[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

REALLY-can't wait for Regular Show to get into the over-arching plot bits, I mean I LIKE the space adventures but...it feels kinda gimmicky. I mean, its not more crazy than when they were at The Park on Earth.

My oldest son got me hooked with Lego Nexo Knights. This show is great fun, and the corresponding Lego sets are neat. I'm not sure if this show will have the lasting presence that Ninjago has, but Nexo is highly entertaining.

Regular Show: Best. F-zero Race. EVER!

Star vs. the Forces of Evil: First act had the creepiest Billy West character of ALL time, and the next act had some of the BEST world-building EVER! FUCK-this show gets better and better.

Watching American Dad, during that story-arc where Haley dated Reginald the koala...were the writers just allergic to giving him good lines?

Because it felt seasonal, we're rewatching Over the Garden Wall.

On second viewing, I gotta say

Beatrice is really obvious, right at episode 2. Everything she says can be taken in a totally different context to the point that I feel dumb for not seeing through her the first time.

RWBY Volume 4

The season starts out with a bang with all sorts of great action scenes, animation having a nice upgrade, and a good start with all sorts of new characters...just a damn shame the bulk of the fan-base is obsessed with hating on Blacksun and not...all the crazy awesome shit that is going down.

Who should have played him instead? Pauly Shore?

--Patrick
Honestly that would be hilarious. Really though, they were going the self-referential route mocking his schtick but it felt a lot more lackluster given what I know of the guy. And honestly they made David Spade...the least annoying character. DAVID SPADE-master of being annoying! Also the voice recording was just garbage, did he have a cold while doing this?

As for the episode itself, there was like ONE good cut-away gag and that's it, and if anyone else watched tonight's episode you'd just want to yell "SIMPSONS DID IT" during the whole thing.

Last edited:
Ben 10 Reboot

To say its probably the best reboot of a Cartoon Network show...ain't saying much. I mean he's still an alien powered hero who saves the day, but it just feels too poinlessly looney tunes for a series that's been able to do legit action scenes in the past, even Omniverse! Also everyone was replaced with different actors except Tara Strong...again. This is the SECOND reboot she's been in where she was the only person that wasn't replaced, this is getting fucking ridiculous!

Ben 10 Reboot

To say its probably the best reboot of a Cartoon Network show...ain't saying much. I mean he's still an alien powered hero who saves the day, but it just feels too poinlessly looney tunes for a series that's been able to do legit action scenes in the past, even Omniverse! Also everyone was replaced with different actors except Tara Strong...again. This is the SECOND reboot she's been in where she was the only person that wasn't replaced, this is getting fucking ridiculous!
Hey now, Paul Eiding ain't getting any younger.

--Patrick

Ben 10 Reboot

This reboot was in the works well before they realized that Teen Titans GO! was their lowest rated show in virtually all of it's time slots. Which was especially sad after Stay Cool Scooby Doo completely bombed as well (undeservedly, I actually thought it was good.)

I have no faith that we won't see another show in this "wacky comedy" vein though.

GasBandit

Staff member
So what if they went off the air nearly 15 years ago? I've been binging on Sealab 2021 during downtime at work this week.
Tomorrow's headlines: "W VA hotel site of bizarre violence, screams of 'I'm declaring Martian Law' heard."
Subheadline: "Strange spate of involuntary marriages performed"