[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

So, @Zero Esc, opening night or as soon as humanly possible thereafter?

I don't even need to watch the trailer to say yes.

Actually, I wish I could avoid it until after I see the movie, but I'm sure it will be in front of the three movies I go to between now and then. I feel overdone with trailers for movies I'm already sold on. In just glad I won't have to see another Guardians trailer since that's the next movie I'm going to.

For what it's worth, and just in case you really haven't watched the trailer for the apes, I don't think this one gives away too much. It mainly repeats the plot points already revealed in the last trailer.

For what it's worth, and just in case you really haven't watched the trailer for the apes, I don't think this one gives away too much. It mainly repeats the plot points already revealed in the last trailer.
Thanks; you're right, it wasn't like the Spider-man trailer.

Looks excellent. Like Nick, I'll be re-watching Rise and Dawn to get hyped when the time gets closer. Really loved those two movies; I'm sure this will be no different.

The surprise in that trailer was when Woody Harrelson pulled off his mask and revealed he was an ape all along...
"Oh my god, I was wrong!
It was me all along!
You've finally made a monkey..."

"Yes we've finally made a monkey..."

"Yes you've finally made a monkey out of meeeeeeeeeee!"

I've long been a member of #TeamHateHard when it comes to Friends due to a combination of it being lousy and me being forced to watch it a lot. If it just stayed out of my life, I'd be happy to let it stay in its corner of the world.

Hey guys, remember when we talked about movie trailers? Good times. Oh, and here's a new trailer for The Mummy.

It's nice to see Suicide Squad's The Enchantress still getting work.

Dave

Staff member
The whole concept of the mummy is just dumb. "Hey, here's a really bad guy. Let's bury him alive and if he (or she now) ever gets free they'll be super powerful. But that'll never happen, right?"

The whole concept of the mummy is just dumb. "Hey, here's a really bad guy. Let's bury him alive and if he (or she now) ever gets free they'll be super powerful. But that'll never happen, right?"
oh wow. The Mummy's a caution tale about burying nuclear waste!

Ehh... the whole point of it was they made him immortal so he could never be reunited with his love in the Land of the Dead. The "also makes him superhumanly powerful" part really didn't matter to them because they'd already be in the Land of the Dead and thus beyond his power. The plot makes sense, but only if you realize they didn't care if he got out because they'd be dead.

Here's a controversial statement: Popularity is one of the most objective measure of if something is "good" or not.

Thus I weep for good.
If you change that to "popularity over time", it's not that bad. That way fads no longer skew the results.

As a metaphor, this is what people do when they don't address their problems. "If I just ignore this, it'll get bigger and bigger and if it gets free it'll ruin my life. But that'll never happen, right?"

To be fair, he wasn't even bad, he just liked the wrong woman. I mean the "lets torture his soul for eternity (or until he gets out) instead of just regular punishment" guys where way worse.

To be fair, he wasn't even bad, he just liked the wrong woman. I mean the "lets torture his soul for eternity (or until he gets out) instead of just regular punishment" guys where way worse.
To be fair, he also killed the Pharaoh in the first movie, not JUST "liked the wrong woman." Still a bad idea to not just kill him.

To be fair, he also killed the Pharaoh in the first movie, not JUST "liked the wrong woman."
Pretty sure killing someone to get their woman wasn't seen as much of an issues back then, as the fact that the guy that died was the Pharaoh... otherwise it was just the way you got a divorce back then.

Charlize Theron beating everyone up, a girl-on-girl scene with Sofia Boutella, James McAvoy acting snarky, gunplay, car chases, explosions, quips... my god, it's like someone went into my head and made the perfect movie based on what they found in there.

Well, okay, my perfect movie would involve a few more girl-on-girl scenes with some other actresses, but let's not be overly picky.

Charlize Theron beating everyone up, a girl-on-girl scene with Sofia Boutella, James McAvoy acting snarky, gunplay, car chases, explosions, quips... my god, it's like someone went into my head and made the perfect movie based on what they found in there.

Well, okay, my perfect movie would involve a few more girl-on-girl scenes with some other actresses, but let's not be overly picky.
In Star Wars: Episode I: Bhamv3 edition, the pod race sequence is replaced by 20 minutes of Padme and her handmaiden scissoring.

I think we can all agree that would be a way better movie.