[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

figmentPez

Staff member
I made this post to my Facebook:

I feel compelled by my faith to say something about the current state of America. I say this with much prayer and with all sincerity: The current violence across the nation is nothing less than a failure of the Church. Right now there are many many Christians, myself included, who need to be on their knees praying that God will forgive them for their inaction in the face of injustice. We should be weeping and seeking God’s grace because we failed to stop the police from murdering so many innocent people. We allowed hatred to fester. We sought order more than justice; we sought retaliation over mercy. We let fear convince us that we needed to allow racist police officers to continue to protect us; turning a blind eye to the violence that is done in our names.

All of this was done very passively. “Lord, when did we see you with a knee on your neck?”, “Lord, when did we tell you to go back where you came from?”, “Lord, when did we shoot you while you slept in your bed?” The police are agents of the government, a “government of the people, by the people, for the people”, they are supposed to be those that do work in our name. The Lord says “whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me”. So, I ask you: What is being done in your name? Have you denounced the injustice being done by those who represent you? I know haven’t, not anywhere near enough, and I pray that God forgives me for this when I stand before His throne.

“If one part suffers, every part suffers with it.” The body of Christ is suffering because the body is not acting in unity to stop the poison of racism. I tell you the truth that there is more room for violent protest in Christianity than there is for racism. There is no excuse for allowing racism to fester in this country. But we have. Far too many Christians have allowed themselves to believe the lie that racism was over, that we’d stopped the oppression, and there was nothing major left to fight. It wasn’t present in our daily lives, so why should we say anything about it? Why should we listen to those who said it was still ever-present?

I’m not going to lecture you about all the ways that racism is still very real. Open your ears and listen! The evidence is clear. The violence across the nation is happening because the Police are an overwhelmingly violent institution, and the Church has not done it’s duty to speak out against that. Not nearly enough. We have perverted scripture and decided that we’re only to care about the innocent prisoners, and that mistreatment is okay when it’s done to the guilty; forgetting that we are all guilty and in need of grace.

I don’t need to be told “But NOT ALL Christians”. I know that. I know that there are those who minister to prisoners, and who preach against racism. I’d be a fool to think that there aren’t minority churches who have to regularly address the issue of racism from the pulpit, because it’s part of their lives. But we all know that far far more Christians pat themselves on the back and say “I don’t see color”, and “if they’d just obey the police officers, they’d be fine.” Far more Christians ignore the problem, and moreover ignore the christians around them who are actively racist.

“But God is in control!” Yes, yes He is. God is also in control when the needy go unfed, thirsty, and unclothed. He has called us to stand up and do, and will hold us accountable at judgment for when we stood by and did nothing. Thank God for mercy, but should we sin more so that grace may increase? No! By all means, no. I don’t know what I can do besides speak, so speak I will and I will pray to be able to do more.

...and that’s not even getting into the major problem of the police actively targeting journalists with violence. Story after story has come out of police targeting journalists, trying to keep them from reporting on the truth of what is happening. This is another very serious threat to our human rights, and should absolutely concern Christians. We should be livid at the thought of a government agency trying to stop reporters from freely speaking about what is going on in the world.

May God have mercy on the Church for our inaction.

I mean its a bit sad. Those would be real artifacts that would have a place in a proper museum.
Does the sad outweigh the happy I feel that that awful place burned? Not even close.
I feel the same way about the loss of these artifact that I feel about the loss of uniforms/decorations from Nazi Germany... upset at the loss of a physical object with great Historical significance. When there are no physical objects remaining to witness a time in history, that leaves open the chance for people a hundred years from now to say, "Oh, but there is no physical evidence of this period in time, therefore it must have been a myth."

--Patrick

Does anyone know what is going on in DC right now?

Twitter is on fire right now about a "blackout" that supposedly happened last night. Some people are coming in saying no blackout happened, but then a few of those people ended up using the exact same text (hinted at bot spam or hacked account spam). I can't find any actual news about what it's like in DC right now, so has anyone heard anything?

Dave

Staff member
At least the White House shut off all their lights, which is something that only usually happens when a president dies in office. And while we can only hope, it's probably more like Trump was jealous that the lights were all brighter than him so he took steps.

At least the White House shut off all their lights, which is something that only usually happens when a president dies in office. And while we can only hope, it's probably more like Trump was jealous that the lights were all brighter than him so he took steps.
This white house reporter says it happens every night. Still made for some nice symbolism though.

To be absolutely fair, the president does sleep inside the white house. It would be a little weird if all the outside lights were blaring inside at all hours of the night.

Did we ever find out what those kids even did to warrant such a mob? All I hear is they were out after curfew, but the car in front of them is also out after curfew and was not molested in the slightest.

Dave

Staff member
Meanwhile in Omaha.

And guess who isn't being charged?

Then you're fleeing which is a crime. And they'll have to use lethal force to stop them if possible necessary.
I am aware, they'd have (LIKELY, not for certain) been better off being arrested later. And there were white girls in the car ahead of them, so the cops wouldn't have risked their lives.

The way I see it, they were risking their lives not driving away as much as they were driving away. One is a running chance and cops are lazy.

You can tell the kid behind the wheel was freaked out once the cop started banging on his window and started to pull forward with the other car. The girl in the passenger seat was who told him to stop as she had just unlocked her door for the passenger side cop a moment earlier. Sure enough, it was then the cop pulled out the taser. One thing that really pisses me off is that this isn't just a black and white issue. The two officers in the video above were black, so it was not like this was just some white guys hunting some black kids. It was the police hunting some kids.

Conservatives keep bringing up the story of Tony Timpa today (warning, graphic) and how no one was outraged about it when he died years ago, even though it mirrors a lot of how George Floyd died. OF COURSE WE ARE OUTRAGED! The underlying issue is police brutality. Yes, sometimes stories fall through the cracks and not everyone knows about it like we damn well should, but no one is rooting for Tony Timpa to get smothered to death. The whole point is that police need to be held accountable.

People need to stop trying to obfuscate it by going "Well why didn't you do it here" bullshit. The keg has exploded.