[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

I got kinda bored with Titan. I wanted to like it, but there's so much recap and so many still reaction shots that it felt kind of bogged down and slow after the first few episodes. Majestic Prince, however, is fantastic.

Necronic

Staff member
The manga depressed me. :( Dont think I can handle the anime right now.Maybe if it is over and I can watch it in one whole chunk.

Anyhow,this anime season is reeeeealy good if you like mecha.

Little comment on the side:
I HATE Tsundere characters.And whiney,insecure protagonists.
If you need a little cheering up there's always Grave of the Fireflies.

working on Ceres: Celestial Legend, surprisingly good. its got a good mix of drama and character development without being depressing.

Reading Soul Eater while watching the show, I should watch all the eps and see what there are more of: explosions or insanely creepy ass imagery. Like when Asura did those illusions where was eating Erica and Free's faces DAMN!

I got kinda bored with Titan. I wanted to like it, but there's so much recap and so many still reaction shots that it felt kind of bogged down and slow after the first few episodes.

How far did you get in?

I noticed what you described and was feeling similar...and then the battle started and things got freakin' insane.

Just finished reading GetBackers.It was ok.

Need something crazy.Preferably like "Redline". But please dont suggest Gurren Lagan.

I couldn't into Getbackers, at least the manga. Mostly because I feel the proto-manga was a lot better than the official manga. Cos in the original the old guy DID reunite with his daughter before he died rather than the Jigan guy making an illusion. Felt like a cop-out.

Also LordRendar if you mind-fucks count as crazy check out Tatami Galaxy . FAIR WARNING- the protagonist talks reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally fast so watcher beware.

looked through my anime collection database and came up with some suggestions for stuff I think is like it. Maybe Diebuster?

Silver Spoon - a manga (and since four weeks, also an anime) about learning how to farm.

By Hiromu Arakawa - creator of Fullmetal Alchemist.

It's really, really good.

I agree.The manga is very engaging.Helps that most characters are fleshed out well,but that is to be expected from the creator of FMA.

Finished Votoms, It was totally awesome, now starting on Tenchi: War on Geminar! I looked at it and went 13 episodes? I CAN DO IT STANDING ON MY HEAD! well they are 13 HOUR LONG episodes. I have watched ONE, I am sucked in, I cant wait to watch more, but I am going to enjoy and savor a show this good!

what is it with you and facial hair all of a sudden man? are you trying to join me in the brotherhood of the beard?

Soul Eater manga is done, gonna miss it for sure but it was an all right ending. Well *clap* time to actually BUY the manga now! CONSUMING!

finished war on geminar, ALL SHOULD WATCH IT! It is typical tenchi humor, however Tenchi's brother Kenchi is a riot. I am really sad it is only 13 episodes, I would like to see more of their continuing adventures. Now working on Gunslinger Girl season 1 and Saber Marionette J Plasmatic Crisis, both are decent. GG is a lot of how do we treat people we turn into weapons. all the girl's handlers treat them different, and the dichotomy is really fun to watch. SMJ is more of the same and I am enjoying it for being a fun show that doesnt take itself to serious. I also got a steal of a deal on Sailor Moon Season 1 Uncut, so soon Kiki and I will watch that and probably review it!.

I am reading Ansatsu Kyoushitsu(Assassination classroom) right now, and I am liking it so far. Its about this alien octopus like monster that is so powerful that it permanently changed the physical shape of the moon to a crescent shape. He gives the earth the ultimatum that he will blow up the Earth within a year, unless the failing high school class of class 3-E is able to assassinate him to whom the one who lands the kill gets 10 billion yen. Also the alien whom they called Korosensei (unkillable sensei) is the one teaching them how to kill him. Probably one of the most imaginative slice of life manga I've read in a while.

Last edited: