[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Everything you (n)ever wanted to know about the creation, life, and death of Megas XLR, one of my favorite mid-2000s animated serieses.

Something to keep in mind about the show... taken from the comments section of the video.

Screenshot 2022-08-14 122744.png

So... not IMPOSSIBLE we could get more, but it would need some kind of international push to pay off the us domestic bill.

Warner Brothers: "Boys ages 8-35 aren't watching our shows very clearly aimed at girls 8-35! Let's stick it on HBOMax so we can show more reruns of Teen Titans GO!"

Later...
Warner Brothers: "Turns out the shows we stuck on HBOMax are our most interesting and compelling, but people aren't buying subs. Instead, they resent the move and are pirating the content! I KNOW! Let's waste MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on a Synder cut of Justice League!"

Even later...
Warner Brothers: "No one bought subs to see the Synder Cut! We're hundreds of millions of dollars in the hole and don't have a choice. Fine, let's make some female friendly programming!"

Today...
Discovery: "What's all this female friendly programing you spent millions on? No one's gonna watch that. Cancel the release of those expensive movies you made and write off half our original content for tax purposes. We need more room for Honey Boo Boo!"

At this rate, Disney's gonna fuckin' buy Discovery and we're gonna get a Justice League Vs Avengers movie and all the things I love will be destroyed in one fell swoop.

CGI He man season 3

Pretty good, but there were SO many similar story beats to Revelation,it just made it reek of corporate synergy. Even the end reveal is almost exactly the same as Revelation's, it's like Mattel made me watch the same show twice!

Remember how I keep saying Copyright Piracy is just self defense these days?

I've very much been telling others on my various discords that David Zaslav should be spoken in the same breath as Bobby Kotick. The slashes to the budget are entirely to inflate numbers before the next round of dividends are issued to AT&T's infamously flighty and reactive shareholders, basically to ensure he still has a job after.

I never got to see Magiswords. :(

Maybe now we'll start to see something like what I suggested before:
putting an end to 'hoarding.' If you don't offer your product for sale for at least 30 consecutive days AND you then suspend availability of your product for more than a year, then you don't deserve to keep the copyright. [...] You hear me, Disney? No. More. Disney. Vault. You are either selling movies, or you are giving them away. Movies you regret...like Song of the South? Too bad, you can only hide it away from The Public for one year before it goes public domain and can be freely shared. Orphan works? No longer an issue. If a company goes out of business or is acquired, the creditors/new owners need to make a decision regarding current product lineup: Either continue to offer the original product for sale, or kill it entirely, knowing that your control over that product will irrevocably end in one year. And no one-minute unannounced online sales to keep your claim going, per rule 1 you have to offer it for a minimum of 30 days in order to 'renew' for one more year.
--Patrick

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Harley: "If you wanted to help the people of Gotham so much, couldn't you start with... y'know, affordable housing or something?"

Bruce Wayne: ".... People PAY for housing?"

It wasn't quite a "WHERE'S MUH GODDAMN ELEK-TRICK CAR, BRUCE?!" moment but this episode got several good guffaws out of me.

Eh? I haven't heard anything related to Arcane needing crunch time. Not saying it didn't but I've done some searches and can't see anyone claiming it, let alone 7 years. As far as I know, animation work didn't even start until year 4.

Rick and Morty

Full of insane plot twists and genre subversion of their OWN plots, LOVE IT! ALSO-
-the fact that Morty's biological grandpa is...a WORSE person than his adopted one supposedly, Jesus Christ. Not to mention how even by our Rick's standards, doesn't give a shit about ANYTHING.

Still need to see it, if I can get my kid off the TV long enough.
Fortunately school is starting in a day or two, and then MUUHAAHomework!

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
We Bare Bears

I watched the first episode because I'd heard buzz about it, but didn't really know what it was about. It was okay, but I kept watching because of the fantastic theme song:

Four seasons of the show later and I did not skip the theme song even once. Not many shows can say that. The episodes themselves were hit or miss. Some were fantastic, and others were really bland. Overall I thought the characters were great though.

Pez wants to be badass. Like Ice Bear. (I'm definitely more of a Panda.)