[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

GasBandit

Staff member
A very interesting video essay/series review on Beavis and Butthead. Even I, who consider myself quite the ardent fan, learned a few things.

For example, it turns out the kid who set his house on fire, which led to the death of his two year old sister... had in fact never actually seen the show. His mother called the TV news before she called the fire department.

The longest life expectancy of an octopus is about 5 years.

Make of that information what you will.
It's literally the only reason they haven't become the most dominate lifeform in the ocean. In those 5 years, many of them learn tool usage, home building, and social skills all on their own... give them a life span like ours and they'd have a civilization underwater by now. Same deal with Orangutans, but they've at least started passing tool usage on.

South Park just needs to end, their streaming deal is just going to alienate fans, and even if an ep does have good satire the plots are still stretched out.

Hell, those Post COVID specials combined were 121 minutes!!! That's 40 minutes longer than the the original movie, and at least THAT had songs in it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Craig of the Creek

I can't believe I almost slept on this one. Craig of the Creek is one of the best animated shows in recent memory. I get a lot of Recess vibes from it, but more polished, with much better adult characters.

I love the mix of seeing things larger-than-life juxtaposed with a more realistic view of what happened.

The characters are loveable, the comedy is sharp, the animation is beautiful, there's tons of well handled pop-culture references, and the ongoing story arcs really manage to build some solid emotion. I'm eagerly awaiting future episodes.

Craig of the Creek

I can't believe I almost slept on this one. Craig of the Creek is one of the best animated shows in recent memory. I get a lot of Recess vibes from it, but more polished, with much better adult characters.

I love the mix of seeing things larger-than-life juxtaposed with a more realistic view of what happened.

The characters are loveable, the comedy is sharp, the animation is beautiful, there's tons of well handled pop-culture references, and the ongoing story arcs really manage to build some solid emotion. I'm eagerly awaiting future episodes.
Craig of the Creek is fantastic... very much Hey Arnold! meets Recess meets Codename: Kids Next Door. Each season (despite being mostly standalone episodes) builds on each other towards a fulfilling season, starting with the discovery of the other end of the creek and The Kingdom, leading up to the current "Heart of the Creek" storyline. I don't think it has many seasons left (though it's getting a movie) but it something everyone should be watching.

It also has some of the representation I've seen in kids TV period, with lots of languages and backgrounds being talked about and display. Hell, we even got Black ASL this week.

Boldly going where no “Star Trek” series have gone before, the casts of the live-action “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” and animated “Star Trek: Lower Decks” will meet on a crossover episode of Season 2 of “Strange New Worlds.” (Variety)

Last edited: