[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

New Sonic trailer: Night and day, it also helps that he seems less douchy in the new trailer.

Fantasy Island: How many even remembers the show? Only those who don't care about this movie.

To be fair, this could work if they keep the original "twist" behind the show, and none of them actually get hurt for real.

To be fair, this could work if they keep the original "twist" behind the show, and none of them actually get hurt for real.
That was one of my favorite things about the original. Everyone left the island wiser for their experience, even if that experience wasn’t the one they originally signed up for.

—Patrick

Finally.

(Yes I know, but now it’s official)
And unfortunately I missed it, but I hope it’ll come around again.

—Patrick

Wonder Woman 1984
Looks pretty cool.

Taking a stab in the dark and guessing that Maxwell Lord has some sort of stone that grants wishes, though probably twisted to some degree. That's probably how Steve is there, and how Kristen Wiig will become Cheetah.

Looks pretty cool.

Taking a stab in the dark and guessing that Maxwell Lord has some sort of stone that grants wishes, though probably twisted to some degree. That's probably how Steve is there, and how Kristen Wiig will become Cheetah.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_1984#Cast

Kristen Wiig as Barbara Ann Minerva / Cheetah: A British archaeologist, who after locating the lost city of Urzkartaga, stumbles into an ancient ritual, and becomes the host of their Cheetah-goddess

Dave

Staff member
Ghostbusters meets Stranger Things.

Ghostbusters without all that pesky comedy or jokes. Not sure how I feel about this trailer.

I think the jokes will be there, they just aren't pushing them too hard for the trailer. I'm hoping for an 80's comedy, where there is a whole story around the jokes. I feel like whenever I try to watch a comedy movie these days, I'm watching a 90 minute SNL skit. Not everything obviously, but a lot.

With the hints in the trailer ( the jumpsuit, the collection of spores, molds and fungus, the kids look kinda like him) it's safe to assume that the kids are Egon's grandkids. (I know it's obvious but the trailer is cut like it's a mystery). I don't have a problem with kids being the main characters. And the trailer looked more appealing than the other modern Ghostbusters movie.

I took a look at IMDB and the last names of the kids are not revealed there. But you know what it's revealed? That Ernie Hudson is credited as Dr. Winston Zeddmore.

Dave

Staff member
Ernie Hudson got screwed for the first movie. He was supposed to have a much bigger part and his character had an actual backstory and was a badass.

I'll be very glad if they make him an actual character instead of the "token black guy".

Ghostbusters without all that pesky comedy or jokes. Not sure how I feel about this trailer.
I am 100% in favour of movies not plastering their funniest lines / scenes all over their advertising since that way they're still funny when I see the movie. I mean, what's the alternative? Not watch the trailer? What type of person has that level of self-discipline?

Poor Finn Wolfhart isn't going to be able to act in anything without it being called Stranger Things.

This looks like a fan movie that got too much money thrown at it.
This is my feeling, but it seems more like a teaser, so maybe it'll come off stronger in a proper trailer.

You mean like the studios are pandering to a bunch of people my age who grew up during the 80's and are pining for a return to a simpler time and now have a lot of disposable inco-OHhhhhhhh