[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Wife and I are watching Batman TAS ... noticing a lot of episodes I'd never seen.

Anyway, yesterday we watched Poison Ivy's intro episode, and it didn't seem like she had any plant powers. She was an exceptionally skilled chemist and botanist, but her plant monster seemed to act of its own accord rather than being under her control, and her main weapon was a forearm-mounted crossbow. And now I can't remember if she ever gets plant powers in TAS or if this is how her character is defined for the length of the show.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wife and I are watching Batman TAS ... noticing a lot of episodes I'd never seen.

Anyway, yesterday we watched Poison Ivy's intro episode, and it didn't seem like she had any plant powers. She was an exceptionally skilled chemist and botanist, but her plant monster seemed to act of its own accord rather than being under her control, and her main weapon was a forearm-mounted crossbow. And now I can't remember if she ever gets plant powers in TAS or if this is how her character is defined for the length of the show.
She... grows into them.

At least until the redesigns, she looks way more human than any incarnation of her in the last decade at least in TAS.

WELP-South Park came back with a...cap-gun shot? I mean it was okay, but I miss the days when they weren't so "Over-arching plot" dependent.

Also it goes without saying, but "Legends of Chamberlain Heights" is abso-LUTE crap.

EDIT: ALSO-its written by Basketball players...not animation writers....part of me is kind of pissed off by that, especially how generic the first episode was.

Last edited:
Interesting article on South Park, with interviews from Stone and Parker, as well as Isaac Heyes III (son of Isaac Heyes, voice of Chef).

In it, Heyes' son confirms that Isaac didn't leave the show willingly. He had just suffered a stroke and was in no position to, but all of his staff were Scientologists and one of them did it without his knowledge, later strong-arming him into sticking with it. Apparently Stone and Parker figured it out later, but by then it was too late to do anything about it.

GasBandit

Staff member
I didn't think it a BAD episode, but it says something that I didn't get any huge belly laughs during it, and the thing that sticks out most in my mind is the final reveal of skankhunter42's true identity.

MEMBER CHEWBACCA? AAHHHHH

Came back to Korra after a break.

I think Beginnings might be my favorite episode set of this series so far. The art was beautiful and I really liked the First Avatar.

You know the further I get into LoK the more I think I might stop. I find myself just not liking Korra as a character all that much, and with season 2 focusing so heavily on her I end up spacing out and missing stuff in most episodes.

You know the further I get into LoK the more I think I might stop. I find myself just not liking Korra as a character all that much, and with season 2 focusing so heavily on her I end up spacing out and missing stuff in most episodes.
Season 2 starts slow, but LoK gets SO MUCH BETTER.

Oh hey that guy that lied to me a bunch of times promised to let my friend go if I do this terrible thing, guess I'll do it!

OH NO HE LIED AGAIN HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

derp derp derp

Season 3 and 4 don't focus solely on Korra. I mean, she's still the main plot point, because the show is about her, but lots of people get chances to shine.

Season 3 Korra is so good
Just finished it, and yeah it's easily the best so far.

Feeling kinda iffy on s4 so far, holy shit you could not telegraph a villain harder without slapping a handlebar mustache on them.[DOUBLEPOST=1474192105,1474192010][/DOUBLEPOST]Thankfully

Toph is here to make things good for now.

Where did this lady even come from? Like, end of season 3 she's some random medic and now she's capable of uniting 90% of the Earth Nation? Also I can't get over what a caricature she is, it's killing me.

e: Oh, okay, one conversation turns her into fucking Genghis Khan. What a stupid villain.

And that's the end of LoK.

All in all it was...okay, I suppose. I think I enjoyed Avatar more, when taking the full series into account.

The ending was nice, though I guess I was hoping for a bit more finality for the cast in general.

I could see myself watching Avatar again someday down the line, but LoK might be a one-time viewing.

Note: Videos do not work on iOS, Safari, or Internet Explorer. Haven't tried Edge yet.
Either that, or you need to install a WebM plug-in.

--Patrick

Considering how pretty much everyone these days is Chromium/WebKit (except Microsoft, of course), you'd figure there would be more interoperability.

--Patrick