[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

Just finished UFO Ultramaiden season 2, more of the same. It was very silly with a heartwarming season finale. I just recieved Madoka Magica Part 3 so rewatching the first two parts so I can finish it for this weeks podcast! after that I am not sure.

I just read the premise to UFO Ultramaiden. Not to sound like a dick especially if its good but my first reaction was "Wow! A show about an alien who in order to save the day symbiotically links to a human partner! Haven't seen that in at least...five minutes."

Just saying, kindof an overused premise for superheroes over there.

Just finished UFO Ultramaiden season 2, more of the same. It was very silly with a heartwarming season finale. I just recieved Madoka Magica Part 3 so rewatching the first two parts so I can finish it for this weeks podcast! after that I am not sure.
Madoka Magica is both the most depressing and most inspirational series I've seen out of Japan in a long time. I've been really impressed with it.

SO...
Madoka was absolutely amazing, to be fair I have no interest in a rewatch, but that was an epic story. a real rollercoaster if I ever saw one. Starting today I am rewatching Code Geass from the start. Wish me luck 50 episodes is a lot to try to catch in time for the podcast on friday!

On the opposite side of amazin, I am finally finished watching Powerpuff girls Z! YES! Of course...I'm probably going to have to rewatch a good chunk of it for the review...ugh.

The manga depressed me. :( Dont think I can handle the anime right now.Maybe if it is over and I can watch it in one whole chunk.

Anyhow,this anime season is reeeeealy good if you like mecha.

Little comment on the side:
I HATE Tsundere characters.And whiney,insecure protagonists.

I've been meaning to watch/read Attack on Titan, just looks WAY too heavy for me to get into.
My description for Attack on Titan is this:

- Humanity is being constantly assaulted by giant naked Ken dolls and humanity is down to it's last settlement
- Young people valiantly fight against the naked people with swords and grappling devices, but take significant losses each day.
- The city is run by ASSHOLES.
- Because the city is run by assholes, there is no hope. This is like Desert Punk all over again, or Madoka Magicka without the uplifting ending.

It looks like a great series but I'm waiting a bit so I can marathon the episodes.

RANDOM MANGA FACT!

The lady who did Sailor Moon is married to the guy who did Yu Yu Hakusho. One made a series about a teenaged girl with magical powers who fights monsters, and one made a series about a teenaged boy with magical powers who fight monsters. Its funny how the thought of them being together sounds weird only for a few seconds.

I know Yoshi, it blew my mind too. Some day I would like to own the sailor moon anime. I have been trying to get through Code Geass, but I caught space plague(a nasty cold) and am just now getting back on my feet. Instead I watched Tenamonya Voyagers, which is a story about a lady named Paraila who was an agent for a war organization in the milky way galaxy, but suddenly the supreme court of planets accused her of betrayal and she was forced to be a fugitive to escape from jail. She formed a team with a clueless school teacher, a bazooka lover girl, and Paraila's former sidekick. They battle against Paraila's enemies, and try to go to earth to escape from space justice. The show is basically flcl style comedy about three ladies trying to get across the milky way galaxy to return to the planet Earth.

I believe it.[DOUBLEPOST=1368479915][/DOUBLEPOST]I still hate tsunderes with a passion.How can this be a desirable trait,Japan?

more terrifying is a Yandere! at least the girls who seem like hardasses but turnout to have a soft side don't end up murdering you in your sleep with a meat cleaver.

One thing that always bothered me about mecha cartoons, is how they never have one when they talk about the ramifications of their power sources. In order for such machinery to work, they would need an IMMENSE amount of power and would probably be caused by nuclear means. Don't get me wrong, I still like stuff like Gundam and Gurren Lager but if somebody made a mecha cartoon that was extremely scientifically accurate I would be all up ons that.

I have forgotten what it was like to watch One Piece on a television...SO BEAUTIFUL! Really I should just buy the damn show on DVD but WHATEVS!
I do wish they didn't edit the theme song though, that always bugs me when people do that.

so I just finished watching Code Geass Season 1, I had forgotten how amazing the final 6 episodes are. Taking a break to watch A Certain Scientific Railgun next. Hope I like it as much as Magical index.

also...
562336_265952956875271_2105025657_n.png

I would watch the shit out of this...

Right now I'm reading this 80s manga called "Sakigake Otokojuku" and its pretty awesome. Basically a high school full of the most stereotypical shonen characters you will find taken the nth degree for comedic effect. I hear it gets more serious later on(what a suprise) but even so I'm looking forward to it.

Also, Toonami's revival has inspired me to get into IGPX. I like it...but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to punch him in the face from time to time. Mostly when he gets all "Oh man, I can't believe I'm not the best!" Which makes me want to scream at the television: YOU ARE PILOTING A GIANT MOTHER FUCKING ROBOT! YOUR LIFE FUCKING ROCKS SO STOP BEING EMO! Fleh, its a basic trope with a lot of sports series so I can deal. I do still find it funny how they treat IGPX as a normal sport in this universe, giving a realistic touch to it. Still, I do wish they would've gone with the original idea proposed in the pilot where instead of racing it was a bunch of mech suits killing each other with gatling guns. Creh, whatch gon' do?

Robots fighting is fun, but everyone does it... but racing robots? That's actually kinda cool. Too bad this series never really took off.

I wonder where they are going to be playing Sword Art Online at... I mean, Bleach still has tons of episodes, Naruto just started (and I pray they cut the filler so we can get to Shippuden faster), and both Soul Eater and One Piece are early in their runs... so that leaves it taking the time slot for IGPX (which doesn't have a ton of episodes) or Eureka 7 (which is also almost over).

Robots fighting is fun, but everyone does it... but racing robots? That's actually kinda cool. Too bad this series never really took off.
True, it is a cool twist on the genre. But I keep remembering how in the original had the main guy voiced byeff Nimoy and had him throwing SHRUIKENS! AWESOME! BUT-it is good that they went the other way and tried something new...though ironically the originality is probably what killed it. Mecha shows are traditionally sci-fi knights in armor and making them do anything else confuses people.
I wonder where they are going to be playing Sword Art Online at... I mean, Bleach still has tons of episodes, Naruto just started (and I pray they cut the filler so we can get to Shippuden faster), and both Soul Eater and One Piece are early in their runs... so that leaves it taking the time slot for IGPX (which doesn't have a ton of episodes) or Eureka 7 (which is also almost over).
How good is that show? It ain't too much like .//sign right?

Speaking of which I liked that show as a kid but I remember it creeping me the fuck out.

Watching IGPX I wonder one thing...why doesn't Takeshi's mech have a sword? You see him going all kendo the time, you'd think they'd give his mech a sword gimmick. Its not the craziest thing I've seen so far, magnetic arms, cyber cats, scanner mess up dust, is a sword too Pokemon83?

The manga depressed me. :( Dont think I can handle the anime right now.Maybe if it is over and I can watch it in one whole chunk.

Anyhow,this anime season is reeeeealy good if you like mecha.

Little comment on the side:
I HATE Tsundere characters.And whiney,insecure protagonists.
Doesn't that rule out something like 95.3% of all anime?

I just started Attack On Titan today! So far, so good... I'm just trying to pull up episode 2 and Crunchy Roll is taking forever to load right now.

Last anime I watched was Sword Art Online and I LOVED it! Planning on at least one SAO cosplay some time, after the hype has died down a bit more since everyone is cosplaying SAO and Titan this year.