The Tech Random Crap Thread

Reactions
645 184 4
this a thousand times this, my case is a big black double insulated box with no windows and just a led for the power button
My new 270R is solid on the sides and front, but the open grill on top makes for interesting patterns on the ceiling when the room lights are off.

Reactions
1,131 207 4
You will pry my rainbow fan lights from my cold, dead fingers, you fuckers.

fade

Staff member
Reactions
275 82 4
This is weird. I returned a motherboard to Amazon (it went directly to the actual seller), and I got my refund.....but then I got the motherboard back. That was weird. It was the same box, and it looked as if it had not even been opened. At first, I thought the return label had not printed correctly, and I'd accidentally sent it on a long trip to myself, but no. It was a new label, new date, new tracking number. The return address was "NO RETURN". But I definitely got my refund. Really odd. I wrote the seller to ask if they meant to do that, but no reply.

EDIT: Oh, it wasn't an immediate refund, either, so it's not "oh now they're going to take it back". It was marked received and approved first, then the refund was issued.

Reactions
832 160 1
This is weird. I returned a motherboard to Amazon (it went directly to the actual seller), and I got my refund.....but then I got the motherboard back. That was weird. It was the same box, and it looked as if it had not even been opened. At first, I thought the return label had not printed correctly, and I'd accidentally sent it on a long trip to myself, but no. It was a new label, new date, new tracking number. The return address was "NO RETURN". But I definitely got my refund. Really odd. I wrote the seller to ask if they meant to do that, but no reply.

EDIT: Oh, it wasn't an immediate refund, either, so it's not "oh now they're going to take it back". It was marked received and approved first, then the refund was issued.
Sounds like there was a mixup somewhere. I've known some places to just not take damaged/faulty equipment back and will refund you while letting you keep it. It's strange that they bothered to put a new label and ship it back to you, though.