The Ultimate Nerd Debate: Solved. Superman vs Goku, the definitive battle to the death

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about what I expected.

At the end of the day, when both guys can easily destroy a planet without even really trying, the guy who can breath in space wins.

No, Supes is really fucking overpowered even after the silver age. I never understood why this was a debate, actually.

Can Superman effortlessly destroy a planet? It's a honest question, his powers do not seem to go that way. I'd actually say when comparing them, Superman excels more in invulnerability and speed whereas Goku excels in firepower.
(Haven't watched the video yet)

Can Superman effortlessly destroy a planet? It's a honest question, his powers do not seem to go that way. I'd actually say when comparing them, Superman excels more in invulnerability and speed whereas Goku excels in firepower.
(Haven't watched the video yet)
Faster than light speed movement in space means you can just drill through the planet in half a dozen places and watch it implode. Or he could blow off the entire atmosphere. Depending on generation Supe's reaaaaallly overpowered.

My problem is that as it has been mentioned, Superman is so inconsistent in his power levels. So he can take "15 novas to the face" but gets beat into a pulp by Doomsday, and yet earth, and hell, even the city around him still stands. It just seems some days Supes is a planet-cracking beast, and other days, powerless Batman can take him out because he's "prepared".

*shrug*

I think there would be no winner.

Goku will just take Snake Way over and over/be resummoned back to life by the Dragonballs to be resurrected.
Superman still hasn't truly died, even Doomsday just put him in a -deep coma-.

Stalemate.

figmentPez

Staff member
Superman still hasn't truly died, even Doomsday just put him in a -deep coma-.
The super-coma was the explanation was in the novelization of the storyline, I don't know if it ever was stated that way in the comics. However there is a comic where someone, I think Waverider, tells Superman that he really did die and that it was a one-time thing. That could have just been hand waving to try and make the odds more serious and pretend that major heroes can actually die.

The super-coma was the explanation was in the novelization of the storyline, I don't know if it ever was stated that way in the comics. However there is a comic where someone, I think Waverider, tells Superman that he really did die and that it was a one-time thing. That could have just been hand waving to try and make the odds more serious and pretend that major heroes can actually die.
Well major heroes DO die all the time, they just find ways back through super-natural entities. Much like Goku.

I think that if we examine the weaknesses, both of them are too goody-two shoes to really go at it full blast. Goku would win if he would blow up the Planet because that's Supes weakness, his love for the people, but Goku wouldn't kill an innocent soul if he could help it. I think if they had a -fight- it would be over who could SAVE the most people :rofl:

I haven't watched the video, but assuming morals are being put aside, couldn't Goku blow up the sun, the source of Supe's power?

I haven't watched the video, but assuming morals are being put aside, couldn't Goku blow up the sun, the source of Supe's power?
He could, but you kind of have to take into account morals when the two characters are both defined by their mercy. Goku wouldn't cheat to win and nether would Superman (who could, conceivably, just melt a hole in Goku's head like he did to Doomsday in the DCAU).

Any yellow star gives Supes his powers, he doesn't lose his powers instantly, and he can travel back in time because he's so fast. He could fly to another yellow sun, regenerate some powers, fly back in time, and stop Goku. Admittedly, a bit of a stretch, and you make a good point - against some variations of Supe, Goku ought to win.

Goku. Since Kame Kame Ha sounds more like a spell than an innate power. Supes can't handle magic.
It's officially an innate power, that is effected by your physical strength. Even if it wasn't officially stated, magic and ki are handled very differently in Dragon Ball Z and do wildly different things.

Seriously guys, they spend 15 minutes explaining what their powers are, how their powers work, and what they are good against. Then they spend another few minutes after the fight explaining the math of everything. Just watch the video.

Necronic

Staff member
The real loser of this fight is the viewer, because we have to accept how god awful both of those characters are.

Superman rocks, I have no idea what you're talking about.

And yeah, every DEATH BATTLE! I've seen has the guy I'm rooting for kick ass. Spidey vs Batman was particularly satisfying. Fuck that disturbed traumatized batweirdo.

And yeah, I'm sorry, if you haven't seen the video why are you even arguing on this? They seriously could not have been more thorough.

If you haven't watched the damn thing you have no right to call it boring. You really are an incredibly illogical being.

Fine. If you haven't watched the damn thing you have no right to call it "serious".

Sorry for going for "boring" when you used "ruins joke", "debatable" and "serious", I thought that was actually pretty good reading comprehension.[DOUBLEPOST=1357929317][/DOUBLEPOST]*rubs his body with the disagrees* Oh, yes, yes, so comfy, your butthurt is DELICIOUS

Really? damn you are a douche. I'm butthurt, but you are the one flailing about because I don't want to watch 20 minutes of math and science review of a fight between two fictional beings from different universes.

hahaha, I got an alert barrage of disagrees, if that's not the definition of butthurt i dunno what is. Just move on and stop trying to piss on every post I make before the mods get all colored font on us. I'm a douche, fine, move on dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.