[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Dave

Staff member
By the way, I don't want our site getting any hits from the boogaloo movement so I changed the name of the thread.

By the way, I don't want our site getting any hits from the boogaloo movement so I changed the name of the thread.
It was already misspelled as "bogaloo," wasn't it? presumably for that reason. Or am I thinking of the music thread?

--Patrick

I didn't realize Warner Brothers owned HBO and HBOMax. I guess that explains why everything their putting out that I actually want to see is on HBOMax instead of their fucking TV channel, Cartoon Network.

I didn't realize Warner Brothers owned HBO and HBOMax. I guess that explains why everything their putting out that I actually want to see is on HBOMax instead of their fucking TV channel, Cartoon Network.
Or in "Close Enough"'s case TBS! I'd also hope Tarantula moves there for a second season, but I'm PRETTY sure I'm one of ten people who watched that show on TBS's website so no bets on that.

Such is the fate of the anthology series...that and...well CN's historic shitty advertising.
Yeah, Cartoon Network's kind of the one responsible here. They advertised the hell out of Infinity Train's first season, then mildly teased season 2.

I think the real culprit however is that Warner Brothers has a very strong animation department right now, so everything is going to HBOMax is try and sell the service. DC Universe is already all but dead, all it's stuff is going to HBOMax too (how many people were complaining about Harley Quinn being somewhere no one would watch it?).

Yeah, Cartoon Network's kind of the one responsible here. They advertised the hell out of Infinity Train's first season, then mildly teased season 2.

I think the real culprit however is that Warner Brothers has a very strong animation department right now, so everything is going to HBOMax is try and sell the service. DC Universe is already all but dead, all it's stuff is going to HBOMax too (how many people were complaining about Harley Quinn being somewhere no one would watch it?).
QUITE-a lot, I'm probably gonna quit my subscription this month. Doom Patrol's on Max, Star Girl's on CW, only a matter of time before everything else moves. Sure they have a bunch of movies and TV shows, but I can just buy or rent them rather than pay for a monthly service.

I didn't even bother with the subscription. I got the first season of Harley Quinn on Itunes and will probably just get the second the same way. But maybe I'll just subscribe to HBO Max if they are actually going to pull a Disney and just have everything there, instead of trying to make a DC specific channel work for them. I haven't had cable for a long time, so sadly things leaving Cartoon Network isn't a big problem for me.

figmentPez

Staff member
I just finished binging Milo Murphy's Law, and this show is really underrated. One of the all time great theme songs, IMO.

Why I heard so much more about Phineas and Ferb than I ever did about MML is baffling to me.

I just finished binging Milo Murphy's Law, and this show is really underrated. One of the all time great theme songs, IMO.

Why I heard so much more about Phineas and Ferb than I ever did about MML is baffling to me.
We're going to the zoo! We're going to the zoo! And then we're going to see some animals!

Really hope it gets a 3rd season on Disney Plus or something, could easily go for two more seasons. I'm at least hoping the characters cameo in that new Phineas and Ferb movie that is SOMEHOW still being made, god damn Povenmire's crew are champs.

The Hazbin Hotel team just put up a pretty amazing music video.

They are saying there is some good news coming soon. I do hope the series got green-lit.

CALLING IT-
Hazel is a "Null" created by One-One made to help Grace and Simon get out of the car.
This is definitely the most likely scenario with the biggest impact at the end. I guess the main question here will be if the Null is aware of the fact that it is a Null.

The new Transformers cartoon that's supposedly good is ugly as sin. The models are good, the animation is bad, very bad. It's story isn't even that interesting. I don't get the gushing over it. When Optimus Prime's walk animation had his torso stretching and morphing I actually got a little upset. This is garbo.

Great! My son just started watching the original run on Hulu, but the pop culture references fly over his head. But we have been using "Wakko's US Capitals" and "Yakko's Nations of the World" for school the past couple of years, so some things are timeless.