it as cheap as possible so it has mass market appeal, or make it have tons of add-ons and perks and it costs a fortune and aim at the niche collector market.

I mentioned the Cardcaptor Sakura release to my wife, and then started asking her why she liked the show since it was "so cheesy". She didn't know what I was talking about--she'd never seen Kids WB localization and dub. Somehow I remembered the English opening. She covered her ears and started screeching.

So it's not just Attack on Titan. Others can feel this pain.

But anyway CARDCAPTORS OF THE CLOW, EXPECTED THE UNEXPECTED NOW.

The Clamp group does a good chunk of cross overs between their works. Personally I think their just building up to some weird Avengers style cross-over comic, that may or may not be awesome.

Just saw the first three eps of Chrome Shell Regios...ew boy this show is cliche as all hell. Not bad necessarily as I've only seen the first 3 eps but it feels like they just shoved a bunch of tropes in the story oven and took it out too soon. Especially the protagonist whose one of those super tough warrior dudes who doesn't want to be a super tough warrior dude because of back story.

Also Baka and Test, its just okay. Both the plot and the jokes are pretty predictable.

Baka/Test (both seasons) were pretty enjoyable, imo, but don't expect any kind of resolutions. It's very much a harem in that regard.

I still can't finish Regios, it has its moments but all in all it just isn't very good.

Baka/Test (both seasons) were pretty enjoyable, imo, but don't expect any kind of resolutions. It's very much a harem in that regard.

I still can't finish Regios, it has its moments but all in all it just isn't very good.
I figured and me as well probably.

Last edited:
just finished season 1 of clannad, was not a tear jerker at all, was magically adorable. Nagisa's family is awesome. Tomoyo is a nice guy.

just finished season 1 of clannad, was not a tear jerker at all, was magically adorable. Nagisa's family is awesome. Tomoyo is a nice guy.
Yeah, but there's a downside you might not have been aware of while watching it. Did you catch it?

The Attack on Titan dub sucks. ;)

Yeah, but there's a downside you might not have been aware of while watching it. Did you catch it?

The Attack on Titan dub sucks. ;)
You are a monster...i think I want to talk to you more often. In any case next is to finish magic users club.

I need to spend less time on Tumblr. I'm so tired of the posts which basically say "I liked ___, so could everyone please stop saying bad things about ____, it's very upsetting to see that people have different opinions than mine. If your opinion is different from mine, please keep it to yourself."

I've been on the internet for somewhere between 13 and 15 years, and not before 2014 have I seen this kind of spineless childishness so widespread. I've seen flame wars aplenty, but not this "please PLEASE shut up about the thing I like!" as if throwing please on there makes the person any less of an asshole than the flamer. I get people being upset about real life issues, but this about fucking movies and TV shows, forms of entertainment. How can you be so fragile as to let an adverse opinion about that break you? These stupid children.

Rant is on point for Attack on Titan dub. Gods forbid I see someone else say they liked it or I'll have to cry in the corner, singing to myself, until I can muster the nerve to get online and beg them not to voice their opinion.

Ugh.
Sorry I'm only seeing this now. Since I don't watch much anime, I don't visit this thread often. But I've noticed that over the years, it seems people are less and less receptive to the idea of criticism. Or more to the point, there's less GREY area in criticism among the general internet populace. Something is either unbelievably awesome, like the second coming of Christ wearing power armour made of kittens or it's the absolute worst, piece of monkey doodie, worse than Hitler and 9/11 put together.

Just look when a game gets a good score, but not 10/10. Hardcore fans will rail against the reviewer for DARING to not give their precious game a perfect score.

I think it all stems from the growing petulant entitlement among western society.