The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

I love Corner Gas. Very dry humour, very Canadian. Best sitcom we've had since.... well I can't think of any other good Canadian sitcom. I'm tempted to say it's the best comedy show we've had since Kids in the Hall though.

I love Corner Gas. Very dry humour, very Canadian. Best sitcom we've had since.... well I can't think of any other good Canadian sitcom. I'm tempted to say it's the best comedy show we've had since Kids in the Hall though.
Stop explaining everything Jackass.

corner gas.jpg

Sorta like the Andy Griffith Show, if Andy was a snarkasaurus?
I'm too young to have ever watched the Andy Griffith show, but yes?
Most of my friends aren't exactly big fans, but I thought it was pretty great.
It did air (Or maybe still does in syndication for all I know?) in the States, but obviously it didn't really do as well there.
I dunno. It looks like just about the whole series is on youtube.

*shrugs* like I said, most of my friends didn't really like it either.It wasn't amazing TV, it was a cheap, tame sitcom. But I enjoyed it nonetheless. I wouldn't say it compares to Kids in the Hall, just that it's the best since Kids in the Hall, cause really since Kids in the Hall what have we had?
I mean, there's this Hour Has 22 Minutes (Which I think nosedived the minute Rick Mercer left to do his own show)
Royal Canadian Air Farce, which I never found funny.
And there was Red Green.
That's pretty much it, that I can think of.

Air Farce was a bunch of old radio comedians doing something they were NEVER suited to do.

At least that's what my Grandpa told me.

Oh! Trailer Park Boys. We had that too. Which I never got into. Not really my kinda thing. Though I saw the first movie,and it was actually pretty okay.

Not the hugest fan of TPB either, but they have their moments and this might be the finest moment in the history of TV:

IIHF Men's World Championship started today, with Canada beating Slovakia. :D

Tomorrow they play the US.

Also, what do you make of this Wendy's "Poutition" to get poutine declared Canada's national dish? I take issue with it myself. First of all, it's Wendy's. They can butt out of what is declared by the federal government to be a national symbol. But also, I LOVE poutine, it's delicious, but you can't deny it: it's fast food. It'd be like the US declaring the hot dog their national dish.

So question for my northern neighbors. That stuff you call bacon, we here in the deep redneck south call ham. So what do you call what we call bacon?

Curious bear wants to know.

Except hot dogs taste good. :troll:

So question for my northern neighbors. That stuff you call bacon, we here in the deep redneck south call ham. So what do you call what we call bacon?

Curious bear wants to know.
We don't call that bacon. Only Americans call that Canadian bacon, and I think they do it just to annoy us.

What is ACTUALLY Canadian bacon, is a slightly differen cut, and is called "back bacon". But we don't call that "bacon" OR "Canadian bacon". It's usually also coated in a thin layer of peameal, and more commonly referred to simply as "peameal bacon".

What we actually call bacon, is bacon.

We don't call that bacon. Only Americans call that Canadian bacon, and I think they do it just to annoy us.

What is ACTUALLY Canadian bacon, is a slightly differen cut, and is called "back bacon". But we don't call that "bacon" OR "Canadian bacon". It's usually also coated in a thin layer of peameal, and more commonly referred to simply as "peameal bacon".

What we actually call bacon, is bacon.

I think we have achieved a bacon singularity here. SORCERY!

If Canada loses to the US this time, it's not my fault. Got my jersey on and it's pristine.
*edit: Kay, that wasn't my fault. Canada did not play well. Only reason that even went to OT was because Cam Ward kept us in the game.

Ottawa was fun today. Went to the tulip festival then the war museum. Good times. It was sunny and pretty warm.

Felt good.