[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

Necronic

Staff member
The newspaper of a low-ranked-college, not a low ranked newspaper from a college. I am not a good wordsmith.

Think of the Greendale newspaper.[DOUBLEPOST=1428693752,1428693669][/DOUBLEPOST]Man I really need to rewatching that assassin movie.

So much facepalm in there. I can understand - some - schools -may - need a police officer - though we have ghetto schools here as well and they manage without just fine (for a certain measure of "just fine"). A middle school where over a fifth of all students gets handed over to the police? That's just a general failing of all staff. Period.

This has been going on since the 90's. It's the same racket as for profit prisons, except some judges got caught getting kickbacks for every kid they send to a juvenile detention facility. Those judges got disbarred, but it's still a thing and it's entirely about making money.

GasBandit

Staff member
This has been going on since the 90's. It's the same racket as for profit prisons, except some judges got caught getting kickbacks for every kid they send to a juvenile detention facility. Those judges got disbarred, but it's still a thing and it's entirely about making money.
It's also about not getting school administrators sued, which is where the "zero tolerance" policy boondoggle comes from. If administrators aren't allowed to exercise judgement, then they can't be sued, right? Because they can't violate the policy, and the policy says, skipping in the hallway means you get referred to the police! Because if you actually got referred to a school official, somebody in the school system might have to make a judgement call decision, and that just opens the door right back up to those lawsuit things we're trying to not get.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-man-shot-deputy-meant-stun-article-1.2181787

It's just an accident that a 73-year old reserve deputy fatally shot an unarmed man instead of tasering him, so the department feels the situation doesn't warrant any further scrutiny. Despite the deputy saying, "Oops, I shot him," and the suspect saying "I've been shot", the officers who handcuffed and pinned the fatally wounded suspect said they initially had no idea he was shot. Their response to him complaining about being mortally wounded were "Fuck you", "You shouldn't have fucking ran," and "shut the fuck up."

Sgt. Dave Walker told the Tulsa World that police “would not investigate the death unless the sheriff’s office asked them to, and they have not asked us to.”
Yeah, no shit!

Oh, and why was a 73 year old carrying a gun and hanging out with police during an arrest?

"Bates, a former cop who served one year on the force in the mid 1960s, has donated thousands of dollars in cars, guns and other equipment to Tulsa police, the World reported earlier this week. The department has a program that allows wealthy benefactors to ride along with active officers as deputies."

Last edited:
Sounds more like "...that allows wealthy benefactors to ride along and hunt fugitives for sport."

--Patrick
Something something scifi movie reality show hunting the poor for sport something something.

Letting someone ride along, eh, I don't necessarily say it's wrong - a kid through Make a Wish Foundation, a sucker with too much money, I guess. Letting them DO anything, much less CARRY A GUN? I can't facepalm hard enough.

Something something scifi movie reality show hunting the poor for sport something something.

Letting someone ride along, eh, I don't necessarily say it's wrong - a kid through Make a Wish Foundation, a sucker with too much money, I guess. Letting them DO anything, much less CARRY A GUN? I can't facepalm hard enough.
Ride-Along programs are very wide spread. Most departments will allow ride-along programs with their traffic divisions, but they do warn that things can go sideways in a hurry. I know for local sheriff department you can carry your pistol IF you have a current conceal-carry permit.

GasBandit

Staff member
When are cops gonna learn not to fuck with people filming them? Because sure as shit, somebody else is filming them too.

I don't want to be overdramatic and say "this issue has broken me", but I don't have the stomach or whatever to update this thread with each story. I dunno. It's something about how like. I really thought it was bad, but realizing and seeing it's worse than I thought? Each successive story and hashtagged name is worse.

I don't want to be overdramatic and say "this issue has broken me", but I don't have the stomach or whatever to update this thread with each story. I dunno. It's something about how like. I really thought it was bad, but realizing and seeing it's worse than I thought? Each successive story and hashtagged name is worse.
I know what you mean. I feel like I see a new story at least every other day.

There's a thought process in Government lately that says if nobody knows that you did something wrong, then you must not have done anything wrong. The impetus is to protect the group you belong to, so eliminating any potentially incriminating evidence = better, right?
I mean, this process is everywhere, really ("Who forgot to flush? It had to be one of you, I know it!"), but lately there's a heightened awareness on trying to catch agencies and employees of various levels of government in the act, and what's happening is that not only is it being discovered that such evidence exists, but that there is additional evidence of the attempted suppression of that evidence, which further hurts their credibility.

--Patrick

Lately? Dude, Nixon tried destroying evidence including recordings in the 1970's.
Right, but that was an "isolated incident." Back then, everyone knew of course this wasn't something that happened every day. At least, not in America.

--Patrick

They're being charged. That's a step in the right direction. There are many more to take, but it's a start.