[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Well *clap* now all we gotta do is wait for either Rifftrax of Channel Awesome to deal with it! Its even funnier knowing that it looks like a bargain bin dvd movie, yet they expected it to have an actual theatrical release. It only made 73 thousand in box office for fucks sake!

figmentPez

Staff member
I suddenly feel the need to start a discussion about how real world physics relate to the events of a fantasy comic, just in hopes that God will kill off the catgirl played by Hillary Duff.

I am more disgusted with the story (or pitch) than I am the terrible animation. Fucking food brands are the good guys and they have to fight a war against generic food. Goddamned "Product Placement the Movie" with the follow up sequel "Diabetes"

Oh, man. That was .. challenging to get through.
How much money was spent securing the brands? I'm sure that took a hefty bite out of the budget.

The animation style reminds me a lot of:

...only in Food Fight, it looks much, much worse.

--Patrick

This isn't a wide release film but a feature length tourist spot for the local area where @Timmus and I live.

I know Jay likes to make fun of me for living in the middle of nowhere, but I hope this shows why I do.

At first it's a little annoying how everything's in slow motion here but you get used to it after a week or so.

Ooo, have you seen the trailer for that new J. J. Abrams movie that's coming out?

A little lacking in lens flare, though.

--Patrick

So, this movie has been making the rounds at festivals.

The big thing about this film is that it was shot unauthorized at the Walt Disney parks.

From what I've heard, legal analysts looking at the situation think Disney wouldn't have a case for intellectual property theft. It's not serving as an accurate representation of the parks (considering they shot at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, in addition to the obvious crazy shit) and its use of the parks within the framework of social critique operates in a way that might allow it to fall under fair use.

Officially, Disney's stance is that they're aware of the film. In my opinion, Disney's best option is just to ignore it. Any attempt to sue would draw attention to the film and reinforce the "evil corporation" image that some people have of Disney.

GasBandit

Staff member
Something looks very wrong with his face/head in that thumbnail. Like his forehead takes up 50% of his face, and his features are all offset to the left by about half an inch.

Or somebody photoshopped his face and shrunk it down into the lower left hand corner of his skull.

Something looks very wrong with his face/head in that thumbnail. Like his forehead takes up 50% of his face, and his features are all offset to the left by about half an inch.

Or somebody photoshopped his face and shrunk it down into the lower left hand corner of his skull.
He's still doing speed.

GasBandit

Staff member
Widow's Peaks.
No, a widow's peak is the part that sticks down in the middle of the forehead. When the corners recede, that's just male pattern baldness. But those corners are in the wrong places. His hair says he should be looking almost straight at the camera, not to its right. And, as I said, WAAAAY too much forehead, even for MPB.

No, a widow's peak is the part that sticks down in the middle of the forehead. When the corners recede, that's just male pattern baldness. But those corners are in the wrong places. His hair says he should be looking almost straight at the camera, not to its right. And, as I said, WAAAAY too much forehead, even for MPB.
7y6pE.gif

All I noticed in that trailer were a lot of cars careening through the air yet seeming to suffer very little damage.

Very true to the game then.

That trailer actually looks way better than it has any right to.

Also, the name "Need for Speed" is dumb as shit.

Every time I hear the phrase "Need for Speed," all I think of is Freddy Kruger screaming, "This boy feels the need for speed!"

Not safe for work or if you're not one for horror movies:

Of course, I also react like a 5-year old every time I hear Call of Duty. :p

While looking for Attack on Titan soundtrack stuff on Youtube, for some reason a full trailer for Frozen popped up on the search. I figured I'd give it a look:

That looks a hundred times better. I want to see it now. I'm okay with the fact that they abandoned making it a Snow Queen adaptation--I've seen a couple of those and it's kind of a tough story to do in film without messing it up a bit. I'm also glad the Snowman isn't a non-speaking whacky Minion-wannabe. He's a real character and I'm surprised at the direction they seem to be taking where he's willing to help the leads end winter, acknowledging later in the trailer that it will probably mean his death. I mean, damn.

And seeing the creators' credits reminds me I still need to see Wreck-It Ralph.

You need to see Wreck-It Ralph.

--Patrick
I know, I just haven't had an opportunity yet. The one kids movie my cousins don't have.

Okay, they didn't have Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, but we got that. Come to think of it, they're getting towards being teenagers. I've been riding the "see kids movies for free" train for the last several years and it's about to derail as they insist on seeing Adam Sandler films and crappy teen comedies. I'll have to start doing the legwork to see kids movies myself now. Like a real adult. Hmph.

This is not to say that kids won't like it, it's just that it was also made with the 30+somethings in mind, and it appeals to both of them.
Oh boy does it.

--Patrick