The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

I mean, I'm pretty close to there too.

That being said, I prefer to stay on the side of freedom, justice, and a lack of "u"s in color.

Last time I went to Canada I nearly got strip searched by your border guards and my friend who passed out on a picnic table got chased off it by a bear in the middle of the night. Nuts to you guys.

Last time I went to Canada I nearly got strip searched by your border guards and my friend who passed out on a picnic table got chased off it by a bear in the middle of the night. Nuts to you guys.
Sorry about that Reggie was having a bad day, not sure what was up with the border guard though.

That's so weird, I have a tonne of friends who have had to travel to and from the States in the past few years (Americans going to school here, mostly), and every one of them says the Canadian border patrol just waves them through without a second glance while the American ones always have a hundred angry questions.

Yeah, I dont think I've ever had it so the Canadians were harsher than the americans. Even crossing on foot, the canadians were so much more pleasant.

B

BErt

My favorite part of the map is LittleSin's bikini Cthulhu pic under the word PARADISE...it's like the most bizarre travel poster ever.

This was at least 12 years ago. Going back to America was basically just a wave and welcome back. In their defense, we were a group of 19 year olds who had no plans and no idea where we would be staying. Basically we went to drink legally and they knew it. Probably just wanted to give us hell. They even emptied my vehicle and went through everything. We stayed at a campground and didn't even bring a tent, which is why my friend passed out on the picnic table.

Vancouver?

Then that fist means something completely different when the Nucks lose... ooohhhhhhhhh !!! :D

I have one, but it's sadly out of date.
And there's that whole "heightened awareness" thing going on now that hasn't exactly made me want to run out and get a new one.

--Patrick

I'd love to go to Canada some day. My brother's family lives at Great Falls MT, which isn't that far from the border. I might have to plan something when I visit them.

Damn it... I'm the only Calgarian here? I want to meet some of you Canucks! If you're ever passing through or visiting the area let me know and we can have some drinks!

I suppose I could always go to Edmonton and hang out with Frank and Chad :)

Damn it... I'm the only Calgarian here? I want to meet some of you Canucks! If you're ever passing through or visiting the area let me know and we can have some drinks!

I suppose I could always go to Edmonton and hang out with Frank and Chad :)
I'm FROM Calgary, but not living there anymore. As Dirona said above, we're in Saskatchewan (for now).

I woke up this morning, made some French toast... used some local Maple Syrup. It was tasty.

I feel very Canadian right now.

I woke up this morning, made some French toast... used some local Maple Syrup. It was tasty.

I feel very Canadian right now.
Real, 100% maple syrup, is fucking liquid gold.

Normally I'm too cheap, but I got a big bottle of it in grade 8 when I went to a cabin de sucre in Montreal, and I friggin' guarded it from the rest of my family, using only a drop every so often for very special occassions. Like a very fine liquer.

The following internet-famous people are also Canadian:

Star Wars Kid (Trois Rivieres, Quebec)

Zombie Boy (Montreal, Quebec)

Robert Wilkinson (Edson, Alberta)

Shit Girls Say (Toronto, Ontario)

Epic Meal Time (Montreal, Quebec)

So I'm watching the IIHF U-18 Quarterfinal game between the USA and Canada. Naturally this means I'm wearing my Team Canada hockey jersey. I haven't eaten anything yet, so I decide it is sandwich time.

Enter the most difficult to open pickle jar in the history of mankind. It's an epic struggle of man vs pickle jar, with the pickle jar winning at first. Eventually, I pop the damn thing open, only by digging down deep and utilising every bit of my strength. It BURSTS open, spraying pickle brine all over the kitchenm and on my wonderful Team Canada Jersey.

So now my jersey is out on the balcony drying off after a heavy duty scrub in the sink. If Canada loses this game, it's all my fault.

*EDIT: My bad, you guys.