[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

You know what this gives me vibes for? The Jumanji movies. Not Robin Williams, but the series with Dwayne Johnson and Karen Gillen.

And...maybe it's because I hold no attachment to the games, but this looks kinda fun? I don't expect it'll be on anyone's top 10 or even top 20 movies of the year list, but I could see people being like "Yeah, that was dumb but fun."
Kevin Hart being Kevin Hart in both probably helps.

Dave

Staff member
Oh god it's so much worse than I expected. Jack Black as Claptrap is a TERRIBLE choice. And he...fights? Roland being TOWERED OVER by everyone? Handsome Jack is jus some dude? PISS WATER BEING ACTUAL PISS?!? Tiny Tina not being a consistently crazy girl singing and shit? How the FUCK did they ever look at the source material and think this was the right move?!?

Oh wait. They probably aren't fans of the game at all and just looked at dollar signs. had low expectations and I'm still disappointed.

had low expectations and I'm still disappointed.
Ditto.

Also who was the one saying the "Legend has it..." lines near the beginning? Was it Jamie Lee Curtis? Because the delivery of those lines sounded incredibly stilted and unnatural. Was it because they were editing together words from different sentences?

Cate Blanchett/Lilith.

--Patrick
Well, they do not sound like words that came out of a human's mouth, much less a professional actress, much less an Oscar winner. If it turned out that those lines had been made using a text-to-speech generator, I would be completely unsurprised.

It’s like they found what they believed to be the most interesting characters in all of the games, put them in a party together, and cast the absolute worst people to play them on purpose.
"In a recent interview ahead of his next film, Thanksgiving, Roth told me just how close the movie will be to the first game, with the film adaptation featuring the same cast of characters."

I guess he changed his mind.

"In a recent interview ahead of his next film, Thanksgiving, Roth told me just how close the movie will be to the first game, with the film adaptation featuring the same cast of characters."

I guess he changed his mind.
Or he just couldn’t be bothered to play the first game and just got a drunken recap of it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Snow White and the Seven Samurai
WTF, I was in acting class with one of the women in the cast. I'm not sure I should name her and have this show up in search results. When we were doing scenes from Antigone in class, she pronounced Zeus as "zay-us". Her most notable trait was that she never knew what to do with her arms. Unless instructed otherwise she'd just default to what we called "penguin arms". Despite having first billing on IMDB, I don't think she's in this trailer.

She is in this trailer for Transmorphers: Mech Beasts, though:

Inside Out 2
I’m hoping for a good film. And very little I’m seeing here is telling me it won’t be. But it does appear to be a retread of the first film; feelings get removed from the control room and need to go on a road trip through manifested human behavior to come to the conclusion that all feelings are good feelings in their own way.

I’m hoping for a good film. And very little I’m seeing here is telling me it won’t be. But it does appear to be a retread of the first film; feelings get removed from the control room and need to go on a road trip through manifested human behavior to come to the conclusion that all feelings are good feelings in their own way.
The Cars franchise should tell you all there is to know about the quality of Pixar sequels.

My kids (6 and 4) loved Inside Out as a comedy, and the parents loved it as a way to help explain their complex feelings. please be good. please be good. please be good.

It’s like they found what they believed to be the most interesting characters in all of the games, put them in a party together, and cast the absolute worst people to play them on purpose.
This feels like a 90s game movie adaption
Just realized the best example of why this movie is going to bother me.
It looks like a full length SNL movie parody, like that Bambi w/ Dwayne Johnson one they did years ago. Don’t ask why I just thought of that now. My mind is weird at 3am.

The Crow (2024)

Okay, hot take? I think this looks all right.

I could be completely wrong, but my intuition says this will join the ranks of the 2013 Evil Dead. Something that is distinctly different from the original, but way better than anyone expected it to be.

I should note that I don't hold a single iota of nostalgia for original Crow movie. I remember seeing it when I was in high school and thought it was...fine? It's probably been decades since I last watched it, so I don't even know how well it holds up.

That's not the Bill Skarsgard movie I am most looking forward too.

This is...
If they ever make a Saints Row movie, this is the kind of energy it should have. Just with more purple.

Also, Bill Skarsgard is getting typecast as the creepy killer type. He should do a high-profile romcom next.

The flying power armor looks fake and goofy to me, but otherwise this is encouraging. Vault dwellers absolutely would be completely clueless about this lawless wasteland, and Ella Purnell and Walton Goggins look good in their roles.

Not a fan of Bethesdizing the pre-Fallout 3 stuff, but Fallout is not for me anymore.

I DO NOT like the aesthetic of Fallout 4 and applying to it to older parts of the story actually kind of pisses me off (almost as much as a Brotherhood of Steel [dumb as fuck] airship being in California during the events of Fallout 1). This show obviously takes place around F1, since I can clearly see a Shady Sands sign (the wasteland settlement that would become the capital of the NCR)