[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

I think that looks boring as hell, and yet another case of Sony wasting acting talent on a poorly written story about Spider-Man supporting characters that no one cares about.

I think I'm beginning to understand my issues with Sony's live action efforts. They barely try. There's no apparent effort, independent of budget. It feels very 'work for hire' from script, directing, and cinematography. One of the strengths of Venom, few and far between, was the effort that Tom Hardy brought to it. Everything else was very milquetoast, but you could tell he was trying - either getting by on raw talent or at least a passion for the character. It's corporate movie making and it's never been so obvious.

I think that looks boring as hell, and yet another case of Sony wasting acting talent on a poorly written story about Spider-Man supporting characters that no one cares about.
I was actually hoping to see Madam Webb in Spider-verse as her 90's Spider-man cartoon self, where she was actually interesting. Now I'm just incredibly disappointed.

I'm sorry, but seeing Ezekiel Sims in the trailer made me think of the Simpsons.

"Get me Spider-Man!"

"He's unavailable."

"Then get me his non-union Mexican equivalent!"

Aquaman & the Lost Kingdom
(Theatrical release: December 22)

This looks absolutely ridiculous and I kinda want to see it. I actually liked the first one quite a lot and this looks like more of the same.

Needs more shirtless Jason Momoa. But I agree, aside from that totally legitimate gripe, it looks absolutely ridiculous and I kinda want to see it.

This looks absolutely ridiculous and I kinda want to see it. I actually liked the first one quite a lot and this looks like more of the same.

I swear didn't Aquaman 2 already come out like five years ago? Did I imagine it?

I'm glad to see the King of the Dead Men of Dunharrow managed to find another role after Return of the King.

Also I assume Mera is the mother of Arthur's son? She was very conspicuously absent from the trailer.

Now do BioShock!
I mean, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow was from twenty years ago, don't try to tell me it can't be done.

--Patrick

I choose to believe that Kong is wearing the Infinity Gauntlet.

Also, the giant beasts fighting while tiny worshippers congregate on the ground is reminding me of an old fighting game called Primal Rage. Did you guys ever play Primal Rage? I suddenly miss that game.

Dave

Staff member
I choose to believe that Kong is wearing the Infinity Gauntlet.

Also, the giant beasts fighting while tiny worshippers congregate on the ground is reminding me of an old fighting game called Primal Rage. Did you guys ever play Primal Rage? I suddenly miss that game.
I remember that game. Didn't play it that much but I remember it.

Humans: Godzilla we need you!

Godzilla: I'm retired. I'm not about that life anymore

Kong: funny, someone said you were the best they knew

Godzilla: Kong? You son of a bitch. Just when I think I'm out you pull me back in.

Kong: you ready for this old timer?

Godzilla: *puts on sunglasses* you mean are they ready for us?

*Gear up montage mostly centered around that glove*

Also can't wait until I have to sit through a response video of someone calling Godzillas pink scales woke

Ask and you shall receive....

Bioshock might have nice visuals to work with, but the twist doesn't work very well when you haven't played a bunch of single player shooters beforehand, let alone in a non-interactive environment.

It's also why Bioshock 2: Communist Boogaloo felt less interesting. It's not something that can be repeated in a different context.

Dune part 2
Villeneuve deserves an Oscar for directing, and probably screenplay, too. I've seen the previous movie and the mini-series, and this one actually holds my attention and for the first time I understand what the hell is going on (I only made it through the first few chapters of the book, waaaaayyyyy back in high school). He's gone above and beyond Peter Jackson in adapting a massive tome into an enjoyable film.