The Video Game Kickstarter Thread of the Future of Passing the Risk to the Consumer

That is freakin awesome. I want one. Especially when it got to developer SDK kit, I was only sad that I don't have the money to plop down on this right now.

Also.... over 6 MILLION dollars raised with a 100k original goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4wfg/deus-ex-historica

Welcome to the Kickstarter campaign for 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming's first Super-powered by M&M product, a supplement for Green Ronin's 3rd edition of the M&M RPG!

With Deus ex Historica, you take a look into the files of future archaeologist Danni Cipher, and explore the Ages of the Super-Hero: from their Golden Age beginning, straight through to the Modern Age. Follow the way these comic book eras focused on different styles, struggles, attitudes and even powers, for hero and villain alike.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/101590/Deus-ex-Historica-Blood-Lily-Promo -- Free PDF preview of a villainess Blood Lily.

This kickstarter's just $230 shy of it's goal, with 5 days remaining.

Makes me REALLY miss Temco's Deception.....
I couldn't play that after the level where you had to kill this adventuring couple who were looking for an herb to cure their sick kid, and after you slew them it showed you their kid calling out for them as they died. I took the game out of the playstation and put it on Ebay.

Cool meta-concept game for mobile & PC/Mac platforms. You essentially play someone watching a girl trapped in a mansion with kill-traps. Your only connection to them is your phone, and you have to guide her through the house.

Art is pretty slick, and the concept looks like it could get pretty trippy.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/486250632/republique-by-camouflaj-logan
They need 400,000 in 2 weeks. That is NOT going to happen. And I actually liked Lifeline... probably because I never had any trouble controlling the girl. It was a fun experiment.

Nah, it was Lifeline. A game infamous for it's bad voice controls.
The main issue is that they designed the voice commands in the English version around a single dialect from the US... that being General American. This meant that if you had the slightest of accents, the game couldn't recognize what you said, thus the crap controls. I understand that this is the biggest issue in doing voice commands these days too.

Honestly... I enjoyed Lifeline, but that plot gets REALLY fucking stupid at the end.

I never played it. I only know of it based on it's reputation and an old episode of Broken Pixels. Though, my very neutral Canadian accent probably wouldn't have had much of a problem. The only word I know I pronounce strangely in comparison to other English accents is for.

Holy shit, ok, I just read over on the GAF about how Republique is getting absolutely lambasted by the absolutely douchey and insane iOS enthusiast press for doing a Kickstarter and then daring to agree to make a version for Mac and PC. They called PC gamers elitists who don't pay for games.

Fucking excuse me?

I've probably spent more money on single fucking games (Skyrim, ME3, countless Steam downloads (seriously, look up my Steam profile) than most Iphone users have spent in total for all their 99 cent garbage games.

I'm backing Republique now just based on what a fucking shithead the Touch Arcade dude is.

Read more here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472021

I've never heard of any of these sites or this game, but the whole "Haha, I'm losing readers, hahaha" thing reminds me of some B-grade villain from a 16-bit RPG, like Dalton from Chrono Trigger.

Well, NeoGAF is easily the biggest video game forum in NA with thousands of concurrent visitors at a time and 20+ million posts in the video game subforum.

I was only saying that to illustrate that I had no stake in this before assessing the guy's behavior. I know I'm not hip with what you kids be... hipping about. Something.

Game looks cool, but right now I don't have the cash, and I don't have a computer that could run it. I'm still waiting for the release of the last game I put money toward, Primal Carnage, and at this point I couldn't play that either on my computer.

Wow, that TouchArcade guy is giant douche. I can get skepticism about Kickstarter to a point, but this is something else entirely.

O

Overflight

Republique has 24 hours left but has gotten a huge surge of backers. Less than 100k remaining. Hope they make it.

There are new games being made by the people who brought us the Space Quest games, Gabriel Knight, and Grim Fandango.

It's like my childhood is coming back with a vengeance.

Not a video game, but a board game (although it sounds like they'll create a vidja game out of it soon enough) but this is the kickstarter thread, so:

I just went in on a $100 board game:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847271320/ogre-designers-edition

It ends today in a few hours, I'd never heard of it before, but after watching a few playthrough videos and reading about it, I believe my kids will go crazy playing it when it arrives (hopefully in time for Christmas this year). I'll probably enjoy it as well, of course.

Maybe I'm misreading it (hate their intro page, it reads like a scammy internet As-seen-on-TV offer, and it's super obtuse about what it's for) but it sounds like the reward for helping them build infrastructure is swag?

I'm...not sure how I feel about that. I'm totally okay (and have donated to a good handful of) companies fundraising in exchange for a discounted and/or bonused-up final product. But this sounds more like straight investing, and if there's no real product in the rewards that my money is directly contributing to than I'd much prefer a company/profit-share.

Gambitious sounds insane. Instead of dealing with only a few investors, the creative folks would have to deal with potentially thousands of fickle nerds.

Dead State is in it's final hours of funding, and while they are already funded, they are trying to reach their last stretch goals in the last few hours, if anyone finds it intertesting.